PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Don't you feel better, getting that first loss out of the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brady199

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I know alot of people wanted that first loss out of the way, coming into the season. Is that what you were looking for? The pressure is certainly off now.

Not against Miami.:mad:

no, how can you feel better by losing at home 38-13 to a team who had one win last year?

well, the only way is up after that loss.

Pressure goes up, not down after losses.

there should not have been an pressure to go undefeated they did that last year and still came up short. why would there be pressure to win every game this year?

well at least we wont have to hear ay lunacy about 16-0 this year, or threads like "If the Patriots win the Super Bowl without Brady will that diminish him?"
maybe folks will be a tad more realistic about how good a team this is.
I can still see them getting their act together and putting together a solid 11-5 or 12-4 year. Remember, they opened 2003 with a 31-0 loss.

there should not have been an pressure to go undefeated they did that last year and still came up short. why would there be pressure to win every game this year?

No pressue to go undefeated, but pressure to beat the teams we are supposed to beat? Sure. We lose to SD, IND etc, thats acceptable. A loss to Miami? Not so much.

We came out flat, and stayed flat. Cassel never had time, RB never had holes, and the D looked as bad as they have in years.

Not against Miami, we should have won this game.

no, how can you feel better by losing at home 38-13 to a team who had one win last year?

Honestly, feels a little better than losing 17-14.

No pressue to go undefeated, but pressure to beat the teams we are supposed to beat? Sure. We lose to SD, IND etc, thats acceptable. A loss to Miami? Not so much.

We came out flat, and stayed flat. Cassel never had time, RB never had holes, and the D looked as bad as they have in years.

Not against Miami, we should have won this game.

the thread was not about how we should beat miami, everyone knows we should have. the thread was about the pressure of winning every game and how a loss takes some of it off. at least that is how i looked at it

well if you are saying that the super bowl loss was worse, well of course it was i think everyone would agree with that. that though does not make this loss feel good

well if you are saying that the super bowl loss was worse, well of course it was i think everyone would agree with that. that though does not make this loss feel good

No, I meant it feels better than a close one loser. That probably isn't going to resonate with very many here, but to me it helps the coaches spend two weeks on repairs. It also makes it clear something was "wrong" and it wasn't just flukey. I'm not even sure it gives haters any ammo. Something went horribly wrong on a D that looked amazing one Sunday ago.

To me, it'll be easier to face my Pats haters buddies and knowing the coaches will be going MENTAL sorting that mess out.

are you kidding? maybe if we lost to a good team by a small margin, then MAYBE. but losing 38-13 to the dolphins? it's not like we'll run the table the rest of the way, there are major concerns now. it's not like "oh, we got the loss out of the way, let's sweep everyone else and go 18-1 with a super bowl this time." no, they have a lot of problems they need to work out, especially on D.

I know alot of people wanted that first loss out of the way, coming into the season. Is that what you were looking for? The pressure is certainly off now.

Not when it's a loss in the division.

I'm as optimistic as it gets when it comes to cheering this team, but there's no way to feel better about anything after this game. How is THAT defense going to do against teams like Denver, San Diego, Pittsburgh, Indy, etc after getting lit up by MIAMI. On top of that, it's a division loss that could play a huge factor in the AFC east race. All you can do is wait till the next game. If we bounce back and beat a SF team that has displayed a potent offense lately THEN I will feel better. But definately not today.

Yeah, I stopped being mad sometime in the 3rd qtr, because it was clear for everyone to see, today just wasn't going to be our day.

I can't stand losing so, not really no. What makes it even worse is how we lost for me rather than who it was.

I pegged it as a loss late 3rd quarter so my pressure didn't go up exponentially like during the Ravens game for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes