PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN officially becomes The Onion with their new power rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever . . . they're the only team on my Power Rankings. Jaws said Kaep could be the greatest ever and they all picked AZ to beat NE and I'm pretty sure they all picked SEA to beat NE in 2014. What do all those things tell you?

Jacksonville didn't even have Ivory in that game...

We didn't have Brady, Gronk, Lewis, Solder, Nink, and yet we still beat a team that has been picked to win the SB?

Makes no f'ing sense at all. No sense.

These lists are meaningless especially when assembled at the beginning of the season.

Whenever the Pats win the SB, I always feel that they should be #1 until someone knocks them off. So, the Broncos are at the top of my list, even if I don't believe it for a minute...but the list is "meaningless," so...

There is a serious case of Aaron Rodgers love/wishful thinking here. I think ESPN is playing to his legions of fans who are trying to will him to win the second SB that would validate their feelings for him.

After watching the Steelers last night, they'd be way up any "meaningless list" in my book.

PS: Thanks for making this available, as silly as it is, without having to click on the HSPN site.

i couldn't have come up with that if i tried to be as confusing, disjointed and lacking in understanding of numbers as possible

They're in the pocket of big cheese.

I did some research and was able to track down the people who came up with the rankings.

150.jpg

"The Green Bay Packers are clearly number one. Did I tell you I'm an owner of the franchise? They should get bonus points just for that!" Axel VanDreel - cheese truck delivery driver

151.jpg

"Why am I a Washington Redskins fan again? Seriously? When is Dan Snyder going to sell the team? What did I do to deserve this???" Sean Smith - lobbyist

152.jpg

"Where's the team from Brazil? Didn't they beat everyone in last month's football matches? Why can't I select them?" Ernst Ackerman - investment banker

153.jpg

"I think the Patriots should move up to #2 just for winning despite having Al Michaels and Chris Collinsworth announcing the games. This team is much more enjoyable to watch when Dan Roche and Christian Fauria are announcing - I especially love the raps." Mary Mathers - professional Monkees' groupie

154.jpg

"I got tickets to the Denver game last week, and I had this really awesome idea. I brought two signs into the game. One of them was the letter "D" and the other one was a picture of a picket fence. And then I put them together and screamed, 'D-FENCE'. Get it??? 'DEFENSE!' I should patent this idea, I bet I could make a lot of money!" Pedro Santiago - rodeo clown

155.jpg

"Did you see JJ Watt's dance moves in the middle school dance commercial? Inspiration to all middle American families and educators. If that doesn't qualify as top 10 material, I don't know what does." Victoria Portman - Starbucks barista, local PTA chair

Power rankings are click bait used by the media to feed the weak minded.

This is the new NFL where scores don't matter.

Scores don't matter? That'd be perfect for this show...

250px-USWhoseLineOld.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back