PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Disney investors more concerned about ESPN's decline than the hit of Star Wars: Rogue One

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ferengi are in the Star Trek - not Star Wars universe, but I thought their Rules of Acquisition are relevant. They are probably posted at the NFL offices.

1. Once you have their money ... never give it back.
  2. Never pay more for an acquisition than you have to.
  3. Never allow family to stand in the way of opportunity.
  4. A man is only worth the sum of his possessions.
  5. Keep your ears open.
  6. Small print leads to large risk. (Same with Article 46)
  7. Opportunity plus instinct equals profit.
  8. Greed is eternal.
  9. Anything worth doing is worth doing for money.
  10. A deal is a deal ... until a better one comes along.
  11. A contract is a contract is a contract (but only between Ferengi).
  12. A Ferengi without profit is no Ferengi at all.
  13. Satisfaction is not guaranteed.
  14. Never place friendship above profit.
  15. A wise man can hear profit in the wind.
  16. Nothing is more important than your health--except for your money.
  17. There's nothing more dangerous than an honest businessman.
  18. Never make fun of a Ferengi's mother ... insult something he cares about instead.
  19. It never hurts to suck up to the boss.
  20. War is good for business.
  21. Peace is good for business.
  22. She can touch your lobes but never your latinum.
  23. Profit is its own reward.
  24. Never confuse wisdom with luck.
  25. Expand, or die.
  26. Don't trust a man wearing a better suit than your own.
  27. The bigger the smile, the sharper the knife.
  28. Females and finance don't mix.
  29. Never ask when you can take.
  30. Good customers are as rare as latinum -- treasure them.
  31. There is no substitute for success.
  32. Free advice is seldom cheap.
  33. Keep your lies consistent.
  34. The riskier the road, the greater the profit.
  35. Win or lose, there's always Hyperian beetle snuff.
  36. Home is where the heart is ... but the stars are made of latinum.
  37. Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
  38. Beware of the Vulcan greed for knowledge.
  39. The flimsier the product, the higher the price.
  40. Never let the competition know what you're thinking.
  41. Ask not what your profits can do for you, but what you can do for your profits.
  42. Females and finances don't mix.
  43. Enough ... is never enough.
  44. Every man has his price. (DS9 season 6, episode 19 - "In the Pale Moonlight")
  45. Trust is the biggest liability of all.
  46. Nature decays, but latinum lasts forever.
  47. Sleep can interfere with profit. (DS9 season 2, episode 7 - "Rules of Acquisition")
  48. Faith moves mountains ... of inventory.
  49. There is no honour in poverty.
  50. Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  51. Treat people in your debt like family ... exploit them.
  52. Never have sex with the boss's sister.
  53. Always have sex with the boss.
  54. You can't free a fish from water.
  55. Everything is for sale, even friendship.
  56. Even a blind man can recognize the glow of latinum.
  57. You can't make a deal if you're dead. (DS9 season 7, episode 8 - "The Siege of AR-558")
  58. Wives serve, brothers inherit.
  59. Only fools pay retail.
  60. There's nothing wrong with charity ... as long as it winds up in your pocket.
  61. Even in the worst of times someone turns a profit.
  62. Whisper your way to success. (DS9 season 7, episode 9 - "Covenant")
  63. Know your enemies ... but do business with them always.
  64. Not even dishonesty can tarnish the shine of profit.
  65. Let others keep their reputation. You keep their money.
  66. Hear all, trust nothing.
  67. Never cheat a Klingon ... unless you're sure you can get away with it.
  68. It's always good business to know about new customers before they walk in the door.
  69. The justification for profit is profit.
  70. New customers are like razortoothed grubworms. They can be succulent, but sometimes they can bite back.
  71. Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer.
  72. Employees are rungs on the ladder of success. Don't hesitate to step on them.
  73. Never begin a negotiation on an empty stomach.
  74. You can't free a fish from water.
  75. Always know what you're buying.
  76. Beware the man who doesn't make time for oo-mox.
  77. Latinum lasts longer than lust.
  78. You can't buy fate.
  79. Never be afraid to mislabel a product.
  80. More is good ... all is better.
  81. A wife is a luxury ... a smart accountant is a necessity.
  82. A wealthy man can afford anything except a conscience.
  83. Never allow doubt to tarnish your love of latinum.
  84. When in doubt, lie.
  85. Deep down everyone's a Ferengi.
  86. No good deed ever goes unpunished.
  87. [Quark's rule] When Morn leaves, it's all over.

