Status
Not open for further replies.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Rowe played all 73 snaps yesterday. My impression is he played well, but truly you have to watch every play on tape focusing on him to determine that.
However, other than AB locked up with Butler, the other Pittsburgh WRs had just 7 catches in 14 attempts for 70 yards, so as a group, with Rowe being the guy who played the most, statistically they did well.

Here are the Patriots' snaps counts from Week 7 against the Steelers

Eric Rowe played all 73 snaps this week. This may be a taste of things to come as clearly he was the #2 CB this game with Ryan getting 31 snaps and Coleman 35

Also worth noting is McCourty got 72, Chung 71 and Harmon 52

Rowe did okay but when targeted was 3/6 and allowed a TD. To be far it was a pretty well thrown TD pass in a hard spot to defend. While I don't think he did as well as last week him defending a guy like Heyward-Bey is not ideally what you would ask him to do as i think he is more suited to the slower/more physical WRs.

Still pretty decent 2nd showing and I think it is worth letting him start next week to see how he does.

LOL we were thinking the same thing :p

Rowe played all 73 snaps yesterday. My impression is he played well, but truly you have to watch every play on tape focusing on him to determine that.
However, other than AB locked up with Butler, the other Pittsburgh WRs had just 7 catches in 14 attempts for 70 yards, so as a group, with Rowe being the guy who played the most, statistically they did well.
I didn't know that he played all 73 snaps. But my impression was that he was very competitive against the competition.

I think he was in there to match up with DHB with his size, though he doesn't have Bey's speed. I thought he did a solid job most of the time (he did get beat on the TD, but it was a well executed route and pass). But you shouldn't judge a game on one play.

What I'm wondering is if this becomes a personnel change in the secondary with Ryan shifting to the slot CB position, or a game to game match up thing where Rowe gets play when there is a big receiver they want him to cover in those short to mid-range areas with help over the top on some occasions. Sort of like what we did with Browner in 2014.

I didn't know that he played all 73 snaps. But my impression was that he was very competitive against the competition.

I think he was in there to match up with DHB with his size, though he doesn't have Bey's speed. I thought he did a solid job most of the time (he did get beat on the TD, but it was a well executed route and pass). But you shouldn't judge a game on one play.

What I'm wondering is if this becomes a personnel change in the secondary with Ryan shifting to the slot CB position, or a game to game match up thing where Rowe gets play when there is a big receiver they want him to cover in those short to mid-range areas with help over the top on some occasions. Sort of like what we did with Browner in 2014.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

They want to upgrade Coleman and Jones in the slot.

Yea it's great to have a competent #2 CB now.

I think the decrease in playing time shows the patriots coaching staff finally realized what every fan in America has been watching...Logan Ryan gets picked on by opposing QBs...even by bad QBs

Eric Rowe played all 73 snaps this week. This may be a taste of things to come as clearly he was the #2 CB this game with Ryan getting 31 snaps and Coleman 35

Rowe did okay but when targeted was 3/6 and allowed a TD. To be far it was a pretty well thrown TD pass in a hard spot to defend. While I don't think he did as well as last week him defending a guy like Heyward-Bey is not ideally what you would ask him to do as i think he is more suited to the slower/more physical WRs.

Still pretty decent 2nd showing and I think it is worth letting him start next week to see how he does.
FYI Reiss had Coleman at 17 which seems correct

To play corner for 73 snaps 47 of which were passed and get targeted 6 times and allow 3 completions for 30-some yards is a GREAT game for a corner.

Implications?

The implication is it will cost the Pats a 3rd round pick vice a 4th, but I guess it's worth it if he merits the reps.

The implication is very simple. Rowe is Logan Ryan's 2017 replacement.
Cross one re-signing off your list.

Butler/Rowe is shaping up to be a younger version of Revis/Browner. BB managed to replace both of them in two years.

A 3rd rounder is more than a fair price to pay if Rowe is legit. He will allow us to keep Butler as he will make peanuts against the cap in 2017/2018 on his rookie deal.

Another point that fans need to keep in mind is other games Rowe will have McCourty behind him. Brown & Odell are the only WRs off the top of my head that BB gave Butler safety help.

I thought his coverage was great on the TD & I liked him flexing his muscles after forcing an incompletion. Love swagger in CBs.

Let's not jump the gun. Ryan has played a lot of good football for this team. This may have been a matchup thing.

I was watching Rowe as best I could during the telecast. Really liked what I saw. Having good corners and capable enough back-ups is essential these days...... Color me "encouraged"........I think next year Cyrus Jones comes into his own........

The implication is very simple. Rowe is Logan Ryan's 2017 replacement.
Cross one re-signing off your list.

Pretty much.

I said in a thread yesterday that nce he hits the open market someone will pay him ~5m AAV and 5-8m in guarantees.

I like him as #2CB but I can't see this team paying him that.

Let's not jump the gun. Ryan has played a lot of good football for this team. This may have been a matchup thing.

Maybe. DHB and Hamilton are both 6-2 and its not like Ryan hasn't matched up with taller WRs before.

DHB does have 4.3 speed so he is on the fast side and Rowe is straight line faster than Ryan.

I think his elevation to the starting lineup had more to do with what he did vs AJ Green in the 2nd 1/2

I was watching Rowe as best I could during the telecast. Really liked what I saw. Having good corners and capable enough back-ups is essential these days...... Color me "encouraged"........I think next year Cyrus Jones comes into his own........

They need Jones to start coming into his own by the end of this regular season. They'll need more quality CB play come the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes