PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Flores says he hasn't talked to Belichick since texts came out, return to NE was never in play prior to going to Pittsburgh

Flores says he hasn't talked to Belichick since texts came out​

return to NE was never in play prior to going to Pittsburgh​

Does either half of that really surprise anyone? "I haven't heard from Bill since I threw him under the bus..." is the least surprising news we'll get all year, unless you find "After I threw Bill under the bus, there was no chance of me working for the Patriots this year..." to be even less surprising.

I hope they're good. Belichick has to be partially understanding that it is his texts that substantiate Flores' case the most, and as a result, he had to use them to show what he was speaking about. I really doubt Flores holds much frustration towards Bill, and it'd be kinda lame for Bill to get salty at someone else for his own hilariously bad blunder of a text mess-up.
These two will never speak again.

Flores from the NPR interview:

"The text messages from Bill Belichick confirmed a lot of things that I believed were going on for Blacks and minorities in the hiring process. Interviews that Blacks and minorities were going on, where we weren't getting a true opportunity in those interviews to showcase our abilities. To walk into an interview where a decision's already been made, that was the tipping point for me. That confirmation was something that I felt like I had to say something.

I do think that there are back channel conversations and back channel meetings that are had that oftentimes influence decisions. I think [the Giants hiring process] is a clear example of that. Here's Bill Belichick, his resume speaks for itself. He has influence. It was clear that that decision was made with his influence. That's part of the problem. That needs to change. There needs to be a fair and equal opportunity to interview and showcase your abilities to lead and earn one of those positions."

Flores is contending Belichick was involved in "back channel conversations" (i.e. not just providing a routine reference) that influenced NYG's decision before he (Flores) had a fair and equal opportunity to present his case for the HC position and complete the interview process.

Flores is holding Belichick accountable for more than just a "texting blunder." Given that, and Belichick's inclination to hold a grunge (e.g. he hasn't spoken to Mangini in 15 years), this is not going to be a reconcilable situation.

That's not clear at all. The odd thing was mentioning Buffalo and I grant that was strange.

BB texted Flores at 2:20PM and congratulated him.
Flores texted right back and asked if he was sure it was Brian Flores or Brian Daboll.
2 hours and 21 minutes later BB texted back and said very clearly that he had double checked his infor and concluded that he had misinterpreted the texts that had led him to congratulate Flores. Sorry, they mean Daboll, when I though that they meant you.

People jumped to the conclusion that BB texted the wrong person because it fits into the old guy and technology stereotype, but I don't think the words in the text and timing agree with that interpretation. BB misinterpreted information and then texted who he intended to text. He then realized his mistake.
It's not odd at all that Belichick mentioned Buffalo because HE THOUGHT HE WAS TALKING TO BRIAN DABOLL. What's odd is your thinking Buffalo is telling Belichick that Brian Flores (unaffiliated with Buffalo) is getting hired by NYG.

Think about what you're suggesting... Belichick heard from Buffalo AND NYG that they (NYG) were hiring Brian. Just "Brian." Neither organization bothered with clarifying which Brian nor did Belichick think to ask which Brian but instead he assumed they were talking about Brian Flores. Seriously??

Then Belichick sends the congratulatory text to Brian Flores that Buffalo and NYG told him that he (Flores) was getting the job. Only after Flores asks Belichick "um like who do you think you're talking to?" does Belichick think to go back and reread the text(s) from apparently both organizations and discover they were both talking about the other Brian. Again, completely ridiculous.

The mistake Belichick made was texting the wrong Brian from his phone and he only realized it when Flores tipped him off. Belichick took 2.5 hours to reply to Flores because he was trying to come up with some bs excuse.

Only after Flores asks Belichick "um like who do you think you're talking to?" does Belichick think to go back and reread the text(s) from apparently both organizations and discover they were both talking about the other Brian. A
Belichick specifically mentioned that he misread "the text" meaning ONE TEXT, not from "both organizations" but from the Giants. "I double checked & I misread the text"

I realize that he mentioned the Bills initially, but in the final text from Bill he says he re-read "the text". "The" indicates one source.

Belichick specifically mentioned that he misread "the text" meaning ONE TEXT, not from "both organizations" but from the Giants. "I double checked & I misread the text"

I realize that he mentioned the Bills initially, but in the final text from Bill he says he re-read "the text". "The" indicates one source.
He was lying.

Right, he made that part up. Flores doesn't believe this crap either... "Bill did what a lot of us... he sent a text message to the wrong person..."

What you're saying doesn't hold up. At all. So Belichick misread a text from one organization, you assume the Giants, but Belichick didn't say that, he said "I misread the text." But even so, he had already said he "heard from Buffalo and the Giants" who was getting hired. That's two sources saying the same thing. Again, you have to believe Buffalo and the Giants told Belichick that "Brian" was getting hired. Neither clarified which Brian, nor did Belichick ask which Brian, he just assumed BOTH meant Flores. But only much later, after Flores called him out, does Belichick realize (or discover) that not one but both sources lead him to believe the wrong Brian had been hired. It's such a convoluted mess, it makes your head spin.

And too, why upon supposedly rereading a supposedly unclear text was Belichick suddenly convinced the text was now indicating Daboll?? All of the sudden Belichick is such a f***ing moron that he misreads a text that in his mind was corroborated by a second source?? And from this incredibly bizarre coincidence of misreading a text and misinterpreting a second source indicating exactly the same thing he delivers the greatest news of one man's life to the wrong person!!!

Little Billy - and therefore his whole fam damily - is one more wrong move away from being fired, for cause...

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back