PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do You Realize What A SB Win Next Year Means????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. You know even though he will never admit it that Brady wants an unreal number of rings. He was probably so happy to hit 5 and deep down it made up for those brutal ten years that he might see as wasted ring possibilities. If he hits 6 next year, he will want 7.

I think 5 has been on his mind for years, deep down.

Q: "Tell me Mr Brady, what is the most important Super Bowl Ring to you" ?
TB12 " THE NEXT ONE".

And if Tom ends in perfect symmetry as to how he started ( 3 of first 4 AND 3 of last 4) he will retire and Jimmy will take over in 2018. Tom's succession plan is the first question that has to be answered before the rest of the dominos fall this off season

I think Tom's successor is still playing in college (or maybe high school)!

Jimmy G's trade value is peaking, so I think he's gone this Spring while the Pats continue to coach up Jacoby. In a few years, Jacoby will be traded for more assets as well.

I don't think a healthy Tom will stop if we actually get back to the SB and win it.

If they won a SB next year, it actually creates a perfectly symmetric career arc:

3 of 4 wins
2 missed Super Bowls
Super Bowl loss
3 missed Super Bowls <---- this is the midway point
Super Bowl loss
2 missed Super Bowls
3 of 4 wins

Not that I expect next year is the final year for Brady :D

That's a great way to look at it overall. I bet it would make a nice colored graph too. :)

All kidding aside, that career arc is so incredible that it's mind numbing. It reminds me of the last SB win because it leaves me speechless. We really are lucky.

When I first saw that picture I thought it was a dig at the last time Jest fans celebrated a SB win.
Wow, you're right. When the Jets last won we hadn't been to the moon yet...

What's the most winds in 10 years? We may have already beat the 49ers on this one.
Just responding to this, the 49ers best 10-year streak (I'm not including playoffs in this) is 1989-1998, they won 123 games in that stretch. Pretty impressive...

That is until you look at the Patriots, who now have five streaks of 10 years that match or better that total. 2002-2011 (123 wins) kicks things off, then 2003-2012 hits 126, which is the highest in history - matched this year for their record from 2007-2016.

For the 2017 Patriots to match that record they'll need to go 16-0 (since 2007 is the year that will drop off)...some motivation for the team next year :)

It means 3 SB wins in 4 years... Just like how we started in the brady era. I haven't seen this talked about much at all so I was just wondering if I'm the only one pondering this thought..... If you needed extra motivation/desire for the 6th, this is it. A continuation of the dynasty.

Dynasty II

Just responding to this, the 49ers best 10-year streak (I'm not including playoffs in this) is 1989-1998, they won 123 games in that stretch. Pretty impressive...

That is until you look at the Patriots, who now have five streaks of 10 years that match or better that total. 2002-2011 (123 wins) kicks things off, then 2003-2012 hits 126, which is the highest in history - matched this year for their record from 2007-2016.

For the 2017 Patriots to match that record they'll need to go 16-0 (since 2007 is the year that will drop off)...some motivation for the team next year :)

But if they lose less than 5 games in the next two seasons combined...they will beat the 126 mark lol

Definitely doable I think...that's nuts

If they won a SB next year, it actually creates a perfectly symmetric career arc:

3 of 4 wins
2 missed Super Bowls
Super Bowl loss
3 missed Super Bowls <---- this is the midway point
Super Bowl loss
2 missed Super Bowls
3 of 4 wins

Not that I expect next year is the final year for Brady :D

Make it so!

Honestly I don't think Brady would retire if he won another Super Bowl next year.

You never know.

Goodell and the NFL* have tried treachery to no avail, maybe they'll try bribery.

"Tom, we will return all draft picks and fines that we have stolen from the Pats, and will give the Pats additionally 1st round picks, in the middle of the round, for the next five years, and all you have to is agree to retire.

Please leave so my Rats have a chance at a Superbowl !!! "

• What's the most winds in 10 years?

72, 756. That was before I cut back on the Baked Beans.
th_coffee.gif

It means 3 SB wins in 4 years... Just like how we started in the brady era. I haven't seen this talked about much at all so I was just wondering if I'm the only one pondering this thought..... If you needed extra motivation/desire for the 6th, this is it. A continuation of the dynasty.

My friends and I have been talking about this for months, it would be the perfect accomplishment for the second half of the Brady/Belichick era.

I said this already in another thread but if Brady takes the Patriots back to the Super Bowl in 2017 it will mean that he has led them to 20 Championship games. 12 AFCC Games and 8 Super Bowls. That is insane. Montana had 10, 6 NFCC Games and 4 Super Bowls.

Premature quantification of avian farmstock

Let's at least get into the season and make sure we have a team before getting this giddy about doing something for a third time in 4 years most teams don't pull off once

I also kind of like the symmetry.
Win 3 of 4
Lose 2
Win 3 of 4

Premature quantification of avian farmstock

Let's at least get into the season and make sure we have a team before getting this giddy about doing something for a third time in 4 years most teams don't pull off once
Welcome to the Board.
The posters who are saying this aren't inclined to be "giddy" about much. They've been through thick and thin with Brady and this team...some of us going way back before Brady. I don't think any of us need to be lectured on how difficult it is to win an SB.

6-2 in superbowls sounds way better than anything else.

Welcome to the Board.
The posters who are saying this aren't inclined to be "giddy" about much. They've been through thick and thin with Brady and this team...some of us going way back before Brady. I don't think any of us need to be lectured on how difficult it is to win an SB.
Thank you for your welcome.

I don't mean anything in particular, I just feel the proper time for this discussion is when we at least look good for a playoff berth next season. This conversation taking place before any football has been played just feels presumptive from my outsider's perspective.

We will walk right back into the Super Bowl again next year.

Steelers can't beat us. Ben thinking about retirement tells me his heart isn't in it anymore. He'll play next year to pick up that massive pay check, but he lost his fire.

KC is dangerous at home, but they won't get HFA over us.

Miami might beat us when they're motivated and we have nothing to play for in week 17, but don't expect them to upset us in the playoffs.

Texans are anchored at mediocre-status by Osweilers contract.

If the Broncos get Tony Romo and he's able to stay healthy, they could get HFA and beat us in Denver, but that's it. There's also rumors they might have to cut Aqib Talib due to his contract. Let's wait and see, but I'm not worried! Romo is fragile and his injuries seem to be reoccurring.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents