PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

espn pulls video that helped pats case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't care what ESPN pulls or puts up, why you guys concern yourselves with such a lousy network is beyond me.

**** ESPN!
**** them and their biased writing.
**** them for their never-ending mud slinging against this organization.

We are not cheaters.
We are Patriots.

**** anyone who opposes us.

-Jamman

Hit them where it hurts people, all it took to have deflategate spread like wildfire was one person, all it takes is one person to call their local cable provider and cancel and tell them its because of ESPN.

Or watch whixh companies advertise on ESPN and tell them you will never see their commercials on ESPN cause you will never ever watch them again.

It always comes around to dollars, and we can do out part to make sure they make less of those dollars.Trust me, if more and more people do it, people will talk about it.

I have been 99.9% ESPN free for a good 7 years and I am much happier for sure.

I'm not sure about the validity of that, but I heard on the radio (Philly) on my ride home from work that ESPN took down a Sports Science video that proved the decreased pressure in the ball made it harder for Brady to grip it.

That's true.
There was talks about that here on this forum the other day.
If this isn't a sign that they're trying to cover their asses, I don't know what is.
The Patriots should be prepared to sue them.

What's really amusing in all of this is the rags that are attacking us.
I've seen at least 3 different CNN articles lambasting the Patriots and claiming they should be evicted from the Superbowl.

-Jamman

I'm not sure about the validity of that, but I heard on the radio (Philly) on my ride home from work that ESPN took down a Sports Science video that proved the decreased pressure in the ball made it harder for Brady to grip it.

Yes, this is the report that the OP is talking about.

ESPN definitely removed the sports science video...how ridiculous.

That's true.
There was talks about that here on this forum the other day.
If this isn't a sign that they're trying to cover their asses, I don't know what is.
The Patriots should be prepared to sue them.

What's really amusing in all of this is the rags that are attacking us.
I've seen at least 3 different CNN articles lambasting the Patriots and claiming they should be evicted from the Superbowl.

-Jamman
Pretty ironic coming from CNN...if you know what I mean.

True about espn I hardly turn them on anymore, it does seems like for most part they employ panel of Pats haters...but just seen this article and was wondering if any truth to it, you would think showing all sides is the best journalism, apparently not.

Screw ESPN, we got MIT and Harvard in our corner.

The Sports Science video showed that the measurable advantage was really really small. 1.5% extra force and only 1mm better grip.

Also the flight performance of the ball was slightly worse and would allow defenders to close in about 1" better because it travels slower through the air.

Even worse they concluded that the rain in the game had a lot more effect on the ball performance than the PSI inflation issue.

Here it is:

Along those lines, there was a Sports Science episode last year where they demonstrated it was theoretically possible that Gronk could have made a play on the ball if he hadn't been bear hugged by Kuechly. That was pulled by ESPN, too, but you can still find it on YouTube.

I found the video on ESPN's site a few hours ago.

The date says 1/26 instead of 1/21. In the future. Yes, it's post-dated to next Monday so it doesn't look like they were blowing it out of proportion when they knew this all along.

"A ball with 2 pounds less pressure makes it barely slower and easier for defenders to reach, by a finger tip."
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12207314&categoryid=2459789

Last edited:
tweeted john brenkus, asking where's your video?
tweeted mike reiss, hey what happened to your colleague's video?

Sports science and Headsmart video links are not working now. Pulled from youtube due to complain by ESPN??

Hit them where it hurts people, all it took to have deflategate spread like wildfire was one person, all it takes is one person to call their local cable provider and cancel and tell them its because of ESPN.

Or watch whixh companies advertise on ESPN and tell them you will never see their commercials on ESPN cause you will never ever watch them again.

It always comes around to dollars, and we can do out part to make sure they make less of those dollars.Trust me, if more and more people do it, people will talk about it.

I have been 99.9% ESPN free for a good 7 years and I am much happier for sure.
That will never work. 98% of the "fans" don't even know the name of any players, besides their QB. They buy a Rodgers jersey, they watch Skip and Steven A. , and take it as Gospel.

Sports science and Headsmart video links are not working now. Pulled from youtube due to complain by ESPN??

headsmart labs video still works. it's the best video i've seen so far. basically just copy/paste the link to anyone who doubts you

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News