PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does anyone else have superstitious?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a big Doctor Who fan and I have a TADRIS toy that makes its distinctive takeoff/landing sound. Whenever the Pats score or get a big INT, sack or fumble recovery, I hit the button to make TARDIS sound. It's become a big hit with my group of friends who come over to watch the games on Sunday.

The TARDIS Sound Effect - YouTube

Last edited:
Yes, of course, that's it! It's so obvious; the game was not decided by effort, execution, game planning or athleticism.

The outcome of the game was determined by a patch; how could we be so blind to not see this?

Obviously the Pats should have worn a patch with her favorite number, or perhaps her birthdate instead. Had they done this we surely would all still be reveling about yesterday's victory - the curse works only with letters, not numbers!

How could the team possibly be so stupid to wear a patch with initials on it? That insidious patch made the Pats win enough games in the regular season to give them two home playoff games, and then two playoff wins as part of its sinister plan to cruelly play with our emotions, all while diabolically scheming a way for the Giants to win in the last minute of play.

The reason the Patriots lost is so obvious, I can't believe nobody figured it out. Thank you for cracking the code. Ernie Adams will be sure to take note for future reference.

guinness-brilliant.jpg

Nope, nothing to do with the patch.

The reason was......me. I went to a game and apparently, I shouldn't be doing this. I went to the Ravens game in 2007, we all saw how that season ended up. I went to opening day in 2008, we don't need any reminders of what happened there. This year, I went to the Redskins game.

Next year I am staying the hell home.

I read an article about Saturn, Jupiter and Neptune aligned just perfectly on the eve of the Super Bowl causing a mind-altering effect on the Patriots players.

Subsequently, causing Brady to make his throws a little off......Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, Branch distracted while trying to concentrate while catching routine passes leading to uncharacteristic drops......making Sterling Moore loose depth perception and play Manningham 12 yards off the LOS..........and rendering our prize FA OchoCinco invisible in a game....wait a minute nevermind that one

Seriously they lost the game because the team as a whole made several mistakes and didnt come up with the plays when they needed them. I will say I wish our luck was as unflappable as the Giants. But we had some when Cudiff missed the FG to propel us to the big stage to begin with.

I don't know about superstitious but there's a whole lot of superstupid going on in this thread...
rofl.gif

I don't know about superstitious but there's a whole lot of superstupid going on in this thread...
rofl.gif

that about sums it up for me....

There were many people saying that her spirit was guiding the team to success. If you believe that isn't is possible that the spirit could work other ways?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST