PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fire Goodell, Hire Stephie Stradley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danger Zone

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
/mic

Okay, on a more (slightly) serious note..

... and pretending for a moment this isn't a loaded question, are her credentials any less worthy than Goodell's are? Tagliabue's background was as a lawyer (if for the NFL) however Stephanie Stradley seems like she has everything you would want and expect from an NFL Commissioner. She certainly has the head for the complicated nuances of CBA/NFL bylaws.

Firing Goodell and hiring Stephanie Stradley would be a great way to 'turn over a new leaf' as it were and hiring a smart, fair-minded, independent-thinking woman from Texas might be a great PR move.

#StephStradleyforNFLCommissioner too unwieldy?

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/09/09/take-remove-roger-goodell-nfl-commissioner/29392/ said:
In the event that the Commissioner or any other officer of the League shall be convicted of a crime involving moral turpitude or be physically or mentally incapacitated to perform his duties or shall fail or refuse to abide by the Constitution and Bylaws of the League, and the Executive Committee finds that such action by such officer is detrimental to the best interests of the League, or in the event the Commissioner or any other officer of the League fails or is unwilling to perform his duties, then such Committee shall have the power after notice and hearing to suspend or remove said officer and to terminate any contract between such Commissioner or officer and the League.
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/static/html/careers/pdf/co_.pdf

As to firing Goodell, I think the 'moral turpitude', 'mentally incapacitated' and the 'actions by such officers is detrimental to the best interest of the League' clauses fit him nicely here. :D

Or maybe: #FireGoodellHireStephStradley ?

Didn't want to start another thread, found this gem referenced in a Sally Jenkins article.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...b69baa-50d8-11e5-9812-92d5948a40f8_story.html

During the contract negotiations, Goodell would turn all red faced and storm out.

“That’s what I remember: ‘I bet he’s going to turn red when he hears this,’ ” said a former NFL player who was involved in the discussions. A few times, the former player said, Goodell would storm out of the meeting room, leaving a few franchise owners — often Kraft, Richardson and Jones — to resume negotiations while Goodell cooled off.

What a psycho!

I wouldn't let this clown run a hotdog stand.

Kidding aside. If you read Stephanie's analysis, it made all this easy to understand for those of us who aren't lawyers. ESPN should hire her as their legal analyst. She'd have to demand editorial control, which I'm afraid the NFL would never give her.

Steph could find the Ray Rice video!

Was Steph's father a US Senator?

Look what i found on the WORLD WIDE WEB

credit goes to the original poster .......
411629595.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick