PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

EDIT: Schefter Patriots get taken through the back channel by NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes no sense for any other owner to not back Goodell in this one.

mike freeman · @mikefreemanNFL
19th May 2015 from TwitLonger

Owner: 'Right now I don't sense a great movement to rally around (Kraft)'
If you believe there will be owners who will make some sort of move to support Patriots owner Robert Kraft in his fight against Roger Goodell, well, it's looking like that's not happening. At least, not now.

One owner told me on Monday: "Right now I don't sense a great movement to rally around Robert. That could change but for now I'm not sensing that. I think most owners feel the same way I do. The Patriots don't need anyone helping them to defend Brady."

The owner added that Goodell "has strong support from many owners. No one is running Goodell out of town on this issue. Won't happen."

The sense I get from this owner and others is that a significant portion of ownership is backing Goodell. I can't put a percentage on it but it sounds like a lot.

Several sources also believe that Goodell and Kraft will have a clandestine meeting--if they already haven't--sometime soon.
I've noticed ticket prices skyrocket when Patriots are the visiting team. This must stop if the other owners are taking this position. Why should we put money in their pockets?

It makes no sense for any other owner to not back Goodell in this one.
Except, it could be your team next time....obviously, that doesn't apply to the Jets, Giants, Colts, Steelers, or Ravens.

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk
Texans owner Bob McNair defends Roger Goodell's handling of #DeflateGate http://wp.me/p14QSB-9M7s

Kraft is getting nothing. He has to choose between his owner buddies or defending his team. Looks like they do not really fear a Kraft law suit. If he files one, it will represent a paradigm shift from the guy who said:
'We understand and greatly respect the responsibility of being one of 32 in this league and, on that basis, we will accept the findings of the report and take the appropriate actions based on those findings as well as any discipline levied by the league.”

If you believe there will be owners who will make some sort of move to support Patriots owner Robert Kraft in his fight against Roger Goodell, well, it's looking like that's not happening. At least, not now.

One owner told me on Monday: "Right now I don't sense a great movement to rally around Robert. That could change but for now I'm not sensing that. I think most owners feel the same way I do. The Patriots don't need anyone helping them to defend Brady."

The owner added that Goodell "has strong support from many owners. No one is running Goodell out of town on this issue. Won't happen."

The sense I get from this owner and others is that a significant portion of ownership is backing Goodell. I can't put a percentage on it but it sounds like a lot.

Several sources also believe that Goodell and Kraft will have a clandestine meeting--if they already haven't--sometime soon.

The owners will be singing a different tune when Kraft tells goodell to stick it and proceeds with an appeal and legal action.

Only reason why there are supposed talks is because some owners probably urged goodell to do it because he can't afford to have this go to court.

Schefter has been wrong before about Deflategate, so I'm not taking any of this serious. No mention of NFL official stealing and selling footballs and being fired, as well as making McNally introduce non approved Kballs in the Wells report. Schefter seemed to think this was a big deal prior in one of HIS leaks prior to Wells report being released.

Freeman has been writing this same story for about a week now, always stating "one owner told me".....who I'm guessing is the same owner, and using phrases like "the sense I get"....meaning he has no source whatsoever to cite. ! He has an agenda that he's pushing in all of his journalistic pieces...essentially trying to shape public opinion against the Patriots.

Except, it could be your team next time....obviously, that doesn't apply to the Jets, Giants, Colts, Steelers, or Ravens.
Nah, I know that makes sense on the surface, but no team is hated like NE.

Noooooooo! Don't Do it Kraft! Don't Do it!

He'll definitely do it.. when he publicly stated that he didnt agree with the report but he would accept whatever punishment the league dished out... he was willing to bite it.. until he saw how outrageously over the top the penalty was and then he changed his tune.. but if they're willing to lower the penalty down to like.. the 4th rounder and the 1 million, with no suspension.. he would jump on that in a second and I don't necessarily blame him either

Kraft isn't going to lose his franchise in any outcome. He doesn't need to challenge the anti-trust exemption. The NFL is a monopoly because nobody has made a league people want to watch, not because it's illegal to make another league. And if the team could not operate collectively then the small market teams stand to lose the most as large market teams can get better players and spend more money. Kraft has a large market team.

I don't see the upside for Kraft in agreeing. He makes money by selling his product to fans. Pissing off the fans and his star player will likely have a greater Negative effect to the bottom line than anything IMO.
You and I really can't seem to communicate together. I'm not talking about what you think I'm talking about.

Things I want:
  1. Brady's suspension overturned.
  2. The fine tabled against the Patriots dismissed.
  3. The return of the Patriots draft picks.
  4. A full and unreserved apology from Roger Goodell.
  5. An independent investigation into the sting operation.
  6. Roger Goodell being removed from office.
Missed anything?

That's beyond a fantasy.

getting the suspension removed and the 1st round pick back would be ideal, anything beyond that is gravy.

He'll definitely do it.. when he publicly stated that he didnt agree with the report but he would accept whatever punishment the league dished out... he was willing to bite it.. until he saw how outrageously over the top the penalty was and then he changed his tune.. but if they're willing to lower the penalty down to like.. the 4th rounder and the 1 million, with no suspension.. he would jump on that in a second and I don't necessarily blame him either
Any acceptance of penalties is an admittance of guilt, no thanks. **** the NFL, sue those ****ers.

This will never happen, unfortunately if you stop watching the NFL now you'll miss the fu tour 2015.

Done with the league but not the Pats. I just mean, Pats on - TV on. Pats off/Pressers done - TV off. No more NFL anything else. I just couldnt bring myself to put dollars in the pockets of a corrupt league.

Granted it could be great when the Pats start the tour seeing all the sourpusses on TV crying about it which is pretty much everyone but Mike Florio lately.

Kraft must see how all his "buddies" in the NFL owner's circle are perfectly content with throwing him and his organization under the bus. How can he still want to get along with these people? It is not only doing him no good but it's destroying everything he's built!

Last edited:
Owners really won't be backing Kraft...not surprising.

All I care about is the draft picks. The fine and suspension I can live with... Maybe we'll get some hype for Jimmy G. like Matt Flynn once got. Maybe it'll motivate Brady even more than he already is. It'll make the first four games more entertaining to me as a fan, since I have often wondered how Jimmy G. would do if Brady wasn't around.
We can make the playoffs even with the suspension. The draft picks hurt us more than anything.

F the suspension... The 1st round pick and the suspension HAS TO GO, period.

Ray Rice gets 2 games for practically murdering his wife on camera in an elevator with a vicious right hook.. and you want Brady to eat 4 games for some total ********?

reduce tom's suspension to 1 game i can live with that, obviously we all want 0 but i doubt goodell does that.

give us our 1st round pick back!

This is easy for us to say because it is not our reputation that is at stake and not for nothing his is not any ordinary REPUTATION.

Lets follow your advice and you tell me what advice you will offer given the following situation that Tom will face.

Tell me if TB12 did as you advise; what is your advice on our he explains to his little ones when they see on TV or are told or hear among their friends that the whole world says their Daddy is a CHEATER? Does he say that Daddy did absolutely nothing wrong honey but he had to allow the whole world to think he was a CHEATER because everyone wanted him too.

Then his little girl looks at him and says Daddy isn't that lying. Daddy is lying better then cheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back