PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Game... Comment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anybody reads this:

I wanted Cason at #40. When he was gone, it was between Mayo and Smith. I preferred Mayo but went with Smith.

My question is whether or not Smith was even on anybodies radar for the second round and if I could have snagged him in the third.

Thanks.
I would have gone w/ Mayo, but I have this Man-Love thing going on with him. In terms of Smith, I would definitely thought of him for AZ pick. I would have gone for Charles instead. Mostly need, but I also think that Charles might have the best Pro career.

I would have gone w/ Mayo, but I have this Man-Love thing going on with him. In terms of Smith, I would definitely thought of him for AZ pick. I would have gone for Charles instead. Mostly need, but I also think that Charles might have the best Pro career.

It was a tough one. I like Mayo a lot. But, NO did get Vilma and Morgan. Fujita isn't all that bad. After getting Dorsey in the first, the D ships up quite a bit.

Their DBs are horrendous. Smith has equal capability at S or CB. If Mike MacKenzie can return, he's a CB. If not, he gets moved to S. Smith can pick up the slack at either. I really think I got value out of Smith, not just need. Lots of folks see him in the first, and he really is an unheralded monster.

I wanted Mayo, like I said. But after the way this draft has panned out, players similar to Mayo are more prevalent than players like Smith.

Thanks for replying, though. I tend to agree with you. I almost went TE, too. NO is tough to pick for, except for what I lucked into in the first.

EDIT: Plus, in reality, I could prolly expect to pick up a guy ligh Highsmith in the 5th or 6th. I know he's unfavorable to mockers, but he was killer at LSU and should be a productive prospect, in the correct scenario.

Last edited:
Bump, both for the game and my question.

There are a lot of folks with supreme opinions about 1-20, I'd like to hear from 20+

That would be?:
1- Doucet
2- Caldwell
If so, I'll make your choices. In the future you should PM choices so that you don't show your hand... Feel free (since I pick 10 spots ahead of you) to send them to me.
Jim

Very true. I only put my pick up because it was a no-brainer that Cleveland would take Tracy Porter and Miami would therefore take Tony Hills.

I took an OT higher than I had expected. However, Miami needs one quite badly and they were flying off the board. Hills has a lot of athleticism and is thought to have a pile of potential.

By consensus vote Tracy Porter to the Browns. I also selected Tony Hills, OT , Texas for Miami (gomezcat), according to his wishes. Jacksonville is up!

Thanks for sorting that out, btw.

Are we going to pick for the next pick or what?

Are we going to pick for the next pick or what?

I was gonna say let's give AC a little more time, but he was last online 1am today so he should've known to check in.

So let's start rattling off some names? Jags went OL in the 1st round.

I was gonna say let's give AC a little more time, but he was last online 1am today so he should've known to check in.

So let's start rattling off some names? Jags went OL in the 1st round.

I just gave AC a PM that he was up. Let's give him until 12:00. I would go best available DE, or OLB, maybe a corner... 1) Jackson. 2) Henderson. Something like that... I have a feeling that he'll be around for his pick.

I did it sorry it's been crazy at my house surprise house guest have limitied my time so far i'll try to be more prompt

I love the talent and upside Henderson has, but he has some injury concerns, too many for my liking. It was a straight choice between him and Mayo when I was picking.

If he can rid those injuries, he's got the talent to be as good as his brother, maybe better.

Problem 1:
As DGameguy just pointed out in the selection thread Cleveland traded pick 56 to Green Bay for Corey Williams. We voted Tracy Porter to them. Pick 56 should have been selected by patsfan55. Thankfully, there has only been two picks since so maybe we can sort this out before it gets out of hand.
Problem 2:
This might work in our favor. Indy selects next and chowda08 has not been on the board since 3/20. I had sent him a PM that he was on the clock, I have no idea if he received it.
I think we should temporarily halt the draft until we can reach out to patsfan55. I'll send him a PM now.

I just got a PM saying I'm up, am I in the right thread?

Chowda08 picked Xavier Adibi, LB, VPI. Now I don't know what to say. Is there a commish in the house? Maybe (please!), patsfan55 will think Tracy Porter is a good value as a nickleback/ cb in waiting...

Get one of the mods to lock the selections thread. We can decide what to do after they've done that.

What's wrong with Xavier Adibi?

What's wrong with Xavier Adibi?
Read from the top of the page. We were trying to put the draft on hold while we settled something (Clevelands trade of pick 56 to GB did not appear in our order).

I think that it is pretty ironic that we now have to vote for patsfan55 & Green Bay. It has been 20 hrs since I sent him the PM. With a DT & CB chosen they could basically go best available IMO. Sub- package receiver, 3rd down back, Guard, LB, you could even go w/ Henne as a developmental QB...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back