PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Doctor never cleared RG3 to return to game despite what Shanahan said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's now officially Shannygate. His life as he knew it is over. This is going to be a huge scandal.

Wait til Snyder weighs in.

Shanny is teflon....caught twice for cheating the salary cap and still have your reputation in tact....this to will slide off....especially if RGIII knee injury is not as bad as it appeared.

Last edited:
Being down here in DC, you get to hear all the Skins stuff on sports talk radio. Apparently Shanahan was saying RG3 was 100% and full speed in practice (without a brace) and thus implying that the brace was the issue in his play the last couple games (when it was clear just by watching that he was not 100%). Given what happened (going down twice without contact) you have to wonder a. what exactly the injury was because the grade 1 MCL sprain they claimed it was is a 2-4 week injury. He should have been significantly better by now and he clearly wasn't.

Anyway, the fallout from this should be enough to keep the talking heads around here busy until the draft.

Painful to watch him playing with this injury. Have to question Shanahan's priorities here.

Agreed. It became pretty obvious that RGIII was ineffective -- probably because of his injury. This is the playoffs, you do whatever you have to as a HC to win.
I heard some mediots saying RGIII had earned the right to keep playing. For me I just don't understand a playoff mentality like that. Take him out, let 'em heal, hopefully he is ready for the next game, get the win this week and stay alive. Seems pretty elemental to me for a HC to think this way. I don't know, maybe there is more to a HC's decision than as easy as this one seemed to be by the third quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft