PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eagles Owner Jeff Lurie Will Not Dismiss Cheating in SB 39

Status
Not open for further replies.
The accusations of cheating are becoming a weekly event. We play the Steelers...Tomlin complains of cheating. We play the Colts...they complain of cheating. We play the Ravens...they complain of cheating.

The NFL looked into all 3 of these accusations...and found nothing.

The accusations of cheating are becoming a weekly event. We play the Steelers...Tomlin complains of cheating. We play the Colts...they complain of cheating. We play the Ravens...they complain of cheating.

The NFL looked into all 3 of these accusations...and found nothing.

well if they looked hard enough, they might have found sand in Polian's, Tomlin's and Harbaug's vaginas

Turns out the is a rule against this sort of thing:

Here’s the problem with Pittsburgh’s approach: The NFL’s Constitution and Bylaws prohibit teams from airing out dirty laundry regarding other teams. Specifically, Article IX, Section 9.1(C)(4) provides that teams may not “[p]ublicly criticize any member club or its management, personnel, employees, or coaches and/or any football official employed by the League. All complaints or criticism in respect to the foregoing shall be made to the Commissioner only and shall not be publicized directly or indirectly.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...d-lightly-when-complaining-about-other-teams/

The Pats "cheating" meme has now morphed into an urban legend that has swept the country, like bigfoot and UFO's. We need a Snopes page to track all of the accusations.
I've been sarcastically telling Cowboys Hatriots BB aims HHARP on opponents, flies drones over their practices....you can tell they are CONSUMED to be unfazed by taking their comments and going one up.

Oct 11 is a day I look forward to

Lots of Eagle losses over the past 10 years.......Is he blaming Patriot skullduggery for the entire decade of failure?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200502060nwe.htm

Down 24-14 with 5:41 left, they took 4 minutes in their 2 minute offense to score, going 33 and 34 seconds between plays while the clock was running!!!

I don’t remember where I read it but supposedly BB called upstairs and asked if the Pats were really up by 2 scores because it seemed like the Eagles were playing to score once and not as if they were down by 10 points..

Jeff, your team lost because your QB couldn’t run a two minute offense!!!!!!

Lots of Eagle losses over the past 10 years.......Is he blaming Patriot skullduggery for the entire decade of failure?

It's the Patriots fault that the moment was too big for McNabb, the walrus is a lousy game mechanics coach, and the Eagles were essentially playing with only 2 receiving threats, one of whom was their running back. Freddie Mitchell would have been a force, if only the Patriots hadn't cheated.

There's a famous Australian saying from the 1980's "Winners are grinners and losers can please themselves." It seems appropriate for the moment.

Randall Gay was the defensive leader that day in tackles ... 11.
Daniel Graham caught 1 pass ... the only completion to a real TE that day.
Vrabel had one also ... for a TD.
Westbrook averaged 4.59 per carry that year ... 2.93 in that game.
Dillon and Faulk averaged 4.35 YPC that day on 26 carries for 113 yards.
McKnob had 3 INT's that day ... impossible to cheat to get those ... skill and preparation only.

Last edited:
You went farther than me. Our attorney came in to do our monthly audit (credit union) and started telling me how the Pats are the new Raiders. I just laughed it off. Of course, being the arrogant attorney that he is, he thought I was scared to debate him on the Patriots. I merely said haters will hate and walked away. I'm not getting into any discourse with anyone outside of this board and close friends. The world is brainwashed and I realize how pervasive it is now. Why would I allow myself to get into a back-and-forth with someone who is not debating to learn, but simply debating out of anger and frustration that the Patriots win all the time. That's not a debate. It's an argument and I don't do those.

Spot on...and let me add...I DO do those. Tell that ambulance chasing, old lady's savings robbing shyster that his number has been called for that spot with the other "good starters" at the bottom of the sea.:D

There's a famous Australian saying from the 1980's "Winners are grinners and losers can please themselves." It seems appropriate for the moment.

and there's a famous American saying that goes like this

Tippecanoe and your mother too.....or something:eek:

I think to settle the score we get all the players from that or those games and replay them :D.

and there's a famous American saying that goes like this

Tippecanoe and your mother too.....or something:eek:
I thought that was the Sean Connery quote about what winners do with/to the prom queen.........

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200502060nwe.htm

Down 24-14 with 5:41 left, they took 4 minutes in their 2 minute offense to score, going 33 and 34 seconds between plays while the clock was running!!!

I don’t remember where I read it but supposedly BB called upstairs and asked if the Pats were really up by 2 scores because it seemed like the Eagles were playing to score once and not as if they were down by 10 points..

Jeff, your team lost because your QB couldn’t run a two minute offense!!!!!!
That level of lolly-gagging is still baffling me to this day.

What exactly did they do to cheat you, Jeff? Oh, maybe they picked the venue (Jacksonville) where 1/2 the toilets stopped working halfway through the game, so Donovan could not use the restroom at halftime, and the rest is history. I guess that's it.

Maybe Lurie's right about the un-level playing field. My photos from Super Bowl XXXIX seemed a little out of whack when I sent them to be printed. I thought it was the stoned kid at Walgreen's who didn't know how to use the printer, but...

unlevel-field-2.jpg

The Patriots really need to make 99 Problems the team song.

Lurie is basically trying to appeal to his fan base. Most in Philly don't like him and think he is a wanna be. This is his attempt to appeal to the stupid philly masses. Honestly, if they don't win the SB this year, the fans are going to turn on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back