few players on block

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remix 6

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Cardinals | L. Davis on the trade block
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 10:17:42 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Arizona Cardinals OT Leonard Davis is available at the trade deadline. Davis has fallen out of favor with head coach Dennis Green and the team is reportedly asking for "a pick or a player," according to an NFC general manager. The general manager added it appears the team would like to trade him "for pretty much anything, they seemed like they were just trying to unload him."

Rams | Hargrove on the trade block
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 10:08:34 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports St. Louis Rams DL Anthony Hargrove is available at the trade deadline.

Jets | Blaylock on the trade block
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 10:05:03 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports New York Jets RB Derrick Blaylock is available at the trade deadline.

Bills | Clements on the trade block
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 10:00:44 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Buffalo Bills CB Nate Clements is reportedly available at the trade deadline. Clements is eligible for free agency after the season and the team is expecting to lose the young cornerback. Whoever signs Clements would have to sign him to a blockbuster deal and there is interest from other teams in him. However, one team said they were not sure if they could get their numbers together in time.

Buccaneers | Phillips reportedly on the trade block
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 09:56:23 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers S Jermaine Phillips is reportedly available at the trade deadline. One team executive said he believes Phillips has been included in the group of players the Buccaneers are offering.

Buccaneers | Rice reportedly on the trade block
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 09:52:18 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers DL Simeon Rice is reportedly available at the trade deadline. One team executive said he believes Rice has been included in the group of players the Buccaneers are offering.

Buccaneers | Kelly reportedly on the trade block
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 09:49:33 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers CB Brian Kelly is reportedly available at the trade deadline. Seven different teams have said Kelly has been offered by the team.

kffl

clements even though hes underperforming since mid last year would be a great pickup as would Kelly. i went over to a buc forum and they are saying Kelley is probably dissapointed he hasnt gotten an extension. hes not a top CB but hes very good and consistent and their best cover man this season who isnt getting burned.

Last edited:
It'd be cool if they could get a cornerback.

Clement is the best one being offered but I think he is more interested in moeny than anything else.

zippo59 said:
It'd be cool if they could get a cornerback.

Clement is the best one being offered but I think he is more interested in moeny than anything else.

agree but the biggest thing we would need to do is get him to a contract because he'll be sought after. my feeling is he goes to Redskins after season if he doesn get traded because he knows Greg williams and they could use him a bit

Clements can't tackle worth a damn. I doubt he'd be of interest to BB who wants great tackling players in the secondary.

Bobs My Uncle said:
Clements can't tackle worth a damn. I doubt he'd be of interest to BB who wants great tackling players in the secondary.

and you say that why? stats indicate he has a ton of tackles for a CB. i know stats dont prove much all the time but i remember his first 2 seasons he was known for being physical and good tackler

Remix 6 said:
and you say that why? stats indicate he has a ton of tackles for a CB. i know stats dont prove much all the time but i remember his first 2 seasons he was known for being physical and good tackler

Yeah I remember he had a lot of forced fumbles a little while ago.

Clements would be great, Brian Kelly would be awesome too - he could be another veteran presence in our secondary

Kelly would be great. He's a very solid player but not a superstar which seems more like the Pats MO.

Remix 6 said:
I say so because I live in Bills country and see with my own eyes how lousy a tackler Clements is. Clements' play this season has been truly horrid. He once was a very good cover CB with excellent ball skills but with lousy tackling skills. Now he's not even an average cover CB. In fact, it's his teammate, Terrence McGee who now covers the other teams #1 receiver because Clements has been used and abused much of this season. Today even it's McGee on Roy Williams and not Clements. Trust me when I say Clements is very overrated and couldn't tackle his own shadow..

Bobs My Uncle said:
I say so because I live in Bills country and see with my own eyes how lousy a tackler Clements is. Clements' play this season has been truly horrid. He once was a very good cover CB with excellent ball skills but with lousy tackling skills. Now he's not even an average cover CB. In fact, it's his teammate, Terrence McGee who now covers the other teams #1 receiver because Clements has been used and abused much of this season. Today even it's McGee on Roy Williams and not Clements. Trust me when I say Clements is very overrated and couldn't tackle his own shadow..

is that why McGee is getting ripped apart?

Remix 6 said:
is that why McGee is getting ripped apart?
I'm not saying McGee's any good. I'm saying the staff believes he's better than Clements, which, considering how poorly McGee has been today against Williams, doesn't say much for Clements does it?

Bobs My Uncle said:
I'm not saying McGee's any good. I'm saying the staff believes he's better than Clements, which, considering how poorly McGee has been today against Williams, doesn't say much for Clements does it?

unfair assesment.

its matchups. why was hobbs with evans all day long but then couldnt stop wes welker?

you cant say because a player is lined up on a team's best WR that hes their best CB

1 reason u scout the games and then determine: he might be better off covering X this week because of (reason, athletic ability, speed, etc) not to mention Clements isnt 100%

Last edited:
Remix 6 said:
unfair assesment.

its matchups. why was hobbs with evans all day long but then couldnt stop wes welker?

you cant say because a player is lined up on a team's best WR that hes their best CB

1 reason u scout the games and then determine: he might be better off covering X this week because of (reason, athletic ability, speed, etc)
McGee has been playing opposite the other teams best WR for several weeks now. So a definite trend has been started. And rightly so because Clements has been horrid this year.

At any rate, Clements can't tackle worth a damn so he'll be of little value to BB.

Bobs My Uncle said:
McGee has been playing opposite the other teams best WR for several weeks now. So a definite trend has been started. And rightly so because Clements has been horrid this year.

At any rate, Clements can't tackle worth a damn so he'll be of little value to BB.

so how has he had over 60 tackles each year since coming in league?

Seems that times are changing in the NFL. Can anyone remember trades during the season like are possible this year? In the end my bet is there still won't be that many but there is a hell of alot more talk of it this year.

Remix 6 said:
so how has he had over 60 tackles each year since coming in league?
Look if you don't believe me that Clements is a liability as a tackler go check out a Bills message board ask them. They'll tell you just as I have. While you are there ask them what they think of him as a corner too.

PatsRI said:
Seems that times are changing in the NFL. Can anyone remember trades during the season like are possible this year? In the end my bet is there still won't be that many but there is a hell of alot more talk of it this year.
A big part of the reason is the new CBA. In the past if you traded a player their entire unamortized bonus went on your cap immediately. So teams trading a player whose contract extended beyond the current year would could actually lose cap space in a trade. That has changed, now it goes on next year's cap just like it would if the player is released.

Last edited:
If we can get Kelly for a mid round pick, I say why not. It would be nice to shore up the DB depth considering we got a few nicked guys at that position. I'm ruling out Clements because it sounds like he wants the big $$ and the Pats won't give that out just to shore up their DB depth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft