PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2024 NFL Draft Thread (Continued..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have been saying the same thing for two months. Don't fall in love with a high ceiling guy, fall in love with a guy that has everything. Kid is 21 and has enough upside. I wish he layered passes better but I assume he can learn that. Great pocket presence, strong arm, accurate, and plays within the system, sign me up.

I wish he layered passes better but I assume he can learn that
Don't worry about what he can't do because kids like him and Maye are so young they have miles to grow. All 4 of the top targets have things they need to improve.

The guy who's faults could be a big issue are Daniels due to his age/experience. He isn't going to make big improvements to his game imo.

Don't worry about what he can't do because kids like him and Maye are so young they have miles to grow. All 4 of the top targets have things they need to improve.

The guy who's faults could be a big issue are Daniels due to his age/experience. He isn't going to make big improvements to his game imo.

I agree. Penix and Nix are older as well. It is Maye or McCarthy for me, preferably McCarthy, although Maye's size is NFL ready.

The flip side of this is that suddenly becoming a rich star under bright lights can break a kid.

Similarly, the speed of the game, the sure failures - maturity matters.

I’m so scared we are going to make the wrong choice and I can’t tell you if Maye or McCarthy is going to be the better pro.

I’m so scared we are going to make the wrong choice and I can’t tell you if Maye or McCarthy is going to be the better pro.
No one can tell you right now. As we saw with Mac, a big part will be coaching and who they get at the skill positions.
Honestly, whoever they pick I will be excited for a few months

I have been saying the same thing for two months. Don't fall in love with a high ceiling guy, fall in love with a guy that has everything. Kid is 21 and has enough upside. I wish he layered passes better but I assume he can learn that. Great pocket presence, strong arm, accurate, and plays within the system, sign me up.
Did Brady’s scouting report suggest that he had a high ceiling?

He was a game manager early in his career, and went on to become the GOAT.

That’s as high a ceiling as you can get.

Can JJ’s ceiling be high enough?

Last edited:

What is Adjusted Completion Rate? Is it another of those "statistics" that are mainly judgment calls? (e.g. - "Yeah, he missed that but we're not going to count it because..."). And "Big Time Throws" is another bunch of judgment calls pretending to be stats that drives me friggen nuts. It's my pet peeve. Who decides what is a "Big Time Throw"? And is it skewed by a guy who has to resort to heroics all the time because he screws up the basics? Almost like QBs (Manning for example) who got fawned over for their large number of late game comebacks. Forgetting he's the guy that put his team in a hole to begin with.

On edit: Apologies to Uptown for being argumentative. I know those weren't your stats. I just get a little extra passionate this time of year.

Last edited:
Did Brady’s scouting report suggest that he had a high ceiling?

He was a game manager early in his career, and went on to become the GOAT.

That’s as high a ceiling as you can get.

Can JJ’s ceiling be high enough?

Trying to be fair, I don't think we know what JJ's ceiling might be because he played within Harbaugh's system that limited any flashy plays. JJ's short area quickness is exceptional, he runs well, and throws well on the run (over 70% completion), so his scrambling could be elite. His short throwing game had the highest completion % of the Top 6 guys. JJ is taller than Mahomes, and his arm is plenty strong enough. His ceiling will be dependent on how well he develops his throws to the 2nd and 3rd levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST