PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

E!SPNs made up QBR and their obvious agenda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember that both ESPN and ABC are owned by Disney. While they may operate in silos right now, ABC/Disney will not want to lose out on NFL exposure at all. If ESPN itself can no longer afford the contract, I'm sure Disney will make ABC subsidize it, which likely means more ABC cross-promotions on ESPN than ever before.

ESPN's issue will be if the ad revenue they can pull decreases due to cable cutting. If that happens, Disney may decide to just have the games on ABC itself like in the old days.

IIRC I read a Forbes article that stated that ESPN was the only loser "division" in the DIS stock. I think the CEO stated that ESPN would not look the same in 5 or so years because of cable cutting etc...

I think there is a bit too much conspiracy theory going around here. Each of these rating systems has serious flaws - just different flaws, although they always give too much weight to long completions and not enough to YAC stemming from a smart throw rather than superb running.

Where were the conspiracy theories last week when PFF awarded Rodgers a negative grade for a fantastic performance (333 passing yards, five touchdown passes, no interceptions, a 138.5 passer rating) against Kansas City?

Here was PFF's attempt to justify their rating (not sure if this was before or after the jiggled the numbers to increase their grade a bit):

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/09/29/why-aaron-rodgers-earned-a-slightly-negative-grade/

I really doubt ESPN jiggered their numbers this week to screw Brady - the issue is with the design of their longstanding system, not any current bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes