PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What current players do our draft picks remind you of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I hear of Taylor price, the whole situation brings to mind David Givens circa 2002. Similar size with very good measurables but mediocre college production blamed on poor QB play and scheme.

BB clearly is trying to do the same thing with Gronkowski/Hernandez that he tried with Graham/Watson in 2003/4. An inline tight-end and a move tight end who both present receiving threats and are both good blockers within the confines of what they are asked to do (i.e. Hernandez will be blocking LBs and Safeties, not DEs). If you can get that right it really puts the defense in a bind. Didn't work exactly as envisioned the first time around, but maybe the second time will be the charm. I'm encouraged that both players are lauded for their hands, which were both Watson and Graham's biggest problem.

Spikes will play the Ted Johnson role, while Guyton moves into the Roman Phifer role, instead of being asked to do both.

We picked McCourty to get Wilhite off the field and cut Wheatly.

Dunno on Cunningham - my least favorite pick of the draft. Recent Florida DEs have a terrible track record.

The rest seem like typical late round fliers. Nothing wrong with that - the more s**t you throw at the wall, the more likely at least some will stick. And you can't go wrong with a punter named Zoltan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes