PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

First Ever Mock Draft

Snooky97

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Hi All,

Here is my first ever mock draft ever!

I see us trading Jimmy G, just the way it has all blown out recently which has shocked me.

I see us getting the Browns 12th Pick, if the bears give us their first rounder then they are ridiculous. Anyhow we get the 12th pick, and instead of a 2nd rounder, id be happy to take a 3rd round and a second in next years draft.

12th - In a dream world Malik Hooker Falls here and we have a HOF Safety.

Ruben Foster ILB

Unlikely.. so instead i am going to select Ruben Foster. This Guy is a brute. Would be Scary to see him and Hightower together and see the wreckage they would create in the middle of the pitch.

If we cannot get Foster, i would look at the board and if no one is sticking out i trade down.

32nd Pick

Taco Charlton

Great name, has the potential to be even greater than that name. Guy is a jack of all trades along the Dline. Would like to see him cause havoc for opposing olines, the fact we don't get huge amount of pressure like other teams, would be good to see someone like him within our team. hence the pick. The fact he's versatile is another bonus.

64th Pick Tanoh Kpassagnon DE

Small school guy. That's about the only thing that is small about him. The guy is Smart, works hard by all accounts. Reason he falls to us here is the smaller school and the fact he made need to improve his lower body strength. Worth the Gamble here, due to the upside measures around about 6ft6.. could be a wrecking ball if we get him in and learn off long and co!

65th pick from Browns.

This was a hard pick, i was tempted to use the 64th and 65th and trade up, but couldn't justify the talent.

I have gone for my first Offenseive player of the draft here and that is the complexity of a TE who could be a WR... Evan Engram

Guy plays like a WR with his body control and catches. Think the upside rather than his faults here. Blocking can be improved. 3 TE set with him, gronk and Bennett? Are we running or are we passing?

If we can improve his blocking just so teams arent sure what to expect, we have cause another mismatch.

96th Pick

Was stuck between two places here but have a feeling my other guy will drop...

Jaleel Johnson DT- Could become Arron Donald.

This pick was one of the hardest as im not sure he could fall here. This guy is what we wanted from Easly, without the injures. 6ft 4 good size, gets off his blocks very well, good pass rushing DT. would be better if he could manage the run a tiny bit better, but i feel his value is here. Could become a 3 down DT.

Comp Pick - 103

Samaje Perine RB

My back for this draft. Really enjoy watching this guy, not sure how we would use him, i see him as a Blount replacement, hes not as tall, but my god his power and broken tackles scare me. Could be a lovely steal in the draft. He could cause real problems for teams, would also give us another option out of the backfield.

130th Pick From the Seahawks

This is the part of the draft that BB gets his diamonds in the rough, i am really unsure what we would go for here.

Damontae Kazee CB

Reason he falls, can give up the big play, i can see BB and Patrica liking this guy an awful lot. Very Physical, good hands. I'm not as concerned with his size as i am with other guys within the draft, due to the fact he likes the fact hes classed as the under dog with his size.

See him as a Logan Ryan, look forward to his combine.

136th Pick - Eddie Jackson S

Harmon Clone 2.0 Good in coverage, does his job. Lacks the power to be a Kam chancellor over the middle. but does what is required of him. Comes from Alabama so the coaching is like for like almost with knowing your opponents strengths and weakness

I am now going to Apologise. This is Probably one of the worst drafts on here. First time writing one and trying to find positions for the pats. This is coming from a fan in England where its very hard to find any coverage of college football but these guys all stick out to me.

Hope you all enjoyed it!

Bring on Sunday

Good job man.

It's not easy trying to figure player values and where to slot them.

Your picks do make a great deal of sense, while its guesswork for any of us to really know where anyone gets picked.

It would be hard not getting excited with this haul as A Pats fan

That was my biggest problem. Hardest pick for me was the 32nd.. didn't feel taco would be drafted as high as 12, i was thinking of peppers but as he and chung are so similar i couldn't see BB picking him, if chung was traded then i take peppers.. My favourite pick out of all of these is.. Perine, think the guy is immense.

Nice work on this.

Every pick in your nick works for us. Would love it if bb can get those two Alabama defenders.

Foster was the nastiest tackler in college football this year. He was a taller version of Roberts that bb took in the draft last year.

I think the loss of Jackson cost Alabama a national championship this year.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back