PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger is literally the least intelligent reporter covering the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is "smarmy"(dont know if I got the spelling), good word. I dont like him but one thing he is--intelligent. He gets that he is in the entertainment business and if you are smart and hard working you can take any side of an arguement and try to win it. The skill is creating the arguement to begin with. I dont like seeing him in that stupid sports coat on those TV spots, but I listened to him a couple mornings on WEEI and he ran circles around the guy he was on with. He often carries the wrong message, but I dont think he cares at all about the result other than ratings....and $$. If he were an athlete he would be Chad Ocho Cinco, but that doesnt take away from what kind of job he does. Remember Howard Stern? He made a living saying things most people wouldnt.....

This is correct, although I think it's a choice you make as to how you view yourself. Felger clearly thinks the $$$ is in entertainment. And that is what he craves. Respect means squat to him. He'll gladly call himself a douche bag if it gets him an extra gig...I just read his first mailbag over at WEEI.com. Nothing informative because that would require access and access demands discretion. But entertaining as all get out if that's what floats your boat. Just please, people, quit confusing entertainment with objectivity. The people who stroke Mike for being objective are card carrying members of the fellowship of the miserable who seek validation for their POV in Felger's flippant designed to sell Mike contrarianism...LOL

I see he's back on his they went cheap bent... Seems to have forgotten we signed that FA WR and a #10 draft pick... He says guys who are let go aren't let go over $$$ like in the old days - they all suck. What he fails to acknowledge is the same situation exists surrounding so called marquee FA. Teams have money to retain the best of them and smart teams won't overpay to retain the media over hyped ones. The big one of those this season was a guy we didn't believe is worth $9M. Remains to be seen who made the right call there...

I think he's possibly borderline ADHD and been off his meds since 2004. Plus desperate to be the provider he thinks an unemployed anchor babe deserves.

And editing to add he doesn't run circles around smart, articulate players or coaches. Even DeOssie owns him regularly for as you put it carrying the wrong message entirely. That's his achilles heel. Pair him up against morons or milque toast personalities however and he shines.

Last edited:
DeOssie owns Felgie regularly and Jeff thinks Mikey is 'intelligent'? The bar must have been loweered somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft