PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dr. Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eugene Chung

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
From his power rankings today:

"I wouldn't like to be wearing a New England uniform these days. Nope, I sure wouldn't. Plenty of people in Miami are madder than hell because Tom Brady came back into the contest to run the count up to 48. They meet again on Dec. 23, just two days before Christmas, a time traditionally devoted to exacting revenge."

Like Jason Taylor?

I read that and couldn't figure out if he was tongue-in-cheek or not.

I am guessing by mid December that most Miami players will be thinking about their plans for the offseason.

Dr. Z had this comment about the Jags:

Well, when I picked Jacksonville to beat the Bucs at Tampa Bay, I didn't know David Garrard was out, you see, and Quinn Gray would be the man. Maybe they'll listen to the astute analysis provided by Tony K. on Monday night ... "Why don't they just run on every play?" OK, so when the Bucs cram eight or nine or whatever into the box, the Jags counter with two or three tight ends, a fullback, a couple of burly cops and a bouncer or two. Mass meets mass, and pretty soon it'll look like the I-275 at 8 a.m. But it's a good way of taking the crowd out of the game. Right out of the stadium, actually. Who would want to watch something like this?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/dr_z/10/24/rankings.part1/index.html

Hey Dr. Z! At least Tony K knew the Jags were playing the Colts and not the Bucs on Monday night. Maybe that is why you picked the Jags to win the game.

Who cares what Dr. Z has to say. The old senile guy should just retire. He gets out picked on a near weekly basis by SI swimsuit model Brooklyn Decker.

Last edited:
From his power rankings today:

"I wouldn't like to be wearing a New England uniform these days. Nope, I sure wouldn't. Plenty of people in Miami are madder than hell because Tom Brady came back into the contest to run the count up to 48. They meet again on Dec. 23, just two days before Christmas, a time traditionally devoted to exacting revenge."

Like Jason Taylor?

Give me a fricken break. Talk about reaching.

Last edited:
i liked his comment on the jets

New York Jets (1-6)
The only thing keeping them from 0-7 is a win over Miami. There, I've gotten through my audition for ESPN. So how's it look? Do I get the job?

Miami scares me like Global Warming does...NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His tongue was in his cheek on this one:
What in insult! A 4-2 team listed as a 17-point underdog (to New England, of course). What a motivator for Joe Gibbs. I remember my senior year at Columbia, a 1-8 team playing Navy, the famous Team Named Desire that beat Ole Miss, 21-0, in the Sugar Bowl. They were favored by 38, which became a huge motivational spur for our coach, Lou Little. The players' reaction was mixed. "I think they'll cover," said my Buddy, Al. He was right. The Team Named Desire beat us as they desired, which was 51-6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back