PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN not done yet ,on spewing more crap on pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
http://www.poynter.org/news/mediawi...-follow-ups-likely-after-takeout-on-patriots/

Van Natta wouldn’t divulge any details or give a timetable for the next installment. He did say a couple of the leads involved other teams, although the Patriots remain the main focus.
“We heard from people we didn’t even interview who were confirming the storylines in our piece,” Van Natta said. “It confirmed the anger and paranoia around the league about the Patriots.”

Apparently he has an interesting history with nytimes

CPHOqzKVEAAkRya.png:large

Great, so he's going to be airing out a whole lot of unsubstantiated paranoia from random other teams. That's productive.

He struck me as a dipshit when he was on Bill Simmons' podcast talking about the Ray Rice fiasco last year. This whol thing has just confirmed it.

Isn't the fact that everyone has been looking out but never caught them proof the Patriots didn't do anything shady?
It seems to indicate that, but that's not the way the media and the rest of the country will spin it.

Isn't the fact that everyone has been looking out but never caught them proof the Patriots didn't do anything shady?

Somehow the fact that a half dozen teams have swept the locker room for bugs is headline-worthy, but the fact that nobody ever found anything is a minor, irrelevant detail.

Well, the first big expose provided nothing new as far as I could see, so I'm guessing the follow ups will bring even more heaping spoonfuls of nothing.

Ordinarily, the word "paranoia" would refer to fears that are incorrect.

This is almost as good a scam as the KarTrashians run. Throw out pagers of unsubstantiated rumor, sit back and rake in tons of .....$$$$$$$$$$

Second part will be released around playoff time or better yet around the AFCCG or Super Bowl if the Pats make it that far.

Thanks for reminding me to write to them to cancel my ESPN Insider. It's only $30 or so but it's something.

4 Things the Pats need to do about this.

1. Someone should send a link to BSPN and other media outlets, of the "your team cheats" site and ask them to do a story on them. And ask them why the Broncos, Steelers, and Jets are the 3 most prolific cheater teams and the Pats are in the bottom third. (btw. I think this will only work if the owner of the site is NOT a Pats fan).

2. The Pats PR department should get out in front of this story by outing Van Atta's history of unethically using un "anonymous sources" and unsubstantiated facts. I would also document all the inuendo and misinformation from the OTL story. I'd also frame the narrative to promote the idea that this is all about sour grapes. Teams that can't beat the Pats and don't want to admit their OWN failings. ie. Tomlin and Rothlessberger, 2 easy examples of stupidity combined with ineptitude, and the inability to be accountable.

3. Again, get in front of this with a press conference that basically says, we are tired of all this crap from BSPN, and the Pats welcome any and all new information that will just substantiate the truth of "spygtate", which is the Pats did NOTHING that was against the rules of the NFL. They gained no competitive advantage, since every team had someone trying to steal the opposing team's signals. And that the ONLY thing the Pats did was film those signals from a place, a league memo (not a rule) told them not to. The truth is that the Pats were ONLY guilty of not following a league directed procedure (again, NOT a rule) They did not cheat or gain an unfair advantage, unlike the Broncos,jets, Steeler's and Niners have done over many occasions., \

4. Make it known that the Pats will welcome every complaint against them that is backed by Facts and people who will stand up and defend them. If any turn out to be true, the Pats will immediately apologize and take accountability for their actions, UNLIKE so many teams and players who are falsely accusing the Pats now, many just to get their names back in the news.

BOTTOM LINE : It's time that the Front office take on the burden of this attack. It's time they took the offensive and not just either react to this crap, or try to ignore it. Let the team concentrate on just playing the games, but unleash the PR department and take it to Goodell and BSPN. The fact is that NO bully is ever going to stop terrorizing you until you make them stop with some direct action.

ESPN is "all in" with the League Office against the Patriots to such a degree that Forbes magazine has questioned their objectivity. They will continue to find marginal "journalists" who will write whatever crap the NFL wants them to write. In this case, a guy who has already been discredited for making stuff up. In January, it was Mort. None of these people could get a "real job" with a "real media outlet" if they begged and bribed.

One of the reasons I think that Brady has been cozying up to the Donald is that he knows Trump has the economic and media resources to take all of this on and who doesn't give a crap whom he ticks off in the process. Remember this: Trump is very popular with the same middle America audience that typically hates Brady and the Patriots. Brady is no dummy.

ESPN is "all in" with the League Office against the Patriots to such a degree that Forbes magazine has questioned their objectivity. They will continue to find marginal "journalists" who will write whatever crap the NFL wants them to write. In this case, a guy who has already been discredited for making stuff up. In January, it was Mort. None of these people could get a "real job" with a "real media outlet" if they begged and bribed.

One of the reasons I think that Brady has been cozying up to the Donald is that he knows Trump has the economic and media resources to take all of this on and who doesn't give a crap whom he ticks off in the process. Remember this: Trump is very popular with the same middle America audience that typically hates Brady and the Patriots. Brady is no dummy.

IMO, he had to do this because Kraft won't do jack ***t about this whole thing other than empty, hollow rhetoric, which he won't follow through anyway. crying out loud, he folds more than my lawn chair ever did !

http://www.poynter.org/news/mediawi...-follow-ups-likely-after-takeout-on-patriots/

Apparently he has an interesting history with nytimes

CPHOqzKVEAAkRya.png:large

ESPN is clearly on an agenda here against the Patriots, and it's because of the Mort error. They are culpable. And they can't believe what happened in court, so they are trying to pile it on.

I thought Kraft was on the TV committee? If so, this is the thing ESPN likes to do. They mess wth their own assets, downplaying them to drive prices.

But the quote above about the NYT and Van Natta is out of context. That News of the World thing ended up with people going to jail. I wouldn't use that at all in defense of the Patriots. It's like saying OJ Simpson is on Tom Brady's side.

I love how he just flatly says "you can't do these stories without anonymous sources." Riiigggghhhht. Because being anti-Patriots is SO unpopular these days. So dangerous.

It's time for Kraft to really speak up. It's hunting time and the Patriots are the prey. If the organization doesn't do anything, the brand will be damaged beyond repair.

I hope you're not holding your breath. Kraft has made it quite clear that the only thing that matter to him is "the shield." His franchise, it's coaches, players. employees, and fans take a back seat to that.

The brand is already damaged beyond repair, and he doesn't give a ****. Ratings are up and the money's rolling in. That's all that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe