PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

E.J. Manuel will start for Bills

According to S johnson we are bound to lose anyway...whats the diff...:bricks:

I don't expect much from their offense but their defense will keep the Pats in check and our defense will get caught napping. We will win 17-10.

I don't expect much from their offense but their defense will keep the Pats in check and our defense will get caught napping. We will win 17-10.

Jebus... I hope our defense can nap it's way to 10 points allowed every week :rolleyes:

Jebus... I hope our defense can nap it's way to 10 points allowed every week :rolleyes:

That's a lot of points for a team with no offense. Otherwise I would have posted 17-3.

I like you would love to only allow only 10 points per game but we know that's not happening anytime soon.

the Bills didn't do much to fix their problems with stopping the run......manny lawson and kiko alonso aren't the answer there.....the pats can line up enough guys wide to make mario williams a liability

on offense, they need a 300 plus yard day out of their QB or this will be over by halftime

I've been assuming that Manuel would start. There was something about the way they rushed to say "we'll proceed as if Tuel will have to be the starter" that felt like they were setting fans up to get all excited about having Manuel under center. ("Whee! A rookie seeing his first live action after an injury!")

Rookie QBs make me nervous because of the unpredictability factor, but with Gilmore out I still feel (over)confident about this game.

That's a lot of points for a team with no offense. Otherwise I would have posted 17-3.

I like you would love to only allow only 10 points per game but we know that's not happening anytime soon.

10 points isn't a lot for ANY team, and certainly isn't the result of a team getting caught napping.

The Bills are going to be without Gilmore or Byrd in their secondary. Don't bet on their defense being able to stop Brady and the offense.

Manuel looked very good in the preseason. Not sure if the knee will keep him from taking off but containing him is key. Couple that with keeping Spiller under control and I'd bet the Pats play more of a contain than a pressure defense much to the chagrin of the board.

If they try the spread option, then Ninkovich or Jones (depending the side he runs to) will be assigned to just hit him whether he pitches the ball or not, that will soon stop them running that latest gimmick because they don't want him getting hurt again.

He's still a rookie too so just proceed with confuse him with odd looks and zone/delay/overload blitzes.

Manuel isn't ready, but I see another uninspiring opening day against Buffalo. IMO, the Pats should win this one, but it will be to the tune of 20-14, 20-13, 24-14. Something along those lines. It will probably be just close enough for the forum to implode. But keep Manuel from going deep and you've got him beat. The Gators absolutely embarrassed him last season by taking away his deep WR's and forcing him to go through his progressions on the underneath routes. They roughed him up really bad because he was holding the ball too long and was absorbing huge hits.

The Bills safety situation is going to force them to play less aggressive, which should mean that the Patriots' receivers will be untested at the line. I'm going with Brady having a big day, and the Patriots winning by 2+ TDs.

Not concerned with who the Bills are rolling out at QB because sans Gilmore/Byrd it's tough imaging Brady not having a huge day.

A little nervous about playing against EJ, Buffallo will run the read option crap and punish us...I think we'll win, but it won't be as easy as some think.

Not concerned with who the Bills are rolling out at QB because sans Gilmore/Byrd it's tough imaging Brady not having a huge day.
So long as the offensive line holds up.

Even with Manuel starting, considering all of their injuries on defense, I give the Bills a less than 25% chance of winning.

Their game plan will center around Spiller and Jackson rushing the ball, which the Patriots should have the defense capability to contain. How they defend the Bills' somewhat explosive passing attack will go a long way to determine how this game pans out.

On defense the Bills will have huge issues stopping the Patriots especially if Byrd doesn't go, and we already know they'll be without, to me, their best defensive player in Gilmore.

All things considered, the Patriots should be able to win this with minimal to moderate difficulty. 31-17

why do teams 'announce' things like this? Difference between an ownership that has to worry about selling tickets v. one that just has to worry about winning the game?

Manuel won't be ready Sunday. And the Bills D is going to suffer bad with no Gilmore and maybe no Byrd

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back