PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you want the Patriots and Wilfork to reconcile their differences?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you want the Patriots and Wilfork to reconcile?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes you wonder, what the heck are the Patriots planning to do with all the cap space, they got Revis for just $7M against the cap.

Big moves are coming. The Revis thing was in the works for a while. As was the other big plan. They are freeing up cap space for a trade for Larry Fitz. He just restructured his deal to lessen the cap hit for this upcoming year. Now the pats are freeing up what they can and then BAM! This is the "ALL IN" year!!!

I wish there to be no bad blood but I don't want Vince taking up that much cap either. Divorce and draft Aaron Donald pls.

Any way to trade up and get Dennard? I'd rather get more D Backs.

Big moves are coming. The Revis thing was in the works for a while. As was the other big plan. They are freeing up cap space for a trade for Larry Fitz. He just restructured his deal to lessen the cap hit for this upcoming year. Now the pats are freeing up what they can and then BAM! This is the "ALL IN" year!!!

Larry Fitzgerald is not available for trade; he restructured for the team.

I initially thought they could reconcile but what is the point if Wilfork is going to be unhappy all season? (I'm assuming he'll be unhappy based upon all his prior actions) If he's on the team he needs to be a leader and if he's unhappy I think it will have a negative impact on the team. Just my 2 cents.

This is Vince playing at 325:

Vince Wilfork Destroys a Nole - YouTube

I agree, it's pretty clear that even when he was noticeably slimmed down in 2012, he was still much heavier than that.

Yeah I'm not sure about you but I have added some weight since I was a senior in college and I'm not even an NFL nose guard. Wilfork is a big man, look at Dontari Poe who weighed 346 at the combine compared to Wilfork, or Nix who also weighed 340+.

a6yge5u5.jpg

eda3a7ab.jpg

This situation is breaking my heart. For YEARS (Brady aside) Big Vince has been my favourite Pat. The guy is so awesome, not one thing i don't love about his game or the way he handles himself.

God i hope they can come to an agreement.

The only way to reconcile with Wilfork is to guarantee his entire 2014 salary.
If he doesn't play one series of downs, he gets 8 million dollars. If he is
able to play, he'll want to be a free agent in 2015. This means franchising him to keep him and he'll be ticked off again.
At this stage of his career, Vince Wilfork would not be upset with being franchised. In fact, I think he would be plenty happy to play another year at his current deal. It is only because that is an impossibility that he is asking to be cut now instead of making him wait.

0bb69f87_954-not-sure-if-serious.jpeg

I think Wilfork won't take a paycut or an extension. That's why he wants to be released. I don't blame him, but I can't blame the Pats in this situation either.

We don't even know if Wilfork can be 75% of his normal self coming off such a serious injury at his age.

If Wilfork is willing to accept less money, then yes I'd welcome him back because I think he has been a great player for us and might have a couple of years left in the tank.

But right now, this team is focused on getting better and really winning it ALL this year. We can't afford to pay a cap hit of 11.5m to a walking wounded player. Sadly, I think this will the last we see of Wilfork in a Patriots uniform. Barring of course a 1 day contract, so he can retire as a Pat sometime in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes