PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

EEI reporting Vinateri wants 3.5 mill a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
According to D & C. That is ridiculous money for a kicker, and I feel Vinateri has over valued himself.

well

R_T26 said:
According to D & C. That is ridiculous money for a kicker, and I feel Vinateri has over valued himself.

I have wanted and hoped that AV would stay; but if this is true, then he's gone. There is no way the pats will pay that. Of course only Dallas could pay that, so the big question is: will they?

damn, well thanks for everything Adam.

No friggin' way. I dont even see Dallas spending that after what Longwell signed for. If you're holding out for that Adam, have a nice retirement.

He was 22/28 last year. And that includes just two attempts over 49 yards in 18 games. Even if replaced with a pathetic kicker who goes 17/28 that's a difference of less than one point per game. Might I think differently when we need a game winning kick in the playoffs ? Maybe. But I'd prefer to put the money in other positions so that we don't need the game winning kick.

No doubt he has produced some of the most amazing clutch kicks in NFL history, but he didn't single handedly win the Superbowls for the Pats. I would imagine most decent kickers would be able to make 40 yard field goals inside the comforts of dome stadiums. Point? He's a KICKER! I remember a game a few years back when he missed 4 field goals in Kansas City. Would it suck to lose Adam the Icon? Sure it would. But he's still just a KICKER!

Bye Adam, you stuck around long enough to break Gino's record and now you're off to follow the money. Thanks and good luck!

Has he signed with the Postons or Tom Condon? If this salary demand is true, I think someone's head is getting a little big for my tastes.

Last edited:
That $3.5M number has to be either idle speculation, or what AV wanted before free agency started. With the deal Longwell just signed, I can't see AV even getting up to $3M/yr. I figure he'll end up in the $2.5M/yr range, maybe even under that.

I wonder if this "demand" was before or after Longwell signed? Clearly Longwell's contract should show AV what the market is willing to pay. I'd love to see him back and my daughter will be heartbroken if he goes, but at $3 million? Bye Adam.

Last edited:
Vinatieris demands (if true) remind me (... of Seatle Slew...) of a LaFontaine fable.

Thanks for the kicks, Adam. Sionara!

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that maybe it's the price that he wants to be paid to pull him away from the Patriots and endorsement income from the NE area as opposed to being a true moneygrubber like Law and Milloy. :rolleyes:

Adam's long term endorsement value

Adam's a god in NE and has proven endorsement value as an active player. If he retired in NE, his potential celebrity income would be substantial, I would assume. His option right now: take the big contract in a new market, or retire in NE and be a god/celebrity for life.

Does anyone have a sense of the financial difference between his options?

If the ceiling for a kicker was established at 2.5MM last year (Adams franchise value), then, under the new CBA / cap, I don't see his demand as too excessive. With the cap increased by 20 - 25%, why accept the status quo untill he's forced to?

It's all a mindset. Teams are now throwing big money at safety when 3 years ago they did not. Same with Tight Ends. Now, only kickers, punters and long snappers are in the same ballpark.

All it will take is one team to break the ice and there goes the salary structure for any of these positions.

Regarding Longwell setting the market, I thought Jureviscios did that when he signed with the Browns (5yrs 25 M), yet then Randall El and Givens hit the mother-lode.

Adam is doing the right thing - establish his own benchmark, not let someone else do so.

I'll take all this with a grain of salt. However, if Adam wants that kind of money, no problem. All he has to do is continue his workouts and be ready for 2006 - unsigned. By week 6 he will have multiple suitors willing to pay the world for him. :)

Considering the source I'd take that report with a BIG grain of salt before throwing Adam under the moneygrubbing bus. Like perhaps that is what he wants in guaranteed money?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Oh, wait a minute....he was serious wasn't he? :eek:

R_T26 said:

I think the Pats sign him for about $3 million per.

Jacky Roberts said:
I think the Pats sign him for about $3 million per.

I don't. If he signs here it will be for Longwell money. So what I'm trying to say is he's not signing with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News