PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does this just make too much sense? (Andre Johnson wants out of Houston)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bourne Again Christian

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Reportedly Andre Johnson hungry for a Superbowl has publically reported his dismay and is planning to skip otas and all team activities.
Mallett for Johnson really this makes to much sense not to happen doesn't it?

This 4,000th Mallet trade scenario was worth another thread?

Bring Back Ignore Thread!

You are joking right? Or can we throw in Bequette and get Watt too?

There is no Mallet to Houston any more, they chose Savage.

Sure, makes plenty of sense for NE. For HOU, not so much.

Reportedly Andre Johnson hungry for a Superbowl has publically reported his dismay and is planning to skip otas and all team activities.

Okay, this has some potential! A long shot maybe, but crazier things have happened, let's see what his proposal is:

Mallett for Johnson

c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg

I'm guessing Houston does not want to take on nearly $12 million of dead money to their cap by trading their best player on offense.

With this attitude ?? BB loves it.

I'd be more interested in checking whether Mallett in Houston would make Johnson any happier. I don't think the money adds up on either side for a Mallett-Johnson trade. The Texans would take on eight-figure dead money, while the Pats already have money invested in three WRs and can't save any by cutting or trading any of them.

Quickest way to kill a Thread is to let it drop off the front page.

Someone very nice made a thread about an article that went into great depth about the inherent unpredictability of the NFL Draft that's gotten no replies.. ;)

Still one has to wonder how much McDaniels and Belichick O'Brien might have in him. Imagine what might be in Johnson's future if he was playing for either of them.

Never would happen.

#1- Houston wouldn't give him up for just Mallett, probably would take additional draft picks
#2- Haven't looked at Johnson's contract but i'm guessing unless he agrees to restructure there is no way Pats could get him in under the cap
#3- Don't think Houston would trade him to someone in the conference

Andre Johnson has a load of a contract left: $6.5M in 2014, 10.5M in 2015, $11M in 2016. He gets a $1M workout bonus for showing up at required camps. He's a good deal in 2014 at 32, but after that, he was going to get cut or re-work his deal anyway.

I'd sit still until O'Brien cuts him, which is what he has to do. These knuckleheads who think they can stare down a new head coach just don't get it.

It would cost us mallett plus 2015 first rounder. It sounds tempting.

in a stunning three way trade, the 49's get johnson, the ravens get crabtree, and the texans get two 3rd round picks(one from ravens, one from 49's)

it could happen

It makes sense for us if they cut him. A trade would be difficult.

Mallet + Amendola + 4th rd pick

for

Andre Johnson + 5th rd pick

I know its not a fair trade but its better than nothing for both teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft