PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eli Manning: "We know what it takes to beat the Patriots"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely innocent. The kid thinks they could of won that game and who could blame him, he just won a big game and is going to the Super Bowl. I'm almost happy that he made the Super Bowl more quickly than his brother.

While he has a more likeable personality than his older brother I can never root for him just because of the sh!tstorm he and his posse made during the 2004 Draft.

Last edited:
Nice - maybe I'll write a book on how to become a millionaire; even though I'm not one :D

agree with the giants fans here. We need to RELAX. Eli wasn't bragging or talking sh!t or anything. WE ALL know how he meant that, so let's please give it a rest. And anyway, just wait - you know that LB Pierce'll say something stupid to get us hyped up sometime in the next 14 days.

Last edited:
he might know what it takes, but it does not mean he has it.

agree with the giants fans here. We need to RELAX. Eli wasn't bragging or talking sh!t or anything. WE ALL know how he meant that, so let's please give it a rest. And anyway, just wait - you know that LB Pierce'll say something stupid to get us hyped up sometime in the next 14 days.

Eli was very co(ky when he said it IMO. Afterwards he caught himself and went back to his "aw shucks" routine. I generally shy away from this kind of smack but it stuck out to me as I watched it.

Last edited:
At his postgame presser.

Material is material. Nobody forced him to say it, he said it himself.

Don't even think for a second that the Pats are going to have some sort of "disrespect" card to play. That's over.

If you really believe that then you really don't know the Patriots.
The disrespect card is NEVER dead for them!
Not when many NFL fans openly root for the Patriots to lose, and still sling insults like Cheatriots and Belicheat at every opportunity.

This team will use every bit of motivation it can to win.
I'm sure that the Jaguars "asterisk" on their website was made known to the players before the AFC divisional round.

Well get ready for the Super Bowl guys! It's gonna be a really exciting 2 week buildup!
Anything disrespectful that slips out of Giants camp, can and WILL be used as further motivation.

BTW Thanks Igor "of foot in mouth" Olshansky, thanks for awakening the slumbering giant.
When will they ever learn?

Last edited:
See a doctor soon.

Are we going to get any more priceless "talent evaluations" from you? Any more brilliant analysis? You are a total joke. Go crawl back in your hole.

Knowing what it takes to beat the Pats is like knowing what it costs to buy a Rolls. Its not useful unless you have the ability to buy it.

You can say what you want about Eli...but he is not a trash talker.

This came out on the spur of the moment. I do not think he meant anything by it.

It was more like..."we understand what a great effort it takes to beat a team like the patriots"

Yeah, 1. An extra couple of guys on the field, 2.PERFECT execution by every NYG, 3. Several key shower slips in New England, 4. Anti-Pats officiating, and 5. Devine intervention wouldn't hurt.

Really though, he said it, he's a team leader, he has to take the heat. Don't care which "Blueprint" he is looking at.

Besides, knowing and doing are two different things.

HeeHee. Not even a couple hours and the Giants are already giving the Pats bulletin board material. :)

C'mon Eli, you can do better than that. I have confidence in your stupidity. Guarantee a win or call us cheaters or something. :p

We know what it takes to beat 'em............ We can't fold like an old lawn chair down the stretch and I can't throw a bone-headed pick at the most in-opportune time. Easier said then done, Eli. :singing:

I don't fault the Giants or Manning for expressing confidence - they played a great game against the Pats - and I maintain, as I did back then, that Coughlin was a genius for giving his all against the Pats in a "meaningless" game to give his team confidence

Looks like that's worked out well for them - well done Giants! You deserve to be in the Super Bowl!

Props to Eli and I don't think this was trash-talking, but to think that he'll see the same Pats team he saw in week 16 is not true. Knowing that this is their last MOST important game coupled with 2 weeks to prepare for nice weather. The Giants better be ready to change their game-plan because the Pats will rip them apart if they don't mix it up for AZ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back