PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins waive Rhodes Scholar Channing Crowder

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
I had to laugh when a Miami newspaper talked about the Dolphins release of Channing Crowder, simply because they used his name and "IQ" in the same sentence, and not in a negative way.

Miami Dolphins lose 'football IQ' with departure of Channing Crowder | Sun Sentinel

My primary recollection of Crowder is twofold. First, saying with all his conviction that Michael Vick deserved to be the NFL MVP last year. Now if he had said this in the middle of the season I would understand, but that was not the case; Crowder made that statement at the very end of the regular season, when it was clear to anyone watching the game that there no longer was any question as to who the league's most valuable player was.

The next thing I think about when Crowder's name is mentioned is Matt Light. After running his mouth all game despite Miami being on the losing end of the game, and never getting past Light, Crowder was fortunate to depart with his head still attached to his neck after Light decided he had had enough of his mouth. Note to Crowder: if you are losing your individual battle and you are losing on the scoreboard, it's pretty dumb to trash talk.

Of course Crowder didn't just talk on the field; he is yet another on the list of defensive players that don't like being fined for hits on defenseless players. I think any defensive player that takes that stance should be forced to spend one day at an offensive skill position to see just how it feels to have eleven opposing players all trying to dismember you.

Crowder: "What's a roads collar?"

I wish someone would Photoshop Crowder's head on Rex Ryan's body before I start pulling my own hair,

I remember that. He ran away from Light while still jaw-boning. It was hilarious.

Watch Video Matt Light vs. Channing Crowder Fight at blinkx

that's it. Light ripped off his helmet and started whaling on him and he sprints way faster than Maurice Jones Drew. Both got ejected.

Be careful, though. He could come here. His last name fits as does his style of play.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe