PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eugene Wilson, Eric Alexander and Mel Mitchel still not at practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
not Alexander. we need linebackers lol. How many do we have? eight?

Wilson and Mitchel: while we have plenty of db's, we also have plenty of wr's. it's a tough call.

Hey, look - an actual FOOTBALL post! No incessant whining about media, Dungy, Peyton or Adam V. gloating! What do you know?! Thanks for posting.

I can see one of Wilson or Mitchell headed to IR. Hope Eddie Jackson is ready to play some good S/T's and maybe even provide secondary depth.

Does anybody really see Eddie Jackson taking any snaps in the Pats sub package defense unles the game is a blow out?????

Hey, look - an actual FOOTBALL post! No incessant whining about media, Dungy, Peyton or Adam V. gloating! What do you know?! Thanks for posting.

I can see one of Wilson or Mitchell headed to IR. Hope Eddie Jackson is ready to play some good S/T's and maybe even provide secondary depth.

I personally am at a loss how to respond to an actual football discussion.

Wilson is in a contract year. Things are not going well so far for my namesake. Although Geno is a starter, Sanders seems to be playing well, not that I've analyzed his play in particular. JAG Baker has also shown that he's not a liability on D. Whoops! I forgot our stealth #1 pick. Upon further consideration, unless Merriweather is somehow not at all ready, maybe Geno goes to IR, thereby ending his Patriots career.

Last edited:
Considering we are practicing on a Monday which is usually a film day on a non-post bye week, I wouldn't read too much into any of their absences yet. I don't know what the practice schedule is this week, but if they are practicing every day this week they might hold out players returning to practice from injuries until later in the week.

I do not consider Sander's spot in the starting line up all that secure. He has not made many, if any, big plays this year and we know from experience that Wilson can make an occasional big play, when he is not on the trainer's table.

I do not consider Sander's spot in the starting line up all that secure. He has not made many, if any, big plays this year and we know from experience that Wilson can make an occasional big play, when he is not on the trainer's table.

....or when the competition isn't making a big play on him.

Too bad about Alexander.

This has been a lost season for him.

He and Woods are it for young linebackers, and they are not doing much other than some special teams. With Alexander drawing the (injury necessitated) start in the AFC Championship Game last year, there was plenty of hope the coaches saw something, and he would have something of a breakout year.

Not the case.

With Rogers, Mays, and any other Round Seven or undrafted linebackers gone, the cupboards are pretty bare.

I sure hope this is the year...

Wilson?

He's losing money. It sure looks like the team will move on without him. Not that Meriweather has done anything in Wilson's absence.

This is three years in a row Wilson has been injured.

The Pats will almost certainly bring in several DB's this offseason. I wouldn't be surprised to see New England draft the Miami safety Phillips with the SF pick. I don't see Wilson back here next year.

Did you hear what Dungy said about Bill's grandmother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News