Status
Not open for further replies.

denverpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Enough of the ridiculous undefeated talk on this board. Don't you realize how absurd that is? How long have you watched the NFL for? How long have you watched this Patriots team?

Enough looking ahead. One game at a time please. Let's breakdown the Cleveland defense and receivers please.

They haven't won anything yet. Have a piece of humble pie along with the team.

Go Pats!

NEP will not lose until 2009

there

I said it

Enough of the ridiculous undefeated talk on this board. Don't you realize how absurd that is? How long have you watched the NFL for? How long have you watched this Patriots team?

Enough looking ahead. One game at a time please. Let's breakdown the Cleveland defense and receivers please.

Go Pats!

I can be as unhumble as I wish. Lets stop the talk of "being" the team. They are doing there job. Let fans do theirs, and cheer for them. Look ahead. Dream.

15-0 baby!!!!

I completely agree. They will not go undefeated, but they are without a doubt the best team in the NFL. You know that there will be at least one game that the ball won't bounce their way. I think that the Colts should be considered the team to beat, they are the defending champs. If they do go undefeated up to the Colts game and win that game, all you will hear about is the Pats' quest for perfection.

Alot of young kids have been drawn to this board due to the Pats offensive success. I see no reason to dampen their spirits. Football is really for children, after all, and their excitement and exuberance is refreshing, if ridiculous.

Go Pats!

Seriously, are you having a breakdown ?:confused: Of course everyone's excited about what the team is doing. Yes it's a little silly to talk about an undefeated season, but were fans, that's what fans do. Honestly, your statement looks like something a Pats coach would say. Relax, keep it real and let people imaginations run wild, that the best part about having one, a little dreaming.:rocker:

We don't have to eat humble anything. A fan looking ahead or making predictions has zero affect on the teams performance. So please stop acting like we have to take it one game at a time like the team.

We Don't!!

I don't think that we will lose a game in the next 5 years. That will make us 95-0.

I have a nervous breakdown every week before the game. ;) Yes I understand that we are just fans and it is all for fun. I just wanted to get that comment off my chest. After following this team thru the dark times it's a hard for me to imagine winning every game. Thanks for listening.

Last edited:
I agree with you but why make another thread about it then? Kind of defeats the purpose doesnt it?

Are you swimming against the rip-tide, or pissing against the wind?

Why not discuss their chances? Is this the team locker room?

You cannot stop fans from discussing all angles of the sport. You can't pretend that it's not on your mind as a possible outcome either.

Any team that starts 4-0 endows their fans with the right to talk about the likelihood of a 16-0 season. Obviously, 4-0 is normally a weak consideration for teams that don't have the top coach or top talent, and are not deeply experienced at playing under pressure.

Oops, this team has all three. What do you do, sort of pretend that they are different from all previous 4-0 teams? I'm not running around talking 16-0 by any stretch but I also won't deny that if any team has ever had a shot, this is the team. The reason is balance and coaching and experience. Nobody has every plugged in this formula in quite this way, and I think that it's impossible not to consider the possibility, or to stop talk or thoughts about it on the fan level.

Besides that, Brady is every bit Joe Montana. Every bit.

I don't mind going on record to say that I think they have a shot.

I would bet that to a man, the surviving Dolphins fear this team more than any team they've seen since '72. Remember, the Bears did not have a QB like this, or a receiver like Moss. Indy has never had a defense like this either. Denver didn't either. When you go down the list of contenders over the years, I defy you to find a team that had the QB, coach, balance in all three phases, *and* experience at having won it all several times. Name one. You can't. There is only one team in NFL history in that category, and we're watching it. Now how are we supposed to ignore that? We aren't the players and this is not the locker room where humble pie is the entree of the day.

I have a nervous breakdown every week before the game. ;) Yes I understand that we are just fans and it is all for fun. I just wanted to get that comment off my chest. After following this team thru the dark times it's a hard for me to imagine winning every game. Thanks for listening.

That I can relate too, all day Monday I had major butterflies, why ?? I guess I'm still expecting close games. I think when we play Dallas and Indy, I'd better have Oxygen on hand

I don't think that we will lose a game in the next 5 years. That will make us 95-0.

Not only will that happen, but the Patriots will cure all disease, end all famine, and bring peace to all war-torn areas of the world. By February.

I'm totally looking forward to it. ;)

Not only will that happen, but the Patriots will cure all disease, end all famine, and bring peace to all war-torn areas of the world. By February.

I'm totally looking forward to it. ;)

Cool!!!!!!!!:rocker:

Go Pats!

I agree with you. I don't think the idea itself is absurd, just constantly bringing it up after one month. I would much rather see consistent play and improvement throughout the year then worry about the least likely outcome.

September is the month that every team still has a shot at the playoffs, and no team has established their real identity.

I'm sure once we lose our first game, the 16-0 talks will cease. :rolleyes:

Go Pats!

I hope the Pats go 16-0 this year, what do you think?

That I can relate too, all day Monday I had major butterflies, why ?? I guess I'm still expecting close games. I think when we play Dallas and Indy, I'd better have Oxygen on hand

I wouldn't be overly concerned with Dallas. Their secondary is terrible and their defense as a whole is subpar. They have been fortunate enough to play horrible offenses the past two weeks. But the Giants lit them up in week 1 and Miami put up 20 on them. Their offense has the talent to put up 24 -27 points against us but our passing game will easily put 35+ on them. The Pats will win by at least a TD but my guess is 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore