PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dump on me all you want, I think Krafty is a little smarter than he's given credit for

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's safe to say that is the overwhelming opinion. FU Goodell. I'm onboard with that.

Maybe the world is that simple, who knows?

Do you think there are a lot [not heirs] of spineless multibillionaires? Seriously, how would that happen?
Sure why not? I don't have some false idol worship. I go by what I see and not what they own. You have a personal relationship with Kraft or is this your "gut feeling" because if the latter is true, he's 0-1 in that department or should we just assume he's brave because he's got money? Seems a bit weak in the strength of argument department but I'm willing to listen to tales of his bravery

Well, at least you concede that a multibillionaire is a better businessman than you. baby steps.

Pretty smarmy Ray, especially given the fact that you clearly think the gesture was entirely insincere and in truth just an oblique and abstract jab at the Kommishiiner.

He could have saved a lot of money by simply calling out Goodell for the sh.t job he us doing.

Most of the other owners are rats. gawd, just look at Irsay, what a s**tbag. They need to be cornered and defeated, respect has nothing to do with it. Takes some time.

The sane stuff I agree with, not much he could do. The master plan stuff doesn't make sense.

So, what I get from this thread is that if you're a billionaire, your decisions are brilliant covert maneuvers that only message board members can figure out but not other billionaires and that Kraft being a good owner means that he doesn't cave when he faces other billionaires. Got it. Seems so logical now.

Pretty smarmy Ray, especially given the fact that you clearly think the gesture was entirely insincere and in truth just an oblique and abstract jab at the Kommishiiner.

He could have saved a lot of money by simply calling out Goodell for the sh.t job he us doing.

You see, my point is he's smartewr than tghat.

Apparently[by consensus] I'm wrong and he's brainless and spineless and business people have just thrown billions of dollars at him because they pity him.

I'm sure the way to be successful is to be obvious so the message board crowd can cheer you own, as if you're spouting one liners from and Arnold movie.

I'm sure billionaires proven to have planned, oh let's say the acquisition of an NFL team over ten long years, are really dopes and the guys who swing their ****s and spit in your eye are the real heroes.

So, what I get from this thread is that if you're a billionaire, your decisions are brilliant covert maneuvers that only message board members can figure out but not other billionaires and that Kraft being a good owner means that he doesn't cave when he faces other billionaires. Got it. Seems so logical now.

I'd like to be a billionaire, wouldn't you?

Who cares? Veiled or not, his measily donation will hardly register on anyone's radar.
Why does this make him so smart?

Because he's established a charity that points out the low point of Goodell's career and goodell can't possibly do anything about it, unless he wants to come out in favor of domestic violence or, specifically, hitting ones future wife with a left hook and dragging her from an elevator/

I'd like to be a billionaire, wouldn't you?
Wow, you really need to get a grip. My desire to be rich has little to do with how I feel about people. You're selling your soul to worship at that altar. That's not how I want it if it requires blind obedience to them. I'm really shocked that you would be so easily swayed by a wallet.
What in the world does that have to do with Kraft's decision ?

Last edited:
Wow, you really need to get a grip. My desire to be rich has little to do with how I feel about people. You're selling your soul to worship at that alter. That's not how I want it if it requires blind obedience to them. I'm really shocked that you would be so easily swayed by a wallet.
What in the world does that have to do with Kraft's decision ?

But you believe there are lots of billionaires who are pushovers, am I wrong?

Look, I've been clear and now you're just trying to twist things to save face. I clearly implied if not stated that I don't think being a billionaire makes you *not* spineless. I also said that being a good owner and being spineless are not mutually exclusive. I asked you to give examples of his bravery and you come back with this lame attempt to try and corner me with this nonsense. Is this the foundation of your argument ? Sorry, I bail. You win. Kraft is not spineless and he's got the NFL on the run.

All I can say is think about what you're using to form your opinion. Have a good evening

Look, I've been clear and now you're just trying to twist things to save face. I clearly implied if not stated that I don't think being a billionaire makes you *not* spineless. I also said that being a good owner and being spineless are not mutually exclusive. I asked you to give examples of his bravery and you come back with this lame attempt to try and corner me with this nonsense. Is this the foundation of your argument ? Sorry, I bail. You win. Kraft is not spineless and he's got the NFL on the run.

All I can say is think about what you're using to form your opinion. Have a good evening

So, you can be spineless, yet amass 4.5 billion dollars in a competitive business. is that your position?

Who gives a **** if they respect him? He has a long term mission to remove goodell [in my opinion] and he is a long term thinker.

He bought a ****ty run down race track, then a piece of crap bankrupt stadium just so 10 years later, he could force an owner trying to buy out the stadium lease and move to St Louis, to sell him the team because he was fckin cornered and had no choice.

10 years.
This is so tiresome. So what about the 1990s shrewd business moves he made. Yes they were fantastic. But as to what happened with frame gate, so what? There is absolutely no evidence that he has a long term plan as to Goodell. In fact, he spent the last few years alienating owners and when Goodell went after the Pats he was all alone. If his long term plan was to curry favor with the Commish he failed miserably.

As I said, Kraft was acclaimed as the most influential owner in sports as recently as 2014 [fact check]. Goodell called him away from his sick wife, to settle the CBA which Goodell completely ****ed up. He did. All the very lucrative media contracts they'd all [especially ESPN] would love to get out of now - negotiated by Kraft

Yeah he messed up because the commissioner was insanewho cares who acclaimed Kraft as influential.

Obviously they were wrong. If fact, he should have been voted the most alienating owner because when it came to this issue he was ALONE among the owners.

And given the popularity of the league a 10 year old kid could have negotiated those TV contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST