PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Flores says he hasn't talked to Belichick since texts came out, return to NE was never in play prior to going to Pittsburgh

I noticed that Flores contacted Tomlin for advice on what to do. What does that say, if anything?

The defensive coaching staff is a dysfunctional mess and has been for 3 seasons. But, when the guy who coached your defense the year before when the D carried your team to a SB championship suddenly becomes available, you don’t even consider bringing him back on staff. Tell me again about “the best interest of the team” you pathetic fraud.
The defense got better after he left. I don't care what kind of nonsense you want to use to downplay the 2019 defense (there sure is a lot of that on here from the usual suspects), they allowed A HUNDRED fewer points in the regular season and then held the hottest offense in the league to 14 points in the playoff game.

I noticed that Flores contacted Tomlin for advice on what to do. What does that say, if anything?
Tomlin is involved too. He has only been at Pittsburgh for 15 years and with a HOF QB lost in post the season every way imaginable.

Did Flores tell Tomlin that the Dolphins wanted to pay him to lose?

The defensive coaching staff is a dysfunctional mess and has been for 3 seasons. But, when the guy who coached your defense the year before when the D carried your team to a SB championship suddenly becomes available, you don’t even consider bringing him back on staff. Tell me again about “the best interest of the team” you pathetic fraud.
Hope Bill reads this bro

You think the defense has been a dysfunctional mess because the team didn't reach the same level that it did in a super bowl year? There was a lot of turmoil in the defense over the intervening years, with both opt outs, reintegration of those guys a year removed from playing and a large influx of free agents... That they played so well over the two year stretch refutes your statement of dysfunction. They are not a championship caliber d right now, but the defense is definitely not dysfunctional.

It says he wanted advice from a man who has excelled in the NFL, who has most likely faced and overcome some of the inherent hardships that are in play due the color of his skin

I have to believe that BB recommended Daboll over Flores as the better option. Not because of race.
I have no reason to think that he didn't speak very highly of BOTH Brian Daboll and Brian Flores. Perhaps even moreso of Brian Flores, to the extent that when a Giants contact told BB that they would be be making an offer to "Brian", BB wrongly assumed it to mean Brian Flores was getting the offer.

Looks like Flores' remedy is some kind of oversight committee on coach hiring in the NFL. So, if implemented, some outside body is going to tell your team who they can and cannot hire? I don't see how that could go wrong.

I have no reason to think that he didn't speak very highly of BOTH Brian Daboll and Brian Flores. Perhaps even moreso of Brian Flores, to the extent that when a Giants contact told BB that they would be be making an offer to "Brian", BB wrongly assumed it to mean Brian Flores was getting the offer.
Then why did he say he f'ed up and corrected himself?

Then why did he say he f'ed up and corrected himself?
Because BB then realized that he had misunderstood the info from the Giants as to which Brian was being given the offer.

I don't know why people assume somthing nefarious when it is pretty clear that it was a simple misunderstanding.

The fact that BB initially thought that the offer was going to Flores kind of indicates that he had given Flo a very good recommendation, since he so readily assumed (wrongly) which Brian was being offered.

Last edited:
Right, and he also heard that from Buffalo and concluded it was Brian Flores.

Because BB then realized that he had misunderstood the info from the Giants as to which Brian was being given the offer.

I don't know why people assume somthing nefarious when it is pretty clear that it was a simple misunderstanding.

The fact that BB initially thought that the offer was going to Flores kind of indicates that he had given Flo a very good recommendation, since he so readily assumed (wrongly) which Brian was being offered.
Hello!!! Belichick didn't misread anything from anybody. Belichick texted the wrong Brian, obviously. Did you even read the texts??

The full transcript of the text messages:

Belichick (2:30 PM): Sounds like you have landed - congrats!!

Flores: Did you hear something I didn't hear?

Belichick: Giants?!?!?!?!?!

Flores: I interview on Thursday. I think I have a shot at it

Belichick: Got it - I hear from Buffalo & NYG that you are their guy. Hope it works out if you want it to!!

Flores: That's definitely what I want! I hope you're right coach. Thank you. Coach, are you talking to Brian Flores or Brian Daboll. Just making sure.

