PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does ESPN hate the Pats THAT much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PShwa

Rookie
Reaction score
on their 2007 year in review show, they had the deaths in the sports world segment, and it was in alphabetical order. Everyone is there; writers, Sean Taylor, Darrent Williams, Damien Nash...

yeah..

..no Marquise Hill.

got skipped right over

Yeah, I know theres a thread and I already posted in it, but I felt this needed to be easier to see.

to answer the thread question:

"Yes. And it's an honor."

They honored Hill at the time. You probably didn't see it because there wasn't any reason to watch ESPN. I'm sure if Hill died during the season, you would have seen it.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm pretty sure that ESPN is so angry about a team that gives them such high ratings that they deliberately went out of their way to dishonor a dead man by leaving him off of a list.

Are you ******ed?

Well they DID NOT mention his name, when they did mention the others. makes you wonder

Well they DID NOT mention his name, when they did mention the others. makes you wonder

The only thing that makes me wonder is the fact that people actually consider this sort of conspiracy BS to have any basis in reality.

Like there is some programming director in ESPN who is like 'Naw man, screw the Patriots, Belichick was mean to Tom Jackson so we just won't mention this one guy who died it's his own fault for being on that team.'

That's much more likely than the fact that Marquise never made much of an impact probably had something to do with ESPN plain forgetting to add him to the list.

ok so he wasnt the best player, i guess that means his life is not worth remembering. try to tell that to the patriots players. you would prob get the hell beat out of you if you tried that.

They probably didn't honor Damien Nash either. Probably because neither guy played much. ESPN is all Pats all the time. I'm not sure where you're getting it from that ESPN doesn't like them.

They probably didn't honor Damien Nash either. Probably because neither guy played much. ESPN is all Pats all the time. I'm not sure where you're getting it from that ESPN doesn't like them.

I am not so sure about that. Sure, they do talk about the Patriots a lot, but it is not always very positive. Tom Jackson, Hoge, Emmitt Smith, Mike Ditka can't wait to slam the team whenever they get the chance. Berman, Young, and Keyshawn are pretty complimentary whille Parcells usually just talks specifics and honestly doesn't seem biased one way or the other about the team. In my opinion ESPN is a sports network that suffers from a horrible habit of creating the news. Sure other media outlets are guilty of this as well, but as far as 24 hour cables sports goes, I feel ESPN thinks it can say or do whatever it wants. What else are sports fans going to watch at any given hour of the day? They need competition in the worst way.

Nash was on there.

And no, I don't prescribe to this conspiracy theory. It looks to me like an unfortunate oversight, hopefully something they will rectify if they run that segment in the next few weeks.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that ESPN is so angry about a team that gives them such high ratings that they deliberately went out of their way to dishonor a dead man by leaving him off of a list.

Are you ******ed?

well, with all the ratings come viewers. wouldn't all these viewers want to know what the 91 decal on the pats helmet is about. espn has always slighted the pats and as long as all those new yorkers work there, they always will.

Are you ******ed?

It was a joke. Obviously they arent doing it because they hate the Pats, but you gotta wonder.

Sarcasm and calling someone ******ed is so mature, buddy.

How do you leave someone out like that, though? Ridiculous.

Some of you guys are so anti-conspiracy. Obviously its not a conspiracy, but we can talk about if they leave our guy out.

At least its not a Maroney thread, ****.

It speaks to the laziness and ineptness of ESPN to forget Hill given that all the Pats players have like had 91 on their helmuts all season. DUH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes