PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN: Bengals reject Redskins' offer of 2008 1st, 2009 1st (cond.) for Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
The also reportedly told the Cowboys they aren't "interested" in trading Chad.

I guess he hasn't made enough noise, yet...

I can't ******* believe they turned that down. You know, it's almost criminal to run a team so bad. Look at the Chargers. They sucked, loaded up on picks. Now look where they are, they're constantly battling the Pats for control of the AFC. I mean, how can you turn that down? Unbelivable. I can't get over that.

LMAO at the poor fans of the 'Skins! Bless their little hearts:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244957&page=26&pp=15

Originally Posted by RedskinInExile
It's as if this FO is a recovering addict who just fell off the wagon. "There was a time when we'd mortgage this team's future for an aging but extremely talented star, but those days are gone. We're in a better place now. Look how far we've come. We have nine picks... and... uh, we... don't... need... ah, **** it! I'll give you two first rounders! No? And Portis! Aww, come on, man! I'll **** your ****!"

All I can say is that Little Danny Snyder is America's Greatest Comedian!

Flippety-floppety, flippety-floppety, flippety flop:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

BENGALS SAY NO OFFER HAS BEEN MADE FOR JOHNSON
Posted by Mike Florio on April 22, 2008, 1:28 p.m.

On Tuesday morning, Chris Mortensen of ESPN reported that the Washington Redskins have offered the Cincinnati Bengals a first-round pick in 2008 and a conditional pick in 2009 that could escalate to a first-rounder for receiver Chad Johnson.

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis says that it never happened.

Mike Brown has not received a phone call,” Lewis said at a Tuesday press conference.

Lewis also continues to call Johnson’s bluff regarding his intention to retire if not traded. “He’s a man of his word,” Lewis said. “He says he’s not going to play, so don’t play. It’s time to do what you’re going to say you do and we’ll just move forward.”

So what’s going on here? It’s possible that the offer was made, and that the Bengals have opted to deny it in order to avoid the intense pressure that eventually will come from the fan base to spare them the antics of Ocho Psycho by getting real value for him right now and moving on.

Really, what can the Redskins do if the Bengals are lying? Call a press conference to say that an offer has been made? (That would be tampering on its face.)

And we continue to be (more) concerned that tampering might be occurring with Johnson. Even if the ‘Skins aren’t directly talking to agent Drew Rosenhaus, the fact that the Washington Post knows that the team is ready to pay Johnson $21 million in guaranteed money strongly suggests that the team is putting this information out there in the hopes of continuing to stoke the “I want out” fire that has escalated into an inferno.

In our opinion, what the Redskins apparently are doing is 1000 times worse than the conduct that formed the basis for the Bears tampering allegations against the 49ers. In our opinion, the Bengals should file tampering charges against the Redskins today, if for no reason other than to get the Redskins to back off.

LEWIS ADMITS THAT OFFER WAS MADE
Posted by Mike Florio on April 22, 2008, 4:32 p.m.

In a stunning but not surprising move, Bengals coach Marvin Lewis has reversed course, and he now admits that the Redskins made a specific contract offer for receiver Chad Johnson.

“Once I actually read what was reported, I have to be truthful and say that the story is accurate,” Lewis said on Tuesday afternoon, according to ESPN. “Unfortunately, I didn’t read it until after our press conference.”

So why wasn’t he truthful in the first place? Because he didn’t know that there was a published report that an offer was made?

We think that Lewis also opted to lie about the offer (a first-rounder in 2008 and a third-rounder that can upgrade to a first-rounder in 2009) because he is concerned that the magnitude of the package that the Redskins put on the table will prompt a storm of pressure from the fans and the media to do the deal. The Bengals, who can no longer use the “loyalty clause” to force players to not say mean things about the team, can now merely force a player against his will to play for the Bengals or no one after he decides to pop off publicly.

We also suspect that Lewis received a nod of approval from owner Mike Brown to acknowledge that the offer was indeed made, because we think that Brown is so determined to not trade Johnson that he wants people to realize what the Bengals have rejected in order to keep him.

But this approach will only prompt more criticism and frustration from the fans who have grown tired of Chad Johnson’s routine. The organization might be ready to go to the mattresses over this, to the detriment of the franchise’s prospects for the coming campaign and beyond, but the fans aren’t.

The offseason is all about selling hope. The notion that the Bengals have turned down a chance to pick up real value for Johnson and remove that dark cloud now hovering over the Queen City will likely cause many a Cincy fan to abandon hope, only days before the one event in the non-football months that typically produces the most of it.

Last edited:
I guess Chad Johnson grew tired of losing.

What a mess this whole thing is... take the picks and run, already...

Lewis also continues to call Johnson’s bluff regarding his intention to retire if not traded. “He’s a man of his word,” Lewis said. “He says he’s not going to play, so don’t play. It’s time to do what you’re going to say you do and we’ll just move forward.”

Apparently, Lewis is not a man of his word and it was time to lie his ass off....

In a stunning but not surprising move, Bengals coach Marvin Lewis has reversed course, and he now admits that the Redskins made a specific contract offer for receiver Chad Johnson.

“Once I actually read what was reported, I have to be truthful and say that the story is accurate,” Lewis said on Tuesday afternoon, according to ESPN. “Unfortunately, I didn’t read it until after our press conference.”

So why wasn’t he truthful in the first place?

Another lie from Lewis, just like the lie about Johnson going off at halftime of a game. No wonder Johnson wants to get the hell out of there. Between the lies and the Chris Henry's of the world, how is Lewis guy keeping his job? Does he have naked pictures of the owner's entire family or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
Another lie from Lewis, just like the lie about Johnson going off at halftime of a game. No wonder Johnson wants to get the hell out of there.

Lewis lie about the halftime incident was to cover for Johnson after his teammates outed his outrageous conduct. Not sure why Johnson would take issue with that.

I guess Chad Johnson grew tired of losing.

The entire thing is about $, nothing more. He wants a new deal and the Bengals don't want to give it to him since they just gave him a new deal a couple years ago.

wow... just wow.

Is there something in the water in Cincy or what?!?!?

Apparently, Lewis is not a man of his word and it was time to lie his ass off....

Another lie from Lewis, just like the lie about Johnson going off at halftime of a game. No wonder Johnson wants to get the hell out of there. Between the lies and the Chris Henry's of the world, how is Lewis guy keeping his job? Does he have naked pictures of the owner's entire family or something?

Lewis is a tool... This is the same coach who comes out with a press conference saying the police are "profiling" his players... after the 28th Bengals player arrest..... Gee, Marv... had nothing to do with be out drunk at 3am cruising hookers, eh?

He definitely has nudes.....

Why do I suspect that most Cincy fans would jump at this trade and after today be willing to throw in Marvin Lewis to sweeten the offer.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244957&page=26&pp=15

Originally Posted by RedskinInExile
It's as if this FO is a recovering addict who just fell off the wagon. "There was a time when we'd mortgage this team's future for an aging but extremely talented star, but those days are gone. We're in a better place now. Look how far we've come. We have nine picks... and... uh, we... don't... need... ah, **** it! I'll give you two first rounders! No? And Portis! Aww, come on, man! I'll **** your ****!"

:rofl::rofl::rofl: LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes