PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Expert" Consensus appears to be on DT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope it not somebody were we all post a collective "who dat?" and then have to go googling his name. I think Michael Holly is the only one who I can remembered correctly called a Pats first round pick. He said all along that they had their eye on Mayo.

Don't ask me, I haven't had a single correct pick in the Pats Draft game in 8 years!

BB should just give up on drafting defensive backs, because he is terrible at it!

I called the Hightower pick 2 years ago

I called Merriweather, Butler, Mccourty, Wilfork, Chad Jackson.
I was driving the Jackson bandwagon and have multiple autographed items from college and his time with the Pats and a authentic Jackson jersey.
It taught me not to have big expectations for any rookie receiver not named Branch.

It depends on the QB's. If 3 or 4 are taken in the 1st round, then a player will fall to us that is not expected. If only 1 or none are taken that will make #29 a trade target for this who need one.
It seems like the top 4 quarterbacks will be drafted in the 1st round. The question is whether this scenario will include a trade to 29 and or 31 as the ESPN mock suggests.

I was driving the Jackson bandwagon and have multiple autographed items from college and his time with the Pats and a authentic Jackson jersey.
It taught me not to have big expectations for any rookie receiver not named Branch.

You called these guys before the draft? because I don't think anyone in the world thought that Wilfork was sliding that far.

You called these guys before the draft? because I don't think anyone in the world thought that Wilfork was sliding that far.
Many of us were hoping that we would trade up for Wilfork.

I think a lot of people have several picks in mind for the Patriots, and when one of the 15 players they were suspecting to go to the Pats is selected, they feel like they saw it coming.

It depends on the QB's. If 3 or 4 are taken in the 1st round, then a player will fall to us that is not expected. If only 1 or none are taken that will make #29 a trade target for this who need one.
My guess is 3 QB will be taken in the first round. The last few picks will be sought after due to the rookie contract implications. Unless there is one guy we absolutely have to take, I wouldn't mind trading down.

So I guess that means we won't be drafting a DT with the 1st round pick. ;)

I hope not, especially any from Notre Dame.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, where did you call these guys, all of whom were signed/drafted by the Patriots before your join date? I don't mean to be facetious but it's easy for us all to make claims as such after the fact.

FTR, I really wanted Keenan Allen last year.

Many of us were hoping that we would trade up for Wilfork.

That was a no brainer, the Pats were in need of a nose tackle, everyone thought that Wilfork would be a top ten pick. I remember on draft day when he fell to #21, I was screaming WILFORK, I think its the only pick I have actually called correctly before it was announced, granted my call came only after the commish said the "patriots are now on the clock".

I hope it's a QB party in the 1st round, 4 QB's going before #29 and we will have a variety of talents to chose.

Sorry, no one picked Wilfork before the draft because no one in their right mind believed he would be anywhere near where they picked. It wasn't until the Vikings actually picked Udeze that I believed the Patriots would get Wilfork.

I hope it's a QB party in the 1st round, 4 QB's going before #29 and we will have a variety of talents to chose.

That could actually break a couple of ways for them, as you say it could be a QB party early with 4-5 of them going off the board in the first and 3-4 early first, or they could start falling and teams could address other needs with a flurry of activity with teams trading up late first to grab the QB they passed on early and willing trade partners for the Patriots with teams who want back into the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back