PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dogs being lead by a leash...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdillon28

Rookie
Reaction score
When will the "old guard" come to their senses and stop being dogs lead on a leash by BB. I have finally had it. The PAts are 20 MILLION UNDER THE CAP and could not or should I say WOULD not give AV that extra $500K to keep him here. This SUCKS!!!
I'm starting to agree with Borges more and more each day. The PAts are acting like Jeremy JAcobs (yes JJ), and not like someone commited to winning. Maybe BB and SP are happy with the 3 Super Bowl Championships?When they WONT spend the extra 500k to sign mr clutch what kind of message are they sending to the rest of the league? Don't give me this crap about them not over spending on a player , becuase they would not have over spent on AV to get him signed.
I'm listening to the Score AM/FM in Providence right now and it seems that the majority of the fans feel the same way I do. I hope that most posters on this board start to question the Plan(?) that BB and SP have for this year.

In Bill I trust, but not today. :mad:

cdillon28 said:
When will the "old guard" come to their senses and stop being dogs lead on a leash by BB. I have finally had it. The PAts are 20 MILLION UNDER THE CAP and could not or should I say WOULD not give AV that extra $500K to keep him here. This SUCKS!!!
I'm starting to agree with Borges more and more each day. The PAts are acting like Jeremy JAcobs (yes JJ), and not like someone commited to winning. Maybe BB and SP are happy with the 3 Super Bowl Championships?When they WONT spend the extra 500k to sign mr clutch what kind of message are they sending to the rest of the league? Don't give me this crap about them not over spending on a player , becuase they would not have over spent on AV to get him signed.
I'm listening to the Score AM/FM in Providence right now and it seems that the majority of the fans feel the same way I do. I hope that most posters on this board start to question the Plan(?) that BB and SP have for this year.

Hey Barney Fife, calm down and quit twitching and shaking. It's March 22nd and the season doesn't start for 5 and 1/2 months.

cdillon28 said:

I don't like to use the word stupid when replying to other posters but I'll make an exception in this case.

sucks6.jpg

cdillon28 said:

Same song and dance, different thread.

cdillon28 said:
When they WONT spend the extra 500k to sign mr clutch what kind of message are they sending to the rest of the league?

Vinatieri was a God here. He was arguably the second most popular Patriot after Brady. Name another kicker on another team that is treated like a rock star. There is none. So I can blame AV for not thinking that his quality of life here was so good that he could leave $500,000 on the table.

Also, I am probable in the minority but if you told me I had to pick either Adam or Neil Rackers from Arizona – for the same money - as my kicker for 2006 and beyond I would take Rackers. Adam was great. He is still good but I have no issue with not overpaying him for what he did in 2001 against the Raiders and the Rams. AV will always have a palce in the hearts of New England Fans but he decided he wanted to move on for the money. I don't bear him any ill will but I also don't have any problem with the Pats for letting him go.

Folks....it was all the DOME.

Any other wild shots are just wasting all our time. The guy made a calculated decision made on the fact that his career would last longer and he would have better numbers in a dome.

shmessy said:
Folks....it was all the DOME.

Any other wild shots are just wasting all our time. The guy made a calculated decision made on the fact that his career would last longer and he would have better numbers in a dome.
I think you hit it on the head, with the possible exception of something not right inside the Patriots walls.

Attachments

• sucks7.jpg
    sucks7.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 76
shmessy said:
Hey Barney Fife, calm down and quit twitching and shaking. It's March 22nd and the season doesn't start for 5 and 1/2 months.
One other thing Barney, please don't put that one bullet in your gun, your under a little too much stress right now to properly handle firearms.

cdillon28 said:

What do you do when you have a player who doesn't want to be with your team anymore? Adam was gone a month before FA started if not sooner. It's highly unlikely that an extra "500k" would have done the trick, however it does make good copy for the media heads doesn't it?! :rolleyes:
That he chose one of our #1 rivals does twist the knife a bit but you move on. The Pats made him an offer that would pay him top money but he wanted to finish his career elsewhere. Remember how crazy we all were when the Pats hung on to Ken Walter? (speculation at the time, was for his holding for Adam that we did so) How happy are we now to get the field postition edge back with Josh? Now we may have lost the clutch 30yder with Adam, maybe next year we'll be saying that we've gained more touchbacks! Or at least a younger, longer leg? Let's see what happens when Spring training begins. Whatever has caused you to think over the past 6-7yrs that BB and company have lost their competitve edge? Are you serious? IMO BB and Brady are two of the more competitive football people currently involved with this sport. Always hungry, always thinking ahead, always planning. What the Pat's organization has accomplished since BB was hired has been a pure joy to watch and I'm looking forward to many more years of the same!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft