PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN not done yet ,on spewing more crap on pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I agree with your attempt to make light of the situation, that hasn't exactly worked out very well throughout this whole ordeal, and the continuation of daily accusations which are separate from deflategate are a shame to see.

It really does take away from the real focus, which should be on the game of football, and the effort shown by both the players and coaches in their weekly preparation/execution.

Idiots will be idiots, but casual fans who just read headlines will read then more about how the evil cheaters cheated because they are cheaty cheaters then see a hundred headlines making fun of the doth protest too much crowd and be won over.

If they just hung it up when the judge started to read the Well's report and ask "Where's the evidence?" The early headlines would've stuck.

The longer this goes the more the story becomes their bitter whining.

Bring it on and everyone be armed to respond to it mockingly on twitter/face book/ what ever. 2007 was the infancy of myspace. In early web still with gate keepers all this flies. Now if someone says "they always sweep for bugs" there are equally weighted voices saying "and didn't find any." Back then the article said that and ignored commenters said that. Now instead of 415 commenters, the guy sharing it on face book has 4 comments 1 CHEATRIOTS!!! and 3 "... and they didn't find any." Now that article headline is discredited before a casual fan reads it.

Edit: This can be read as me disagreeing with Supafly. I'm not. I basically am blathering a bunch of unconnected thoughts that really in the end have nothing to do with "We should all be watching the games"

Last edited:
The longer this goes the more the story becomes their bitter whining.

Hope you're correct, my friend. I believe that continuing to win on the field would go a long way towards quieting some of this recent chatter.

1. We're the bad guys now. Embrace it.
We cheat, we run up the score...we cheat, we run up the score.
We were the underdogs way back then...6th round draft pick vs the greatest show on turf. This is no longer true. We're the Yankees now. Bart Scott (of all people) said so the other day. Everyone hates the team that's been on top for too long. Petty dipshits will make **** up. Why waste you're breath responding to these morons. They're just ignorant haters. Their crap has gotten so out of hand it's irrelevant. One of my friends was going on about about the cheaters and my other friend responded "they don't cheat, they have Brady...they're better."

2. The Billionaires want parity.
This frightens me. This is why the Pats keep getting hammered excessively. The NFL wants their own version of Communism and just like Communism, it isn't working. You will always have your "haves" and "havenots" (like in the movie Enemy at the Gates, the Pats get the hot babe, the rest have to dry rub).
There will always be moron owners that trade two 1's for a receiver.
Re-emphasis on PI, Cameragate, Deflategate, no longer declaring ineligible, monitoring ball pressure now. How many rule changes directly linked to the Pats?
Other teams get a warning...the Pats lose a first.
In these times of participation trophies, New England is ruining everything. They must be cheating.
By God Jerrah wants a shiny trophy.

1. We're the bad guys now. Embrace it.
We cheat, we run up the score...we cheat, we run up the score.
We were the underdogs way back then...6th round draft pick vs the greatest show on turf. This is no longer true. We're the Yankees now. Bart Scott (of all people) said so the other day. Everyone hates the team that's been on top for too long. Petty dipshits will make **** up. Why waste you're breath responding to these morons. They're just ignorant haters. Their crap has gotten so out of hand it's irrelevant. One of my friends was going on about about the cheaters and my other friend responded "they don't cheat, they have Brady...they're better."

2. The Billionaires want parity.
This frightens me. This is why the Pats keep getting hammered excessively. The NFL wants their own version of Communism and just like Communism, it isn't working. You will always have your "haves" and "havenots" (like in the movie Enemy at the Gates, the Pats get the hot babe, the rest have to dry rub).
There will always be moron owners that trade two 1's for a receiver.
Re-emphasis on PI, Cameragate, Deflategate, no longer declaring ineligible, monitoring ball pressure now. How many rule changes directly linked to the Pats?
Other teams get a warning...the Pats lose a first.
In these times of participation trophies, New England is ruining everything. They must be cheating.
By God Jerrah wants a shiny trophy.

Slow clap. This sums up everything. Other teams believe they have good, talented players and coaches (which many do), but since they can't replicate the success the Patriots have had the last 15 years, the only excuse they can come up with is "The Patriots Cheat" instead of taking a long, hard look in the mirror.

Every time someone whines about Belichick or Brady, it's essentially a testament of their greatness.

What will the next article contain? More unsubstantiated suspicions of cheating?

I wish (although it IS ESPN, so it probably won't happen) it would be how the NFL office let this go so far. After they found out the ideal gas law explained everything, how did they decide to try to get fake science to continue. And, why did they decide to let Belichick off the hook? They could have tied him in like they tied Sean Peyton in on Bountygate. Maybe we'll get some "Inside the NFL" info.

Random thought, but wasn't it mort who had the report last year that Felger and mazz wouldn't stop citing as fact, the one saying how Brady and BB had so much tension about the team that Jimmy G would start sooner rather than later? Really wish someone in the media would make that connection seeing how much of a fraud that pathetic excuse of a reporter is.

Say an anon source has an agenda against the Patriots. They tell a lie. The lie gets repeated until the lie is accepted by many as the truth. An investigative reporter can say he has multiple sources all quoting the same thing. Without actual evidence it just gossip. That's what ESPN is doing, just gossiping.

"Don't name me as a source, but I saw Van Natta raping a 5 year old boy while shouting the N-word. OK 5-10 year old boy and Van Natta might have been singing a rap song."

See what I did there? I made an outrageous claim then softened it some so it does seem as outrageous the second time possibly absolving Van Natta of racism - although keeping that suspicion- and keeping the child molestation accusation.

When you defend the Patriots do not be distracted by the overdue library books claims that are next to mass murder claims. That is assuming anti-Patriot fans are smart enough to do that.

And if you quote me anonymously, you are OK. Your "trusted" source just had an agenda.

Somebody pointed out- in one thread on this forum -how ESPN cheats BIGTIME! They get paid more than any other networks for their "free" service(s); comes out of YOUR cable fees. Ergo, you might believe it's free, but it's not. Once again, they take/get much more than they would if they had to compete FAIRLY.

Now, isn't it a curiosity they pile on the Patriots about abstractions made by their competitors? Perhaps, we should hear from ESPN's competitors and what they think of ESPN's CHEATING; how they might fair if they had to compete for those "free" dollars like the rest?

Nutshell: ESPN does not play fairly with the other networks. They bilk their customers; get paid whether you watch their station or not. This is much like charging (non-sporting) citizens for a stadium that they don't use. I might enjoy a game or two, but don't believe the rest- who are not interested -should have to pay for it. Let's talk of ESPN's CHEATING and find out what their competition thinks of it. Where would this network and their cast of brash idiots be if they actually had to follow the rules the rest follow. :oops:

<crickets>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents