PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN...A new low

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was at the end of a segment and nobody contradicted his moronic statement.There were 2 former players in as experts.Not sure who they were but one a black guy played for Dallas with Aikman.Trey Wingo made the remark I guess you could just Email espn in his name.

NFL Live Sucks...

I stopped watching it awhile ago. They don't back up their statements with any facts or insight. And they poured it on last year while we struggled.

The Seattle Seahawks saved Big Ben from going down in history as the worst SB QB performance of all time.

Last edited:
Jacky Roberts said:
I always thought Ty Law should have been MVP of that game.

I believe I recall that before the last game-winning drive happened in SB 36, they were going to give the MVP to Lawyer Milloy if NE won. Or else that was one specific writer whose column I read --- I forget.

shakadave said:
I believe I recall that before the last game-winning drive happened in SB 36, they were going to give the MVP to Lawyer Milloy if NE won. Or else that was one specific writer whose column I read --- I forget.

Are you sure it wasn't Law? I dont remember Milloy doing a lot in that game.

DarthPatriot said:
Trey Wingo on NFL live was just defending Ben worthlessburger for having a bad superbowl and said ...and I **** you not "You know who else had a bad first superbowl?..Tom Brady"...And the two so-called experts didnt even challenge this subhuman.Check your damn facts Trey...He was the f-ing MVP..He didnt have any turn overs I know he threw at least one td...Plus he orchestrated the game winning drive.To compare that turd filled egg that worthless layed sickens me.Now I wont be posting for a few days as I have "business" to take care of in connecticut.good day!:mad:

bad...incredible.
i do not want to believe it...

rabthepat said:
I stopped watching it awhile ago. They don't back up their statements with any facts or insight. And they poured it on last year while we struggled.

The Seattle Seahawks saved Big Ben from going down in history as the worst SB QB performance of all time.

Don't you mean the OFFICIALS saved Big Ben?

Good Point...

sieglo said:
Don't you mean the OFFICIALS saved Big Ben?

They Steelers did have help on the field by the refs.

Jacky Roberts said:
Are you sure it wasn't Law? I dont remember Milloy doing a lot in that game.

I'm sure. I remember because I read it right after acquiring my Lawyer Milloy replica 36 jersey. Milloy didn't have any of the interceptions like Law or Otis, but apparently played a solid game. Hard to pick one MVP from that game --- it was a TEAM accomplishment!

Last edited by a moderator:
i think milloy recovered a fumble, or maybe he forced one. it was eaither him or jones that recovered and the other forced it. actually i think milloy forced it. espn radio and magazine is just as bad. sporting news is miles ahead

I think if Brady hadn't been MVP it would have been Law or McGinest.
Law's big play was a huge momentum swing at that time and put the Rams on their heels.

But Mcginest also had a great day shadowing M. Faulk. His only big mistake that day was the PI that negated what would have been another defensive TD as tebucky scooped a fumble and took it all the way back.

there is no way willie could of been mvp. Remember that ridiculous penalty he had when he held faulk at the goal line. That penalty wiped out i think the longest fumble recovery for a td in superbowl history.

Hok said:
I gotta go with the media brains on this one. When a kicker can hit a FG from inside his own 20, then and only then should he be named MVP of anything.

I don't agree with that at all. I mean, for years, even in the locker room, the kicker was pretty much an assistant on a team. The players didn't even consider their kicker's part of the team. As fans, we made a few half-ass claps when 1s and 3s hit the scoreboard but it wasn't until Adam V that fans, players and coaches nationwide realized how important a solid kicker really can be.

How many games, including post season did this guy keep us alive or basically win it for us? How many other kickers in the league would have choked under the pressure? I agree that the kicker needs to do something spectacular to be considered MVP, but I also think Adam did...year after year. And then we hand him over to the colts....makes me sick! ;(

Tyler Faith said:
I don't agree with that at all. I mean, for years, even in the locker room, the kicker was pretty much an assistant on a team. The players didn't even consider their kicker's part of the team. As fans, we made a few half-ass claps when 1s and 3s hit the scoreboard but it wasn't until Adam V that fans, players and coaches nationwide realized how important a solid kicker really can be.

How many games, including post season did this guy keep us alive or basically win it for us? How many other kickers in the league would have choked under the pressure? I agree that the kicker needs to do something spectacular to be considered MVP, but I also think Adam did...year after year. And then we hand him over to the colts....makes me sick! ;(

Perhaps if you had called him or sent him a pic of yourself in his jersey he may have stayed?? :D You are right that kickers are/were an afterthought on most teams until Adam. The only other times we heard about them is when they screwed up, like Norwood missing the last minute FG for the Bills in SB 25! Also, I don't think we handed him over to the Colts, its obvious he wanted out of New England and as a final f-you to HIS fans, BB and the Krafts he signed with one of our two greatest AFC rivals! THAT makes me sick!

Bill's Girl said:
Perhaps if you had called him or sent him a pic of yourself in his jersey he may have stayed?? !

There's no need for that comment wise guy.lol

Actually, I met him at a party at a hotel when he first joined the team and had an opportunity. First I was dating Vinnie Paz the boxer at the time so I really couldn't act on it and second, I made the mistake of judging him as "just a kicker" and declined. I'm kicking myself to this date about it! LOL

Back to the topic, while I think we will definitely be better than next year, I hope we don't feel the pinch without him in game winning scenerios this year.

Tyler Faith said:

Don't get me wrong - Vinatieri's clutch kicking was an integral aspect of our three Super Bowls. I'm simply arguing that, unless under odd circumstances (i.e., the kicker scores all the points in a 15-13 win), a kicker can never be the MVP of a game, if only because he relies on either the offense, defense, ST (return teams), or some combination of the three to give him the field position he needs to realistically kick a FG.

In the case of SB 36, Vinatieri's game-winning kick was a great moment, but not an MVP moment, insomuch as that Vinatieri would've never been able to make the FG if Brady and the offense hadn't put him in position to do so. Brady and the other MVP candidates (Law, McGinest, etc.), conversely, made several game-changing plays each, rather than one big blow at the end.

That said, Vinatieri was a great Patriot who will be missed. Here's hoping Gostkowski can be nearly as good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back