PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dream Day 1 Senerio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Draft Manny Lawson, Bobby Carpenter or Tye Hill with first pick .. Second Round .. Maurice Stovall Third - Richard Marshall and the second third goes to the Saints for Dante Stallworth....

Not going to happen, but could wish....

Richard Marshall won't fall to us in the third, let alone to us in the second.

primetime said:
Richard Marshall won't fall to us in the third, let alone to us in the second.
I don't think Marshall is a lock to go as early as some here think. From Pro Football Weekly quoting a scout :

"I know there are some scouts who have first-round grades on (Fresno State CB) Richard Marshall, but I don’t know what they are looking at. He’s stiff. He will play, but I don’t ever see him being more than just a guy in the league. I have him graded in the third round."

My dream Day 1 scenario?

Beioli drafts the player they want in each round and makes the trades that will best help the team.

Makes It Fun

I like to watch some of the draft and compare to mock gurus. So my hope is Pats mix it up and make it fun.

I remember how the took the full clock time to pick Wilfolk when he landed in their lap. I was going nuts waiting.

Then last year mankins and Kiper saying we took him to early and he winds up being one of the most productive 1st rounders. Same with Hobbs saying we took to early but then he was fine.

With the pats the proof is in whether the picks get in to play first year. As they almost never get the big names lately it will be hard to jump up and down without on draft day until translation on field.

Find A good LB- Ted Johnson plus
Find A good Corner - hard without higher pick
Find a late round RB and WR- another Givens or Bronco'sTerrell Davis

pats1 said:
My dream Day 1 scenario?

Beioli drafts the player they want in each round and makes the trades that will best help the team.
Thats no fun!:D

pats1 said:
My dream Day 1 scenario?

You know what the problem with that is? You'll never know if your dream came true because "Beioli" will never tell you what they really wanted.

b72s said:
I remember how the took the full clock time to pick Wilfolk when he landed in their lap. I was going nuts waiting.

haha I remember being at a restaurant at the time & chanting "Wilfork!" over & over. Until they finally made him the pick & I could eat. :D

Wilfork was the 1st round pick that got me most excited in the BB/Pioli era.

Sean Pa Patriot said:
Draft Manny Lawson, Bobby Carpenter or Tye Hill with first pick .. Second Round .. Maurice Stovall Third - Richard Marshall and the second third goes to the Saints for Dante Stallworth....

Not going to happen, but could wish....

My dream would be Lawson in the first, and Kiwanuka in the second. Maybe BB can package some picks to move up to early in the 2nd round and grab Kiwi.

Jacky Roberts said:
My dream would be Lawson in the first, and Kiwanuka in the second. Maybe BB can package some picks to move up to early in the 2nd round and grab Kiwi.
Just wondering, what would we do with Lawson and Kiwanuka?

BelichickFan said:
I don't think Marshall is a lock to go as early as some here think. From Pro Football Weekly quoting a scout :

"I know there are some scouts who have first-round grades on (Fresno State CB) Richard Marshall, but I don’t know what they are looking at. He’s stiff. He will play, but I don’t ever see him being more than just a guy in the league. I have him graded in the third round."

Sounds familiar (Tom Brady, Deion Branch) and oh by the way Richard Seymour was a reach as well.

trade second fourth for stallworth...then....

Cromartie
Kiwi (trade up with first fourth)
Nance/ Drew in the third....

:D

Last edited:
nickw308810 said:
Just wondering, what would we do with Lawson and Kiwanuka?

Let them split time and give us tremendous young and fast depth on that DL. Cromartie/Kiwi would also be a nice two pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back