Because ESPN has been a continual and steady source of income. Movies come and go very quickly (couple months + merchandise and then video release 6ish months later) and only provide that revenue for a year.

My wife and I just cut the cord on ESPN a few days ago, we cut our cable bill in half getting rid of so much stuff.. Now I use SlingTV and I'm able to get a lot of the channels that cable was offering that I watched.

Between Netflix, Sling and HBO we have everything we need.. we could even get Hulu if we wanted to get crazy.. but I had a huge smile on my face when I went to the ESPN channel after we lowered services and saw that it wasn't in our package anymore

My wife and I just cut the cord on ESPN a few days ago, we cut our cable bill in half getting rid of so much stuff.. Now I use SlingTV and I'm able to get a lot of the channels that cable was offering that I watched.

Between Netflix, Sling and HBO we have everything we need.. we could even get Hulu if we wanted to get crazy.. but I had a huge smile on my face when I went to the ESPN channel after we lowered services and saw that it wasn't in our package anymore

I would drop ESPN if I could, I think its in the basic cable package. The over head to keep ESPN going must be massive. Its definitely lost its luster.

The ESPN product has become more about flash and less about substance.

I think the audience has realized this and found alternative ways to obtain the substance.

Yeah, those NY scumbag media jerkoffs will have to jettison their precious Jet seat licenses and move out of Khakum Wood in Greenwich after hitching their stupid faces to Goodell's rectum since 2006.

The rights to broadcast live sports cost cable companies a collective $16 billion last year, according to a report from PricewaterhouseCoopers — up 50 percent from 2011. That figure is expected to grow another 30 percent by 2020.

I don't know anything about economics but I don't see how this is possible. The time is coming when BSPN will no longer be able to afford to pay the NYJFL* what it's paying them currently. NYJFL* is going to have to accept that broadcasters aren't going to be able to pay as much anymore. But they won't, the NYJFL* will find a way to further create suffering in our society just so they can make more money. The corrupt 32 need to be jailed. They're ****ing up America, and soon the cancer will spread internationally to London so they can try to regain lost revenue they're about to experience soon.

They ain't on my tv, but are on the blocklist on my router.

I would drop ESPN if I could, I think its in the basic cable package. The over head to keep ESPN going must be massive. Its definitely lost its luster.

Its not included in our most basic cable package, we lost things like AMC, TNT, ESPNCSN, Science Channel, etc

but almost all of those can be picked up on Sling, we just watched the entire Star Wars marathon yesterday on TNT via Sling.. and I lowered my internet package too, but its still definitely fast enough to do gaming on 2 PCs and stream HD Sling TV, so that was another $14 a month off the bill.. I went after them hard on the phone and amazingly they didn't seem to fight or resist, I was ready for a slugfest but they just did everything I asked without a fuss

I kept repeating "My bill hierarchy as far as expenses goes is 1. My Mortgage, 2. Comcast and 3. my car payment.. see the problem here?" and I threw the word Outrageous in there about 20 times lol.. Our bill went from $230/mo to $99/mo and I think we might even go a little further, because the basic cable we have now is kind of useless since Sling and Hulu provide all the same stuff and more, so we might fully cut loose from cable all together except for Internet..

and once Elon Musk launches his 6GB speed satelletite internet all over the earth, I'll be able to finally tell Comcast to kiss off for eternity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back