Status
Not open for further replies.

mayoclinic

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Don Banks from SI posted this today regarding the Pat's offseason turnover:

The demise of the Patriots is greatly exaggerated - Don Banks - SI.com

I'm not a Banks fan by an means, but thought it was an interesting read. I personally think the Pats will be just fine, and may even benefit from bringing in some new blood and creativity. Pioli will undoubtedly be missed the most, but resiliency is our trademark and I'm sure the Pats will adjust. If only we could get someone to hire away Dean Pees too. :D

And, BTW (emphases mine):

3) The Patriots still have the game's best player in Tom Brady. I know lots of people have found reasons to get panicky about No. 12 since that fateful day his knee buckled last September. (Come to think of it, how will Pioli introduce himself to Chiefs safety Bernard Pollard?) But I'm just not a member of the doomsday club. I really believe Brady's going to come back and be Brady again. If not immediately, then very, very soon. In plenty of time for the 2009 Patriots to be OK. . . .

And in some ways, the Patriots, remarkably enough, are even better off for Brady going down. With Matt Cassel developing into a quarterback worthy of being slapped with New England's franchise tag, the Patriots are in position to auction him off in trade if they so deem, likely bringing much needed help for the defensive secondary.

Sounds about right. I'm not worried. After this past year, I'm not worried about anything..... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News