Belichick (4:51 PM): Sorry - I f***ed this up. I double checked & I misread the text. I think they are naming Daboll. I'm sorry about that. BB

Flores: Thanks Bill

Belichick thought he was talking to Daboll. Belichick says "I hear from Buffalo & NYG that you are their guy." (1) Clearly when Belichick says "Buffalo" he thinks he's talking to Daboll because obviously Daboll was the OC for Buffalo. Belichick didn't realize he had texted Flores instead of Daboll until Flores asked him "are you talking to Brian Flores or Brian Daboll." As opposed to acknowledging with Flores that he (Belichick) thought he was talking to Daboll (which would have been a direct response to Flores' question), Belichick acted like he double checked a text (from Buffalo and/or NYG), which indicated Daboll got the HC job but he (Belichick) had misread it. (2) That scenario just isn't plausible because Belichick said he heard from "Buffalo AND NYG" so you would have to believe Belichick misinterpreted both organizations telling him in separate texts which Brian had been hired. (3) Even more implausibly you would have to believe both organizations only told Belichick that "Brian" was being hired, like there wouldn't be any clarification of Brian Daboll. It's not believable that could even happen once, but twice, GTFOOH!

************ I hope people don't actually believe Belichick thought he was talking to Flores in that text exchange. Belichick texted the wrong guy, no question about it.

So much for Flores being a disgruntled employee. Walked away from millions to be free to speak. Ross is a pos scumbag who thinks he can buy anyone and solve anything with money. F*ck that prick. I hope he's forced to sell.
Part of me hopes the phins get hammered with loss of picks and fines etc. But then another part doesn’t want Miami to get an owner who actually knows how to properly run a football team.

Part of me hopes the phins get hammered with loss of picks and fines etc. But then another part doesn’t want Miami to get an owner who actually knows how to properly run a football team.
I mean we've gone 1-3 against them last 2 seasons with Ross as the owner. Regardless, Ross needs to go. He's a scumbag.

I hope they're good. Belichick has to be partially understanding that it is his texts that substantiate Flores' case the most, and as a result, he had to use them to show what he was speaking about. I really doubt Flores holds much frustration towards Bill, and it'd be kinda lame for Bill to get salty at someone else for his own hilariously bad blunder of a text mess-up.

But then again, what do I know.

************ I hope people don't actually believe Belichick thought he was talking to Flores in that text exchange. Belichick texted the wrong guy, no question about it.
That's not clear at all. The odd thing was mentioning Buffalo and I grant that was strange.

BB texted Flores at 2:20PM and congratulated him.
Flores texted right back and asked if he was sure it was Brian Flores or Brian Daboll.
2 hours and 21 minutes later BB texted back and said very clearly that he had double checked his infor and concluded that he had misinterpreted the texts that had led him to congratulate Flores. Sorry, they mean Daboll, when I though that they meant you.

People jumped to the conclusion that BB texted the wrong person because it fits into the old guy and technology stereotype, but I don't think the words in the text and timing agree with that interpretation. BB misinterpreted information and then texted who he intended to text. He then realized his mistake.

That's not clear at all. The odd thing was mentioning Buffalo and I grant that was strange.

BB texted Flores at 2:20PM and congratulated him.
Flores texted right back and asked if he was sure it was Brian Flores or Brian Daboll.
2 hours and 21 minutes later BB texted back and said very clearly that he had double checked his infor and concluded that he had misinterpreted the texts that had led him to congratulate Flores. Sorry, they mean Daboll, when I though that they meant you.

People jumped to the conclusion that BB texted the wrong person because it fits into the old guy and technology stereotype, but I don't think the words in the text and timing agree with that interpretation. BB misinterpreted information and then texted who he intended to text. He then realized his mistake.

You keep on conveniently ignoring the "I hear from Buffalo" portion. So you believe Bill heard from Buffalo that "Brian is getting NYG" and he concluded they were talking about Brian Flores? Come on man.

The 2 hour gap was either:
1) Bill was busy walking Nike, or
2) He realized he fv*ked up and needed a BS excuse to give BFlo.

At least he admitted to fv*king up because that's exactly what he did. He texted the wrong Brian. Your interpretation requires a leap of blind faith to believe.

That's like asking a lady how far along is she, and she says I'm not pregnant.

You keep on conveniently ignoring the "I hear from Buffalo" portion.
It's literally the 2nd sentence in my post that you quoted. I didn't ignore it and I admit that it adds to the confusion.

You ignore Bill's comment "I double checked & I misread the text. I [now] think they are naming Daboll"

Bill initially thought the info pointed to Brian Flores. He texted Brian Flores that he was happy that he was getting the job. Then he learned after looking into it some more that he had been wrong.

I'm sure that Bill will straighten all this out in a lengthy Q&A. (LOL)

Looks like Flores' remedy is some kind of oversight committee on coach hiring in the NFL. So, if implemented, some outside body is going to tell your team who they can and cannot hire? I don't see how that could go wrong.
Dungy will run the oversight committee

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
Back