PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone still under the impression Jonathan is less of a Goodell rumpswab than Robert?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to be able to argue with friends who preferred baseball that for all of its red meat, football was the best sport at preserving a solid middle class of players and at keeping parity between teams. Always mentioning the salary cap.

But now that's gone when you have the league putting their finger on scales and behaving like pro wrestling.

I mean, Goodell kind of reminds me of Vince McMahon in the ay he carries himself.

Really?

Lingerie_Football_swiff.jpg

I think Jonathan would gladly stick the knife in Goodell.

I, for one, would genuinely be interested in your reasons. I suspect you are correct, for the following reasons:

1) Goodell appeared to purposely humiliate both the Krafts and the Patriot organization, evidently to satisfy other owners that hated the Pats (and their success);

2) I am convinced that all of the owners, including the Krafts, see their teams as primarily a source of money, I don't think you get to be a billionaire without having it all be "about the money". I would argue that the only existential threat to that money flow (the NFL team) is some type of future gigantic concussion lawsuit, federal investigation, legislation, etc. Goodell has completely mishandled the concussion thing, and moreover, he has made the NFL front office look like a conniving, untrustworthy, vindictive organization without due process (by his senseless pursuit of Deflategate) at exactly the wrong time (with the concussion problem looming). That would be enough for me to dump him as any owner, let alone the Krafts.

Those are my suspected reasons, I would be interested in yours if you want to divulge.

Guys, read the entire article; you are misinterpreting Kraft's comments. He's inferring that Goodell is a business-minded commissioner and the NFL now needs a legal-minded commissioner to bring about a "clearly defined" role in increasingly complicated legal issues regarding disciplinary matters.

He's saying that when Goodell first took over, the biggest issue in the NFL was business related; so they hired a business-minded commissioner to focus on new media deals, stadiums, making their product visible to fans, etc. And in that sense? Goodell has been a success (and by all accounts, this is genuinely true).

But, when Kraft points out that these legal issues are "extremely important" and getting more and more complicated; he's really not supporting Goodell. Rather, he says that the NFL needs a clearly defined role for the commish (i.e. they don't currently have one; which is a veiled criticism of Goodell) and because Goodell keeps handling legal issues - without such a clearly defined process - he keeps finding himself on the firing line (i.e. it's been a disaster; which, again, is a veiled criticism of Goodell). So how does the NFL fix this current problem?

Well, he then points to the NFL's past issues and how the Commissioner was hired specifically to handle it. So, when the NFL's biggest issue was marketing? They brought in Pete Rozelle because that was his specialty. When the league's biggest issue turned to anti-trust litigation? They brought in Paul Tagliabue. When the NFL wanted to focus on media? They brought in Goodell....

"So, I think each of the three of them in succession played an important role and a timely role for what the need was at the time.”

But this? It tells me that Goodell's very need, and his role, is a thing of the past....
I agree. He's on a slippery slope. He has to be carful on how he criticizes the other 31 and the Ass hat . I think if you read between the lines, there's a message. "at the time"... I don't expect him to make much of a fuss, but there's some dissatisfaction there. IMO

When you want to get even, or stage a Coup d'etat, you line up your resources. Bob Kraft accepted on the the six Chairmans Comittee jobs. That makes him one of the six votes to determine Shieskopf's reappointment. Do you want to guess how he will vote? Just sharpening the dagger, before plunging it in.

Guys, read the entire article; you are misinterpreting Kraft's comments. He's inferring that Goodell is a business-minded commissioner and the NFL now needs a legal-minded commissioner to bring about a "clearly defined" role in increasingly complicated legal issues regarding disciplinary matters.

He's saying that when Goodell first took over, the biggest issue in the NFL was business related; so they hired a business-minded commissioner to focus on new media deals, stadiums, making their product visible to fans, etc. And in that sense? Goodell has been a success (and by all accounts, this is genuinely true).

But, when Kraft points out that these legal issues are "extremely important" and getting more and more complicated; he's really not supporting Goodell. Rather, he says that the NFL needs a clearly defined role for the commish (i.e. they don't currently have one; which is a veiled criticism of Goodell) and because Goodell keeps handling legal issues - without such a clearly defined process - he keeps finding himself on the firing line (i.e. it's been a disaster; which, again, is a veiled criticism of Goodell). So how does the NFL fix this current problem?

Well, he then points to the NFL's past issues and how the Commissioner was hired specifically to handle it. So, when the NFL's biggest issue was marketing? They brought in Pete Rozelle because that was his specialty. When the league's biggest issue turned to anti-trust litigation? They brought in Paul Tagliabue. When the NFL wanted to focus on media? They brought in Goodell....

"So, I think each of the three of them in succession played an important role and a timely role for what the need was at the time.”

But this? It tells me that Goodell's very need, and his role, is a thing of the past....
Thanks for getting me to read the article. He is making a veiled attempt to criticize Goodell, designed in such a way that when the moron Goodell reads it he thinks "oh good, Kraft isn't breaking rank".

But really, he uses goes out of his way to use the same adjective (that's an adjective, right? I always forget what's what) - "world-class" to describe both prior commissioners, emphasizing their prior accomplishments BEFORE becoming Commissioners. Then, after a long pause, deliberately declines to describe Goodell with such terms.

What's the best he can muster as "praise"? Something about Goodell growing up in the league (read: unaccomplished). After re-reading that I respect what an intelligent burn that was. And to add further insult, it seems designed in such a way as to keep Goodell smiling, because he's the only person in the room too stupid to see it. The only moron that didn't realize he was attendeding his own roast.

Last edited:
You're not of the firm belief that Brady's 4 game suspension is all about handicapping the Patriots to please the other owners?

It really doesn't matter.....neither does the league aspect of being an owner.....

I've never see any Kraft as anything but conniving business people .... They have way too much money to give a **** about what we think regardless of what they say....its all pitch

I stopped giving the league money in 2006, so beyond a high octane entertainment, I don't give a ****

It's a lot easier to be the tough guy rather than the main guy when you're sonny rather than daddy. Jonathan Kraft's phony rebel act would die the second he assumed command.

I stand corrected. Jonathan doesn't appear any better than Quisling Bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back