PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do any of our draft choices remind you of past Pats' picks ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruthSeeker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Dobson reminds me of one of my favorite Pat's picks, Hart Lee Dykes, hopefully his career doesn't follow the same path.

Hart Lee Dykes highlights - YouTube

Josh Boyce reminds me of Irving Fryar with his RB build at WR, hopefully he follows Fryar's career path, minus the drama and off field problems.

IRVING FRYAR 80YARDTD - YouTube

Collins ? I don't think the Pats have drafted a guy with his measurables, so tough to compare, though BB compares him to Hightower.

I meant "past" Pat's picks, don't know how to edit the subject.

Collins ? I don't think the Pats have drafted a guy with his measurables, so tough to compare, though BB compares him to Hightower.

Shawn Crable but can actually play football. Hoping Collin is the real deal.

Logan Ryan reminds me of a slower Devin McCourty.

Collins reminds me of Chris Slade.

I know Moss was not a Patriots draft pick but I agree with the obvious Randy Moss - Andrew Dobson comparison more generally.

Clearly it's unlikely that Dobson will ever be as good as Moss (only a handful of receivers ever have been or ever will be), but their running style, the way they get off the line, their build are all quite similar.

Dobson also has that long stride that looks slow on TV but makes it hard for DBs to keep up. He also has the long arms and lengthy build and the way Moss and Dobson change direction on the field also look quite similar.

Anyway, sorry for talking off topic.

As far as the draftee comparisons- I think the most obvious one is Duron Harmon/Tavon Wilson simply in that both were unexpected picks of players that most people hadn't heard of in the same position.

Buchanan, reminds me of Dennard. A very good player who slipped to the seventh mostly due to off field concerns.

Dobson reminds me of Stanley steamer. Collins of Tippett maybe mcgrew. Ryan a lot of ty law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents