PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Final Preseason Game Thread (9/3) - NE vs. NYG

Status
Not open for further replies.
White on the outs? Interesting.

I disagree somewhat re: Easily; I wouldn't play him tonight.

Michael Giardi‏@MikeGiardi
Source says your starting QB tonight for the Patriots...drum roll please...Ryan Lindley. What? You expected someone else? Tony Eason maybe?

Wow, what a letdown :(

Wonder if we'll see Brady tonight. Seems like he plays in the final game once every 3 years or so. Gotta think since we're in the Thursday night opener we won't see him.
He didn't look that good in the previous games, so he might want to see if he can get in sync. However, I don't know enough to know if practice is sufficient for that.

Michael Giardi‏@MikeGiardi
Source says your starting QB tonight for the Patriots...drum roll please...Ryan Lindley. What? You expected someone else? Tony Eason maybe?

Wow, what a letdown :(
Huh? Hopefully it's not all Lindley and no Jimmy. I'd give Jimmy the whole game. Even if something happens and we need another QB I doubt it'd be Lindley. Get a QB for the practice squad and stick with Brady and Jimmy.

He didn't look that good in the previous games, so he might want to see if he can get in sync. However, I don't know enough to know if practice is sufficient for that.

He'll be a-ok. Gronk, Edelman and Chandler will all be there Thursday. More game time like reps for Wayne is in order. He'll probably sleep the best he has in months. I'd be worried if I am Pittsburgh. Probably drop a 70 burger on them.

That's the exact reason why he probably shouldn't see the field at all tonight.
I think he needs the reps, and if he gets hurt, Bolden starts next week. Not the end of the world.

I just don't get why Jimmy G isn't starting tonight with the Berman ruling.

I heard on PFW in Progress that Lindley is not going to make the roster whatsoever, but will likely try and use this game to promote himself to other teams who might be interested in signing a backup QB.

I heard on PFW in Progress that Lindley is not going to make the roster whatsoever, but will likely try and use this game to promote himself to other teams who might be interested in signing a backup QB.
That helps Lindley, but it doesn't help the Pats. These games are valuable for a second year QB, I'd take advantage of it and start Garoppolo.

Ugh...I don't like it. Snaps during the season are very few and far between for a backup QB...especially behind Tom. IMO Jimmy G should play the whole game now because of the Berman ruling. But...in BB I trust.

Great day for the Pats and for Brady!!!!! Wondering how much we see Dobson out there tonight and if his position on the team is in jeopardy. He might be in a battle with Harper.
Also curious about the corner position, I would sit Butler and Brown tonight and play more of Swanson and Ryan, definitely want to see more Swanson and see how he plays.

People don't understand that without La fell the Pat's have no X receiver. These Split Ends are big and deep receivers. Harper is a diminutive guy more suitable to backup Edelmen and Amandola, for short passes. IOW they play two different positions.

Dobson is developing into what the Pat's wanted. His INT was an underthrown ball. It probably would not have been an INT if he didn't have to reach back to try an catch it. His long incompletion was underthrown as well. If on target it might have been a TD too. Even his 40 yard reception was underthrown and might have been a TD if thrown deep enough. How many other Pats WRs are deep threats that can get beyond the Defense? NOT Many or even any, IMHO. You need at least one I think. That is why BB signed LaFell last season.

Ugh...I don't like it. Snaps during the season are very few and far between for a backup QB...especially behind Tom. IMO Jimmy G should play the whole game now because of the Berman ruling. But...in BB I trust.

Right. I hope it won't be for the whole game. I'm sure Jimmy will come out at some point

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST