PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger: Matt Walsh fired because he talked too much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
According to Felger on his show, he heard the reason why the Pats fired Matt Walsh was ironically because he spoke too much and would give away scouting information. No wonder why he is so itching to talk and the Pats made him sign a non-disclosure. If this is the case, would the Pats entrust this guy to film the Rams' walkthrough knowing he wouldn't keep his mouth shut?

The more I hear, the more I think Walsh is desperately looking for his 15 minutes of fame and probably some cash too.

According to Felger on his show, he heard the reason why the Pats fired Matt Walsh was ironically because he spoke too much and would give away scouting information. No wonder why he is so itching to talk and the Pats made him sign a non-disclosure. If this is the case, would the Pats entrust this guy to film the Rams' walkthrough knowing he wouldn't keep his mouth shut?
LOL. "Hey, Matt, we know you talk to much. But go ahead and secretly record the Rams' walkthrough. And don't blab about this, ok ?".

And funny...from what I heard..he was in the Scouting Dept not video...

He sounds like a real piece of work. This also fits to what was posted from fannation in another thread about Walsh always babbling about he'd be famous one day. Guy thought he was some kind of bigshot and was always running his mouth.

He sounds like a real piece of work. This also fits to what was posted from fannation in another thread about Walsh always babbling about he'd be famous one day. Guy thought he was some kind of bigshot and was always running his mouth.

link
?

just trying to distract themselves from their pathetic team.

you're right! that's why I HATE with passion their obsessiveness over the PATS, and it all boils down to pure simple jealousy. They will never get to the super bowl nor win one, and I hope they fail next year as well...

but getting back to Walsh...he will be back-pedaling once Goodell gets him to talk, in front of Kraft and Belichick...talk about pressure :rocker:

Matt Walsh wants to have his vengence after being fired. What an ahole.!

what a sore loser.! He has 4 years to come clean but he didn't. He is looking for cash because his current job paycheck is not good enough.

Last edited:

The more I hear, the more I think Walsh is desperately looking for his 15 minutes of fame and probably some cash too.

Andy Warhol was right...

i think it is very telling and funny how one day this guy is part of a professional football operation and now he is a golf "pro" in Hawaii. the guy is a shmuck

This is pure speculation. He hasn't talked in 4 years, so obviously, he knows how to keep his mouth shut. There are so many ways this could play out, who knows at this point what the truth is? Maybe he didn't like the tactics being used by the Pats, and he was becoming a "loose cannon". Kraft sets him up with a nice exit severence package, and the guy is living the life in Hawaii. Pretty smart of him to bide his time, I'd say. It sounds like he DOES have something to say, and it doesn't sound good. Funny, this thing just "goes away" after 4 days, people ask why, and the majority of the folk think nothing of it. I have a feeling, something is about to come back and bite.

If it came out the day after the AFCCG and died in four days I would be more inclined to think it was coming back. This story was too well timed. Broke on Friday only had legs to last four days. I think Spector knew that all along the story only had legs to last four days so he timed it for when it would only need two.

I would believe Mike Holley over anything Felger says

Whoever posted that on fannation said they knew Matt through mutual friends and he was fired under circumstances that could have led to some sort of charges, but the Pat's preferred to just cut ties and let him go. He admits he was bored as a regional scout and was doing things like trading tickets (and who knows what else) for golf rounds. Sounds like the classic jerk who thinks he's better than he is, wants to be somebody, but doesn't want to bust his ass to advance. I really think he probably blabbed to someone in Hawaii about all he "knew and could tell" as a former Patriots employee when the spygate story first broke after the JETS game to make people realize he was a somebody. And one of them likely dropped a dime to ESPN about him.

The poster also alluded to an incident in Springfield that Matt might not want to see revisited. He claimed to have played collegiate golf at Springfield, which is how he got jobs as a golf asst. pro. But ESPN found the school had no record of his playing there.

He's definitely a piece of work. There may well be some tales he could tell, but it's doubtful he has any hard evidence to back anything up. And absent that I doubt the league will allow this to proceed because it would only lead to opening that kind of pandora's box for every team in the league. They all have things they would rather not be aired in public.

Whoever posted that on fannation said they knew Matt through mutual friends and he was fired under circumstances that could have led to some sort of charges, but the Pat's preferred to just cut ties and let him go. He admits he was bored as a regional scout and was doing things like trading tickets (and who knows what else) for golf rounds. Sounds like the classic jerk who thinks he's better than he is, wants to be somebody, but doesn't want to bust his ass to advance. I really think he probably blabbed to someone in Hawaii about all he "knew and could tell" as a former Patriots employee when the spygate story first broke after the JETS game to make people realize he was a somebody. And one of them likely dropped a dime to ESPN about him.

The poster also alluded to an incident in Springfield that Matt might not want to see revisited. He claimed to have played collegiate golf at Springfield, which is how he got jobs as a golf asst. pro. But ESPN found the school had no record of his playing there.

He's definitely a piece of work. There may well be some tales he could tell, but it's doubtful he has any hard evidence to back anything up. And absent that I doubt the league will allow this to proceed because it would only lead to opening that kind of pandora's box for every team in the league. They all have things they would rather not be aired in public.

Thanks, Mo. I went back and tried to find the direct link but I got sidetracked. Your post is even more in depth, though.

If he wasn't openly blabbing about stuff in the last four or so years it's probably because he had no potential financial incentive to do so. When this spy crap broke, he saw an opening.

Walsh will get his very soon.

Look how obsessive and sorry the Chargers' forums are, devoting 23 THREADS all to the Patriots! How classless is this?

http://forum.signonsandiego.com/upload/forumdisplay.php?f=9

mrperrino was one of those Patriot threads about the Vegas oddsmakers having the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS the favorite to win the Super Bowl ...errrrr next season??? :eat2:
Once the hurt wears off around here fans will realize we've still got it going on!! :rocker:

Look how obsessive and sorry the Chargers' forums are, devoting 23 THREADS all to the Patriots! How classless is this?

Not unlike around here when the Colts lost and 50% of the threads were about manning choking, the colts sucking etc.

At the same time, on the giants, packers and steelers boards nobody was talking about the colts choking - they were talking about their own teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes