PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Explosive New Hernandez Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you kidding me? These are people's lives and livelihood's we are talking about here and the friggin media can't get their story straight! Screw them...this is a joke. I am not believing a single thing they write anymore. At this point I may just believe AH is free and clear again.

Its hard to blame the media for throwing reports out there prematurely when you look at this board and people are proclaiming what happened, what will happen, what his punishment will be, and basing conclusions on these reports.
If there weren't people dying to hear the reports, the media wouldn''t be so urgent to get them out there.

If Hernandez is brought in and tells them everything he knows and states that he broke the security system and phone because after witnessing his friends murder, he was in shock and afraid it would look like he did it, and then cooperates completely, is he still a bad person?

I would say yes and I would neither hire him nor support him as an NFL player. What did you think when Ray Lewis did the same thing you are writing here? Are you ok with how that was handled?

He will be arrested before midnight...to many sources are saying there is a warrant, only one is reporting there isn't...

he is definitely guilty of something, we just don't know what yet...

where there is smoke there is fire...just because some magistrate doesn't know about a warrant doesn't mean there isn't one now, or at least in the works.

The irony of this point is precious.

You mean like the Patriots dumped Nick Kaczur made a deal to help take down the guy who was dealing him illegal painkillers???

This is a murder investigation. It is not an analogous situation.

I know Hernadez has hired top attorneys at one of the highest priced firms in the city. As good as those guys are, right now I don't see how he avoids jail time if really did destroy the security system at his home and destroyed his cell phone when a murder investigation was going on. If I were a prosecutor on this case I would be incensed about those actions. It wouldn't surprise me if the Patriots have already told AH they are going to cut ties with him and are waiting for some of this to flesh its way out to make it official. If they believe the story about the security system and phone I can not see how they could consider keeping him around. Why else would AH show up at the stadium yesterday?

Even if he beats the charges (and for justice sake I hope he does not if he is guilty), there is no way this ends well for this him. If only one quarter of what has been reported is true (and I don't know what is true nor am I claiming any of it is true) The stories out there aaginst AH include: Gunshots heard nearby to his home when a murder occured and he is one of the last persons seen with the victim; the Florida case where someone was shot in the face and claims it was by him; the Providence case regarding a gun supposedly connected to him; the destryed cell phone during a murder investigation; the destroyed security system during a murder investigation; the cleaners coming to his house before a warrant was issued during a murder investigation.

I undertand that these guys are more likely to get set up because of who they are and the money they make. Also, the Duke case is a reminder that there are bad claims (although to my knowledge non of the Duke guys were destruying cell phones and security systems). But given the amount of seperate stories about this guy, in my opinion it is hard to think of this him as anything better than a hoodlum who can run fast and catch a ball. He is not someone I am willing to shell out money for to watch play.

We will have to disagree here. I have never witnessed a murder, but if i did at 23 years old, I would not expect that I would react rationally, and if I did not would not consider myself a bad person.
You don't really know what he destroyed. It could have been an attempt to hide that he was there, which is not really evidence in a crime. We just don't know.

Regarding moving the target, I do not understand how you can say you wouldn't expect him to go to the police, but think that covering up is horrendous.
If your argument is that he owes it to the victims family to not destroy evidence (which Im not necessarily disageeing with) is has to be just as wrong to not report the crime.
The only reason to draw a distinction is that reporting it could make him a suspect, and it is a reasonable possiblility that this was exactly why he destroyed whatever he did.

If Hernandez is brought in and tells them everything he knows and states that he broke the security system and phone because after witnessing his friends murder, he was in shock and afraid it would look like he did it, and then cooperates completely, is he still a bad person?

People are trying to judge him without knowing the facts.
There will be plenty of time to judge him when we know them

Yes. He is still a bad person. As for the distinction between not voluntarily going to the police and destroying physical evidence, a person who may be worried about being a suspect in a crime can do nothing if he chooses. It's a constitutional right. But for the other, I don't know how to say it more plainly.

Destroying physical evidence of a murder is very bad. The end.

I hope he didn't do it. I hope he didn't do worse. But if he did, he can go F himself.

Its hard to blame the media for throwing reports out there prematurely when you look at this board and people are proclaiming what happened, what will happen, what his punishment will be, and basing conclusions on these reports.
If there weren't people dying to hear the reports, the media wouldn''t be so urgent to get them out there.

You are right. I am done with this crap. I was holding out on judgement until the arrest warrant reports were out this morning and then I was pretty convinced. But this is ridiculous. The frequency with which these reports are wrong is just plain staggering. How can we believe any of it? At this point I think there are two facts: there is a dead man, and AH's home was searched in connection. Beyond that I am not believing any of these so called "sources" and their information about broken security cameras, phones in pieces or who was partying with whom. Its all bull until I see it in an official police report.

I would say yes and I would neither hire him nor support him as an NFL player. What did you think when Ray Lewis did the same thing you are writing here? Are you ok with how that was handled?

Then we will disagree. In my world if you dismiss people for making mistakes you are sitting alone.
If in fact he was simply a witness, panicked, then cooperates, there is no basis to deny him employment. At least in America.

You are right. I am done with this crap. I was holding out on judgement until the arrest warrant reports were out this morning and then I was pretty convinced. But this is ridiculous. The frequency with which these reports are wrong is just plain staggering. How can we believe any of it? At this point I think there are two facts: there is a dead man, and AH's home was searched in connection. Beyond that I am not believing any of these so called "sources" and their information about broken security cameras, phones in pieces or who was partying with whom. Its all bull until I see it in an official police report.

Not to mention, even knowing the facts, we could sit here and create circumstances that could both exonerate or convict him.
You need to know the whole story.
Everyone seems to be overlooking the fact that an innocent person at the scene could fear being falsely accused.

if there was an arrest warrant for him @ 5:45 am he would definitely be in handcuffs by now, it's not like they don't know where he is and it's not one of those things cops just get around to when they feel like it.

Then we will disagree. In my world if you dismiss people for making mistakes you are sitting alone.
If in fact he was simply a witness, panicked, then cooperates, there is no basis to deny him employment. At least in America.

You did not answer on how you felt about Ray Lewis? It sounds like you are ok with it. Is that correct?

This is a classic example of why you need to calm down. The media have NO clue and the stories are all over the map.

Still think it's gonna happen.

Yes. He is still a bad person. As for the distinction between not voluntarily going to the police and destroying physical evidence, a person who may be worried about being a suspect in a crime can do nothing if he chooses. It's a constitutional right. But for the other, I don't know how to say it more plainly.

Destroying physical evidence of a murder is very bad. The end.

I hope he didn't do it. I hope he didn't do worse. But if he did, he can go F himself.

But you do not know that he destroyed physical evidence of a murder, that is exactly the point. He could have simply been destroying evidence that he was with the person who committed the murder. First, we don't have any idea what happened. second, we don't have any idea what was destroyed, and third, we may be incapable of putting ourselves inside the mind of a 23 year old man who may have just watched one of his friends kill another, and fear being implicated. Fourth, Hernandez may have committed the murder himself. We simply do not know.

This is a murder investigation. It is not an analogous situation.

I know Hernadez has hired top attorneys at one of the highest priced firms in the city. As good as those guys are, right now I don't see how he avoids jail time if really did destroy the security system at his home and destroyed his cell phone when a murder investigation was going on. If I were a prosecutor on this case I would be incensed about those actions. It wouldn't surprise me if the Patriots have already told AH they are going to cut ties with him and are waiting for some of this to flesh its way out to make it official. If they believe the story about the security system and phone I can not see how they could consider keeping him around. Why else would AH show up at the stadium yesterday?

Even if he beats the charges (and for justice sake I hope he does not if he is guilty), there is no way this ends well for this him. If only one quarter of what has been reported is true (and I don't know what is true nor am I claiming any of it is true) The stories out there aaginst AH include: Gunshots heard nearby to his home when a murder occured and he is one of the last persons seen with the victim; the Florida case where someone was shot in the face and claims it was by him; the Providence case regarding a gun supposedly connected to him; the destryed cell phone during a murder investigation; the destroyed security system during a murder investigation; the cleaners coming to his house before a warrant was issued during a murder investigation.

I undertand that these guys are more likely to get set up because of who they are and the money they make. Also, the Duke case is a reminder that there are bad claims (although to my knowledge non of the Duke guys were destruying cell phones and security systems). But given the amount of seperate stories about this guy, in my opinion it is hard to think of this him as anything better than a hoodlum who can run fast and catch a ball. He is not someone I am willing to shell out money for to watch play.

Uh the Florida case the so called victim refused to cooperate with police and the criminal case is closed. The Providence matter was some drunk jets fan harassing him and then some random person not with Hernandez dropped their gun and ran off.

If you are are gonna continue to post about that stuff at least know what you are talking about

Sick of all the talking heads...i assume he was involved somehow...and/or knows something...but i am sick of hearing crap like "Warrant issued, oh wait no warrant issued" from so -called sources.

You did not answer on how you felt about Ray Lewis? It sounds like you are ok with it. Is that correct?

My problem with Lewis is that we never really found out if he participated in the murder. If we assume the government did their job, and determined he was not, then charging him with obstruction, and pleading it, is something I have no problem with. He did obstruct the investigation. He was punished for his crime.

So a magistrate clerk doesn't know about a warrant, yet news reporters do?

You do realize news reporters at one point had pinned the Boston bombings on a high school kid, right?

I do realize that but there are also tons of different judges each with different clerks, staff, etc...In a high profile case,m they may have gotten an arrest warrant from a different judge, in a different office...there are just too many reports indicating his arrest is imminent. Touche on the marathos bombing suspect error and you could be right, I just think there is some truth to the arrest coming soon.

jb1095 your posting style is eerily similar to that of Yehoodi.

I am not sure who that is but I assure you, I am not him/her

The irony of this point is precious.

I don't know what you mean here, but my common sense radar is going off big time. destruction of his own camera equipment is very suspicious and his cell phone being "in pieces", (i.e destroyed) doesn't look good either...

the reports of gun shots at his residence, the vehicle(s?) being rented in his name, video of him with the victim at or around 2AM(just before his death), and his strange trip to Gillette yesterday all make him look very guilty of something...

for all we know he could just be guilty of bad judgement(choice of friends), but if he is involved with a murder, or even covering up a murder, that is just plain wrong and I will not be rooting for him...

If he ends up being innocent of all this stuff being leaked, than I hoipe the record gets set straight...but again, all these other reports of past incidents, run ins with police, gangs, etc...make him look bad...very bad...

reports are even surfacing of how he has turned into a bad team mate after his ext...not looking good.

Its all a conspiracy to get Moss the number 81 back when he re signs

My problem with Lewis is that we never really found out if he participated in the murder. If we assume the government did their job, and determined he was not, then charging him with obstruction, and pleading it, is something I have no problem with. He did obstruct the investigation. He was punished for his crime.

Then I guess this highlights the difference between us. I am not ok with it. If I did these I would lose my job as would many other people.

There are some jobs, not high profile or sensitive where it may not be as big of an issue. I think this is an issue for the NFL which is a sport and entertainment. I do think people are entitled to work after they have served their time but they are not entitled to a specific job. Ray Lewis should have been kicked out of the game period.

We will have to disagree here. I have never witnessed a murder, but if i did at 23 years old, I would not expect that I would react rationally, and if I did not would not consider myself a bad person.
You don't really know what he destroyed. It could have been an attempt to hide that he was there, which is not really evidence in a crime. We just don't know.

Regarding moving the target, I do not understand how you can say you wouldn't expect him to go to the police, but think that covering up is horrendous.
If your argument is that he owes it to the victims family to not destroy evidence (which Im not necessarily disageeing with) is has to be just as wrong to not report the crime.
The only reason to draw a distinction is that reporting it could make him a suspect, and it is a reasonable possiblility that this was exactly why he destroyed whatever he did.

People are trying to judge him without knowing the facts.
There will be plenty of time to judge him when we know them

You are correct that we do not know what he destroyed and if you are waiting to find out what he did and didn't do that is not unreasonable. But if he did do what he has been reported than I don't see how you can rationalize the destroying of the phone and securiy system as non-criminal acts because he simply doesn't want anyone to know he was there. I also think you are ignoring what is amounting to a very large volume of incidents that seem to show a pattern that this is a bad guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes