PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dobson and Thompkins both travel to Denver

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlainOldEd

In the Starting Line-Up
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Cool. At the very least they can take turns running decoy roots deep for the cause.

Good news, I imagine at least one of them will play. One of the most annoying things I've been hearing all week is that the Pats have to run because they have nobody to throw the ball to. Don't they remember that Brady throws to whoever is open? But anyway, it will be nice to have them back.

Source: Aaron Dobson is traveling with the Patriots to Denver | masslive.com

Without Dobson and Thompkins, 'whoever is open' is 2.5 people -- Edelman, amendola, and ridley (.5). Having a capable wideout would help a lot.

Without Dobson and Thompkins, 'whoever is open' is 2.5 people -- Edelman, amendola, and ridley (.5). Having a capable wideout would help a lot.

Vereen had 47 rec 427 yards 3 rec TD in 8 games

Vareen, Whoman, Collie? None of them are superstars (maybe Vareen), but they can all catch.

Both will likely be game time decisions but still good news that they were able to travel. Hopefully its not just a decoy.

Well this is good news. It doesn't mean that Dobson will play, but he sure as hell can't play if he doesn't get on the plane. Having him on the field will help the O in several key ways.
GOOD NEWS!

They will both catch a deep ball, one on Jam and one on Drc.

I'd rather have them healthy than not but I can't remember the last time either was a factor- maybe Pittsburgh. Truth is, whoever they have run deep will get covered, they could have Slater run and somebody would cover him. Unless they can actually take advantage and catch a ball it's not much use. Thus far, and I've seen every game, I'm not convinced they're worth taking a shot downfield. They're just too inconsistent.

If I'm listing the 11 best players the pats have on offense that doesn't include Dobson or Thompkins. Where I think they help is in the red zone where they can bring size over the Pats other options.

go 4 wide, brady under center, blount in the backfield run it up the gut 60 times.

go 4 wide, brady under center, blount in the backfield run it up the gut 60 times.

That would not be very fair to one of my new favorite Pats Mr. Develin. Go 4 wide, Brady under center, Blount in the backfield and run it up the gut 45 times. The other 15 go 3 wide. The man deserves 15 snaps. :D

I'd rather have them healthy than not but I can't remember the last time either was a factor- maybe Pittsburgh. Truth is, whoever they have run deep will get covered, they could have Slater run and somebody would cover him. Unless they can actually take advantage and catch a ball it's not much use. Thus far, and I've seen every game, I'm not convinced they're worth taking a shot downfield. They're just too inconsistent.

If I'm listing the 11 best players the pats have on offense that doesn't include Dobson or Thompkins. Where I think they help is in the red zone where they can bring size over the Pats other options.

this post reminds me of ...
Rotten Bums

It was a steady dose of the run that set up the play-action ball to Amendola. 80+ yards it was. :D

Run it often and run it hard, changing out the backs every few plays. BUT..... keep Dobson, Collie or Thompkins running the deep post every damned play, changing them out too, to make Denver honor it. Eventually the Broncos D will loosen up and Brady will hit one of those WR's for a ton of yards and/or a TD.

........If I'm listing the 11 best players the pats have on offense that doesn't include Dobson or Thompkins. Where I think they help is in the red zone where they can bring size over the Pats other options.

Would you care to list your 11?

:bricks:

Good news, I imagine at least one of them will play. One of the most annoying things I've been hearing all week is that the Pats have to run because they have nobody to throw the ball to. Don't they remember that Brady throws to whoever is open? But anyway, it will be nice to have them back.

Source: Aaron Dobson is traveling with the Patriots to Denver | masslive.com

I had a dream that Dobson catches the game winning touchdown in the back of the end zone with no time on the clock.

Or how about this one...

The Pats lead 24-20 and the Broncos have it inside the 15 with only a few seconds left. Manning throws the ball to Thomas in the end zone and has it picked off, but there is flag because it looks like the TE was held. Denver is going to get a chance to run another play with no time on the clock, but then the zebra picks up the flag and the game is over.

I had a dream that Dobson catches the game winning touchdown in the back of the end zone with no time on the clock.

If it comes down to that I may die of heart failure..... ;)

Denver is going to get a chance to run another play with no time on the clock, but then the zebra picks up the flag and the game is over.

The chance of that ever happening in Denver is 0.0%

Whatever you think of him, an active AD is quite significant. The idea of shutting down the Pars running game and forcing Brady to throw outside isn't as easy when your secondary is weak and a bigger outside threat is back in the arsenal. They have to account for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes