PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eric Rowe and implications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not jump the gun. Ryan has played a lot of good football for this team. This may have been a matchup thing.
Similarly, next week probably won't tell us much since Justin Hunter is most likely starting and his only positive qualities are his size and speed.

(Woods has a foot injury; Goodwin has a concussion.)

They need Jones to start coming into his own by the end of this regular season. They'll need more quality CB play come the playoffs.

Agreed...... he was tremendous as a punt returner in college. I wonder why the butterfingers now catching it cleanly..... odd?!? nerves?? concentration?? Hope he gets squared away.......

Maybe I'm wrong, but he seemed hobbled to me at times. On the called-back TD by the steelers he was trailing his receiver by several steps and looked slow. On another occasion he seemed limping, but maybe I was mistaken.
The coverage on the TD was good, nice play by the WR to get both feet down in bounds.

To play corner for 73 snaps 47 of which were passed and get targeted 6 times and allow 3 completions for 30-some yards is a GREAT game for a corner.
Clearly you don't get it Andy. In a league where a 60% completion rate is the Mendoza line for QB's, there are Pats fans here who expect our DB's to stop EVERY pass play, and/or have the QB sacked on EVERY play, no excuses. :rolleyes:

Maybe I'm wrong, but he seemed hobbled to me at times. On the called-back TD by the steelers he was trailing his receiver by several steps and looked slow. On another occasion he seemed limping, but maybe I was mistaken.
The coverage on the TD was good, nice play by the WR to get both feet down in bounds.
Hmmm. I didn't notice him limping but that doesnt mean he wasn't. He did have an ankle injury earlier in the year so maybe he tweaked it a little on a play.

Rowe as the #2 and Ryan in the slot seems like a good scheme. Many people on here have been saying for a while now that Ryan is better suited in the slot. Thats a good CB crew with Butler, Rowe, and Ryan. Hopefully Coleman and/or one of the Jones' steps up too.

Rowe as the #2 and Ryan in the slot seems like a good scheme. Many people on here have been saying for a while now that Ryan is better suited in the slot. Thats a good CB crew with Butler, Rowe, and Ryan. Hopefully Coleman and/or one of the Jones' steps up too.
Coleman has already stepped up and passed Ryan on the depth chart in the 4th quarter last night.

Coleman has already stepped up and passed Ryan on the depth chart in the 4th quarter last night.
For Christ's sakes just STOP it already. You've become a Johnny one note. We all know that for some reason you have a major hard on for Logan Ryan, but even you must know that your ridiculous comments on this subject just demeans you.

In the past you have been an active and valued contributor to these pages. I just don't get you obsession with this because it isn't real. Come back from the edge. Come back to reality.

I disagree. If you rewind that play you see him being 1-2 steps behind DHB and trying desperately to break up the pass instead of trying to push the airborne Pittsburgh receiver out of bounds. But I suppose that will be a coaching point for the staff upon film review and Rowe will not repeat that mistake.

I think we need to see a lot more snaps from Rowe to know what he can do.

DHB is a terrible receiver

Yea it's great to have a competent #2 CB now.

Yeah at least he only allowed a TD in coverage, unlike that Ryan bum who allowed a TD while in coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back