PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2024 NFL Draft Thread (Continued..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m so scared we are going to make the wrong choice and I can’t tell you if Maye or McCarthy is going to be the better pro.
Hey Cousin, That's what makes the cheese more binding!
The crazy thing is that the new Pats regime is betting their future as well. I have "0" faith that any of the Holy Three plus one, will have any more of a successful career than a Penix, Nix or for that matter a Rattler. Does anyone know who is the person that sets the value of one over the other as far as QBs go? Is it Kiper, Hoge, Felger, Curran? There must be a "guru" that tells us Maye is the next Allen for sure and Daniels the next Lamar.

I for one see the aimless pursuit of having these kids throw during their "Pro Day" and have some of these jerks tell us "well two passes hit the ground, therfor this kid rots" 17% to 19% is the average success rate of a Draft class in the NFL as far as reaching the end of their rookie contract and quantifying their "selection" as Pro Bowl caliber, starter or valuable role player/backup. Ironically the worse the Team is the more their Draft picks remain on the roster.

If the Pats want to take the roster scenario and build before you anoint some 21 year old or Heaven forbid a 24 year old kid to be the next Mahomes or Brady , it buys them more time. If they pick one of the top four and they bust, Mayo is out in my estimation at the end of year two.
Is anyone on this forum upset that the Pats let Mac go, or the Steelers Forum that they moved on from Picket? Both were firsts but not the horror of the Niners with the Trey Lance or Trubiski pick at the front of the Draft. So a Penix or Nix added to a built up roster IMHO causes less angst........ and might be successful. Lance and Trubiski were poster children for what hype the gurus created that was actually oogatz.

NO ONE KNOWS FOR SURE.
DW Toys

What if Arizona is also looking for a QB, specially one to sit for a year until they can unload Murray and that stupid contract they gave him with video game clauses?

The natural choice for them is MHJ but I wouldn't be surprised if they pick JJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST