PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPNews: NFL Owners APPROVE new 6-year CBA! Update: Vote 30-2 (Buffalo and Cinci)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MoLewisrocks said:
Well they usually say the devil is in the details so it will be interesting to see what swayed 30 to vote yes with just Brown and Wilson voting against. Hopefully that is an indication that while the union fleeced the owners perhaps the league didn[t fleece our Mr. Kraft.

I do hope they haven't opened pandora's box where the NFLPA is concerned going forward though because if this deal ONLY runs through 2012 it will be time to "reopen" the negotiations in just 4 years. :eek:

Naw since they did this with two years to goafter spending a couple years doing it, I'd guess they'll start negotiations on hte next cap after the new one BEFORE the current one expires in 2008. After all there is only 718 days to go on this one...

SaCaCh said:
I am wondering if in the deal they required ALL teams to sell naming rights to the stadiums...hmm.

That would have made Cleveland and Green Bay vote no too!

Did anyone see Ralph Wilson on ESPN News? He says he voted no because he doesn't understand the deal. He came off like a senile old man.

dhamz said:
Did anyone see Ralph Wilson on ESPN News? He says he voted no because he doesn't understand the deal. He came off like a senile old man.

Thought the exact same thing.

dhamz said:

Buffalo and Cincinnati were the only 2 teams to reject the deal. :confused:

PatsChamps363839 said:
Buffalo and Cincinnati were the only 2 teams to reject the deal. :confused:

Yep, The two low revenue teams. Oh boo hoo. If they could actually put a good team out on the field, they'd be fine.

Bill's Girl said:
I will be the first to ask......If my math is right this puts the Pats 14 million under the cap before they cut anyone else. Does this mean they bump up the offer to Adam?

Nope. I don't think it does. The Pats aren't going to change their modus operendi.

I say we load up on offense, and make a run for another bowl.

Bill's Girl said:
I will be the first to ask......If my math is right this puts the Pats 14 million under the cap before they cut anyone else. Does this mean they bump up the offer to Adam?
Maybe, but it also means Adam's value goes up, and so does the value of every other free agent.

Think about it this way. You are at an auction (a real one, not the eBay kind). There is a fixed amount of merchandise to be auctioned off. There is a given number of bidders in the room. Just before the auction starts, a wealthy philanthropist comes in and hands $100,000 in small bills to each of the bidders. What is the effect of this on the auction?

Answer: everything still gets sold, but at much higher prices because their is more money to be spent. Every item is suddenly worth more.

Footnote: this corresponds to the "monetarist" theory of economics, wherein inflation is tied directly to the "money supply", the amount of money in circulation. If I recall correctly the formula is MV = PG, where M is the money supply, V is the velocity (a measure of how quickly money changes hands, usually considered a constant), P is the price level, and G is the GNP (also considered a considered a constant in the short term). Therefore P = MV/G so price is proportional to the money supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back