PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN/Scouts Inc. Take II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if you want to compare the top two RBs on each team let's do it.

Tomlinson/Turner: 2317 yds rushing - 5.4 yds/rush
556 yds recieving
2873 Total Yards

Dillon/Maoney: 1557 yds rushing - 4.1 yds/rush
306 yds recieving
1863 Total Yards

It's not even close. There's over 1000 yards difference and 1.3 yards/rush higher for the Chargers between the top two backs on each team. Most people don't realize Michael Turner averages 6.3 yards a rush. Then add a Pro-Bowl fullback to that mix for the Chargers. These numbers are also a testament to how good the Chargers OL and FB is at run-blocking. The top three backs on the Chargers are averaging 5.2, 6.3 and 4.8 yards a rush.

As I said, the Charger's backs and running game is substantially better than the Pats.

Add in Faulk's rushing/receiving to get a true picture. You have ONE guy and 1/4 guy. We have a troika.

Add in Faulk's rushing/receiving to get a true picture. You have ONE guy and 1/4 guy. We have a troika.

Ok let do it:

Tomlinson/Turner/Neal: 2457 yds rushing - 5.4 yds/rush
638 yds recieving
3095 Total Yards

Dillon/Mahoney/Faulk: 1680 yds rushing - 4.2 yds/rush
656 yds recieving
2336 Total Yards

Still not close. 759 more total yards to the Chargers backs and 1.2 yards/carry more. That's still a huge difference.

Last edited:
Ok let do it:

Tomlinson/Turner/Neil: 2457 yds rushing - 5.4 yds/rush
638 yds recieving
3095 Total Yards

656 yds recieving
2336 Total Yards

Still not close. 759 more total yards to the Chargers backs and 1.2 yards/carry more. That's still a huge difference.

Ok but consider..... if Tomlinson gets at least one big run of 40 to 80 yards
each game ... say one 50 yd average long run ... thats about 800 yds per
season on his long runs. So say PATs mistackle or soemthing that gives him his one long run and
the rest of the game he can be managed. :D
One 50 yd run won't put the game away ... if he does it.

i'm more worried about his receptions out of the backfield.
hopefully PATs see a way to handle that part of his game.

Last edited:
I don't think so, Earthwind was the one guy who proved he was so terrible that even BB couldn't coach him into adequacy.

maybe i was thinking of gay starting the superbowl then. stupid brain misfiring

Ok let do it:

Tomlinson/Turner/Neil: 2457 yds rushing - 5.4 yds/rush
638 yds recieving
3095 Total Yards

656 yds recieving
2336 Total Yards

Just a few things.
1) The troika of Tomlinson/Turner/Neal (How does an SD fan not even know how to spell his own player's name?) are better over-all, than the Pats 3 of Dillon, Faulk, and Maroney.

2) You are WRONG in your receiving yardage for the Patriots. It a total of 697, not 656. Faulk had 356, Maroney had 194 and Dillon had 147.

Tomlinson/Turner/Neal (How does an SD fan not even know how to spell his own player's name?)
Cut him some slack. He's only been a fan since mid-December.

Just a few things.
1) The troika of Tomlinson/Turner/Neal (How does an SD fan not even know how to spell his own player's name?) are better over-all, than the Pats 3 of Dillon, Faulk, and Maroney.

2) You are WRONG in your receiving yardage for the Patriots. It a total of 697, not 656. Faulk had 356, Maroney had 194 and Dillon had 147.

1) Oh wow, a couple typos means you are a bandwagon fan. That's freaking hilarious. Great logic there. :p "Neal" and "Neil" is like typing "there" and "their" when you are typing quickly. I'm sure no Pats fan has ever done anything like.

2) So there's a few yards difference. It wasn't intentional - just a matter of clicking back and forth between web pages and mistyping a number into my calculator. Those few yards don't change anything or make any difference to the underlying point of the discussion.

Cut him some slack. He's only been a fan since mid-December.

I've actually been a Chargers fan longer than many of you have been on this earth - approximately 29 years, although I don't remember the exact year I started following the Chargers as a child.

Last edited:
Oh wow, a couple typos means you are a bandwagon fan. That's freaking hilarious. Great logic there. :p It's like typing "there" and "their" when you are typing quickly.

I've actually been a Chargers fan longer than many of you have been on this earth - approximately 29 years, although I don't remember the exact year I started following the Chargers as a child.

So there's a few yards difference. It wasn't intentional - just a matter of clicking back and forth between web pages. Those few yards don't change anthing or make any difference to the underlying point of the discussion.

wow 29 years old. My daughter is older than you are :rolleyes:

wow 29 years old. My daughter is older than you are :rolleyes:

And you became a fan after the first Super Bowl win?

Reading comprehension is not your strength is it? I never said I was 29 years old.

Last edited:
Reading comprehension is not your strength is it? I never said I was 29 years old.

wow so you are a whole 35 then? you is old. we all bow down to your age and wisdom :bricks:

wow so you are a whole 35 then? you is old. we all bow down to your age and wisdom :bricks:

Again, reading comprehension is a must here. My age isn't the point. The point is I'm obviously not a bandwagon fan if I've been a fan for 29 years and started following the team as a child. Every non-Pats fan gets labeled a bandwagon fan here. Funny how that works and quite funny because it shows extreme defensiveness. Why do people get defensive? Because they are afraid.

Last edited:
Again, reading comprehension is a must here. My age isn't the point. The point is I'm obviously not a bandwagaon fan if I've been a fan for 29 years and started following the team as a child. Every non-Pats fan gets labelled a bandwagon fan here. Funny how that works.

My daddy can beat up your daddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back