PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Final Preseason Game Thread (9/3) - NE vs. NYG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know losing Brady for the beginning of the season would have sucked, but Arizona had it so much worse. They had to start this JAG in a playoff game after such a promising year.

Can anyone tell me what happened with Wayne that was so great? My stream got messed up and I missed it.
He made a third down catch while running out of bounds where he stuck his hands up at the last moment so that the DB (who was watching Wayne) never knew the ball was coming.

This is not true. What games have you been watching the past year?

All of them? I haven't missed a Patriots game in about a decade.

I get that there's a subset of Pats fans who think that everyone is too good to get cut, but someone has to get cut. If it's not him, it will be someone else who's probably better than him, because the Pats have to save money against the cap somewhere, and you don't save it by cutting minimum salary guys.

If not Branch, who do you think is getting cut? Realize that the Pats are currently projected to go into the season over the cap, which they don't do. Someone who you don't necessarily expect to get cut is going to get cut/traded, end of story. Branch is maybe the 9th best DL on the team, so if he's untouchable at his salary then there's essentially no way for the Pats to get under the cap from where you're standing.

The one throw to Wayne was pretty nice.. the overthrow later at least proves he can wing it 25+ yards

That wasn't Lindley. Lindley asked Brady to swap jerseys so tom could make the 25 yard throw for him

Is Harper out there?

Probably a lot of these signs tonight

Berman may merely "just done his job" but in NE the effect has been quite significant. Brady's legacy has been under assault for months until Berman ordered the appeal transcript released, until Berman lambasted the NFL's "facts", and until Berman vacated the suspection.

After all the injustice...Berman finally delivered justice. Kudos to Kessler too of course.

When you're up against the cap, $800k in relief to cut your #4 DT is pretty compelling. Especially if you're thinking you have a surplus of edge rushers that you want to keep.

Veteran or not, I don't think Branch is significantly better than whatever will be available on the waiver wire in a month or two anyway. Would rather stick some other eligible DT on the practice squad and use the roster spot on a better player.

Just don't see it happening. We can keep a lot of these edge guys. Cut one when Fletcher comes off pup and get them to PS. There is a lot of versatility with LB and DL this year to add flexibility to roster cuts.

QB (2) T.Brady, J.Garoppolo
RB (5) L.Blount, J.Gray, D.Lewis, B.Bolden, J.White
WR (6) J.Edelman, M.Slater, B.LaFell, D.Amendola, A.Dobson, R.Wayne
TE (3) R.Gronkowski, M.Hoomanawanui, S.Chandler
C (1) B.Stork
G (4) T.Jackson, R.Wendell, J.Kline, S.Mason
T (4) M.Cannon, N.Solder, C.Fleming, S.Vollmer
DE (6) R.Ninkovich, R.Johnson, T.Flowers, J.Sheard, G.Grissom, C.Jones
DT (4) D.Easley, S.Siliga, M.Brown, A.Branch
ILB(1) D.Hightower
OLB(4) J.Mayo, J.Freeny, D.Fleming, J.Collins
CB (5) L.Ryan, B.Fletcher, T.Brown, R.McClain, M.Butler
SS (3) J.Richards, T.Wilson, P.Chung
FS (2) D.McCourty, D.Harmon
ST (3) S.Gostkowski, R.Allen, J.Cardona

Total players: 53

I know losing Brady for the beginning of the season would have sucked, but Arizona had it so much worse. They had to start this JAG in a playoff game after such a promising year.
Can you believe Arians said he could win a Super Bowl with this guy.

Dobson can't really show his skills if he has Curtis Painter throwing to him. Or whoever that guy is.

Can anyone tell me what happened with Wayne that was so great? My stream got messed up and I missed it.
"Great" idk. Got open, ran some good routes. Lindley hit him on one and failed on the others.

Hearing Ryan Lindley has been cut. Wonder who plays QB rest of the game.

I have not missed a Patriots game since 1995 vs Atlanta. Huge bonus points to anyone who remembers the score of that game without looking it up?

Just don't see it happening. We can keep a lot of these edge guys. Cut one when Fletcher comes off pup and get them to PS. There is a lot of versatility with LB and DL this year to add flexibility to roster cuts.

QB (2) T.Brady, J.Garoppolo
RB (5) L.Blount, J.Gray, D.Lewis, B.Bolden, J.White
WR (6) J.Edelman, M.Slater, B.LaFell, D.Amendola, A.Dobson, R.Wayne
TE (3) R.Gronkowski, M.Hoomanawanui, S.Chandler
C (1) B.Stork
G (4) T.Jackson, R.Wendell, J.Kline, S.Mason
T (4) M.Cannon, N.Solder, C.Fleming, S.Vollmer
DE (6) R.Ninkovich, R.Johnson, T.Flowers, J.Sheard, G.Grissom, C.Jones
DT (4) D.Easley, S.Siliga, M.Brown, A.Branch
ILB(1) D.Hightower
OLB(4) J.Mayo, J.Freeny, D.Fleming, J.Collins
CB (5) L.Ryan, B.Fletcher, T.Brown, R.McClain, M.Butler
SS (3) J.Richards, T.Wilson, P.Chung
FS (2) D.McCourty, D.Harmon
ST (3) S.Gostkowski, R.Allen, J.Cardona

Total players: 53

Pretty sure they can't go into week 1 with that roster, would put them over the cap. Someone on your roster has to go in favor of a cheaper alternative, and it has to be someone who makes enough to put them under the cap.

See Miguel's thread here: http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...d/threads/expect-a-big-move-cap-wise.1123001/

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back